Stevie May

Hardolez21

Heard yesterday at the testimonial that 'May was going nowhere', those words came from the mouth of someone really close to him.  When pushed on the issue that he would say that, he assured again,  that he is 'going absolutely nowhere'

so thats good enough for me  :mrgreen:

I read similar on twitter yesterday too.

That's great news if true, but there's a journalist from Rotherham saying both clubs expect the deal to be done this week, with Saints wanting May to play for us on Thursday before signing for Rotherham thereafter.

Heard yesterday at the testimonial that 'May was going nowhere', those words came from the mouth of someone really close to him. When pushed on the issue that he would say that, he assured again, that he is 'going absolutely nowhere'

so thats good enough for me :mrgreen:

Hope so.

They words came out of the mouth of his Dad, so I'm kinda pinning my hopes on the fact that he will know exactly what is going on. :?  or at least I hope he does.

I'd be delighted to see Stevie say, but we'd have to brace ourselves for losing him for a development fee next summer. I just can't see him signing a new deal with all this nonsense going on.

I'd be delighted to see Stevie say, but we'd have to brace ourselves for losing him for a development fee next summer. I just can't see him signing a new deal with all this nonsense going on.

If Stevie stands his ground ,SB has to give him a contract or he is basically throwing money away .

In order to get a development fee, you have to have offered a contract. So Saints will be ensuring that a contract remains on the table at all times. Can't see why Stevie wouldn't sign it if the money is right - means he will get a percentage of a bigger xfer fee. The only downsides for him are if a longer contract puts other clubs off. But tbh, the likes of Hull wouldn't even blink over the difference between 1.5 and 1 million.

All this is pretty irrelevant if he gets injured or goes off the boil. Which is another reason why his agent might be stirring things up now.

I have wondered since this all kicked off where Stevie stood in all this.  He's under contract until next summer, so doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to.  His general attitude seems so different from 99% of footballers that he might just say no, score 35 goals and then say 'i told you so' when he signs for a Premiership club next summer.

We can but dream anyway.

Reports our side, are that it is a matter of time until things are agreed.  We wouldn't have kept coming back and banging on the door, for the player himself to turn around and say he didn't want to come.  No doubt his agent will have also been in discussion, and we'll already know what sort of salary May would want in order to sign.  Very rarely these days, that an offer is negotiated and finally accepted, for the player to not agree terms, unless there is someone else coming in at the last minute who would offer more.

Is your European game live on TV?  If it is, I'm sure there'll be plenty of Millers watching.

Reports our side, are that it is a matter of time until things are agreed.  We wouldn't have kept coming back and banging on the door, for the player himself to turn around and say he didn't want to come.  No doubt his agent will have also been in discussion, and we'll already know what sort of salary May would want in order to sign.  Very rarely these days, that an offer is negotiated and finally accepted, for the player to not agree terms, unless there is someone else coming in at the last minute who would offer more.

Is your European game live on TV?  If it is, I'm sure there'll be plenty of Millers watching.

Stevie's dad himself has apparently said he's not going. Ultimately, it's Stevie's decision - if he doesn't want to go, he wont go.

You'll probably find a link online as I think I saw it's being broadcast in Slovakia. Absolutely no chance here - we couldn't even get a broadcaster to take our gamve vs Rosenborg last year so we've no chance for this one.

We usually start our "are we on tele or radio" debate about 48 hours before the match. There will be lots of references to obscure illegal threads, and some very creative swearing about the feckin BBC, who would rather cover a Rangers (RIP) coffee morning than a game involving our national cup winners. You'll enjoy it - it's often better than the game. :wink: 

Good afternoon all, Miller here.

As it looks likely we will be signing Stevie May before the end of the week, I was just wondering how he plays up front as a lone striker? As we are not a 'big club' in the Championship as some like to think we are, my guess is we will be playing 4-5-1 away from home more often than not, and wondered how Stevie would cope up top on his own.

In a 4-4-2 formation at home with Alex Revell alongside him winning 80% of the headers lumped up towards him I could see a beautiful partnership with him and Stevie forming, can't wait for the new season to get started!

All the best for the upcoming season.

As it looks likely we will be signing Stevie May before the end of the week, I was just wondering how he plays up front as a lone striker? As we are not a 'big club' in the Championship as some like to think we are, my guess is we will be playing 4-5-1 away from home more often than not, and wondered how Stevie would cope up top on his own.

In a 4-4-2 formation at home with Alex Revell alongside him winning 80% of the headers lumped up towards him I could see a beautiful partnership with him and Stevie forming, can't wait for the new season to get started!

2/10 would not read again.

In a 4-4-2 formation at home with Alex Revell alongside him winning 80% of the headers lumped up towards him I could see a beautiful partnership with him and Stevie forming, can't wait for the new season to get started!

he's not going to you mate. Keep dreaming.