Stevie May

Hardolez21

Just heard that if/when Stevie goes, we are looking at replacing him with what I assume must be some foreign dude called Strufin Curtare - apparently he would be a very versatile option that will play a key role in the club's ongoing development. Anyone else heard this one?

Jim

Just heard that if/when Stevie goes, we are looking at replacing him with what I assume must be some foreign dude called Strufin Curtare - apparently he would be a very versatile option that will play a key role in the club's ongoing development. Anyone else heard this one?

Jim

Strufin Curtare , think your getting mixed up mate .

CMon Saints be bold and sign Stevie up for 3 years ! I can live with broken scoreboards and hand dryers but I can a&e live with out Stevie 'Stevy May' !!!!

I'm afraid whether he comes to the Millers or The Owls, you're gonna have to come to terms with loosing him sooner rather than later.

I'm afraid whether he comes to the Millers or The Owls, you're gonna have to come to terms with loosing him sooner rather than later.

He was let loose last season and scored for fun. If you mean losing him then I reckon we have been waiting on the day for a while now. I would have preferred to see you skinflints offer decent money rather than robbing us of our prized asset on the cheap though.

If Wednesday can afford to offer him the same wage as us, then he will probably go there.  Unfortunately, for no other reason than the size of the club.  Although I may be somewhat biased, we would be the better option in solely footballing terms.  We have a more experienced and settled management team, we have no boardroom uncertainty, a better 'man for man' squad, momentum, and are likely to have a more successful season than them.  Our footballing philosophies would better suit, and Steve Evans probably knows everything there is to know about Stevie May, and how to play him, and how he would fit in with our squad on a personal level.  I doubt their 'knee-jerk' offer has been as methodically thought out and researched as our approach.

I would like to see him join us, but unfortunately, I think we may have missed the boat.

If Wednesday can afford to offer him the same wage as us, then he will probably go there.  Unfortunately, for no other reason than the size of the club.  Although I may be somewhat biased, we would be the better option in solely footballing terms.  We have a more experienced and settled management team, we have no boardroom uncertainty, a better 'man for man' squad, momentum, and are likely to have a more successful season than them.  Our footballing philosophies would better suit, and Steve Evans probably knows everything there is to know about Stevie May, and how to play him, and how he would fit in with our squad on a personal level.  I doubt their 'knee-jerk' offer has been as methodically thought out and researched as our approach.

I would like to see him join us, but unfortunately, I think we may have missed the boat.

If you did miss out now, then it's entirely your chairman or manager's fault. If they hadn't been so intent on not paying us what we were asking, other teams wouldn't have had the chance to come in and hijack the deal.

Saints will have been pretty open about what we're looking for. He's scored 27 goals playing for a midtable team in the Scottish Premiership, so you know he's not a huge gamble either. Wednesday haven't tried to piss us about and now seem to be at the head of the queue. Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for Rotherham.

To quote a favourite line of mine from Pie and Bovril ^^^^^^^^^VERGE OF TEARS!!

I agree Millerman about your assessment of the uncertainty within Hillsborough but they do have the cash afer flogging Antonio and are established in the division although Stuart Gray is a novice. The axe looms at the first sign of trouble. Fatty Evans seems to get the best out of players at every club he has been at so if you had become established in the division over a number of seasons, you might not have seen the boat depart. The New York stadium is vastly superior to that dump down the road from me.

A case of not striking while the kettle's hot....

Better team to have on his CV also

It's not too late Saints. Get Stevie tied up on a long term contract NOW, banging in goals this season, becoming a full Scottish international, becoming a better player still, being worth much more money than your getting offered just now.

This is what a club like Saints are all about. Hoping to produce & see a special player develop once in a blue moon. Don't cut that short out of greed. Do the right thing and get this sorted.

It's not too late Saints. Get Stevie tied up on a long term contract NOW, banging in goals this season, becoming a full Scottish international, becoming a better player still, being worth much more money than your getting offered just now.

This is what a club like Saints are all about. Hoping to produce & see a special player develop once in a blue moon. Don't cut that short out of greed. Do the right thing and get this sorted.

Love this...

Pay the man put him on a 3 year deal and double your money...with a 2m fee

Anyone got a link or direct quote from Steve Brown that seems to have got RandomGuy so annoyed?

I don't think it exists. They was something on the Sky Sports News bar which said that we 'reiterated' that the only club that May was allowed to speak to was Rotherham, or something along those lines.

1) It's Sky Sports News. Sky don't give two shits about Scottish football outside the Old Firm.

2) Our manager and Wednesday's manager AND chairman confirmed that a bid had been lodged. Wright confirmed that Wednesday were in pole position to sign him.

3) Journalists who are actually with the Saints party in Slovakia have confirmed the Wednesday bid - presumably confirmed by club officials.

I don't think it exists. They was something on the Sky Sports News bar which said that we 'reiterated' that the only club that May was allowed to speak to was Rotherham, or something along those lines.

1) It's Sky Sports News. Sky don't give two shits about Scottish football outside the Old Firm.

2) Our manager and Wednesday's manager AND chairman confirmed that a bid had been lodged. Wright confirmed that Wednesday were in pole position to sign him.

3) Journalists who are actually with the Saints party in Slovakia have confirmed the Wednesday bid - presumably confirmed by club officials.

^^^^

Edited by Taximark

If you did miss out now, then it's entirely your chairman or manager's fault. If they hadn't been so intent on not paying us what we were asking, other teams wouldn't have had the chance to come in and hijack the deal.

Saints will have been pretty open about what we're looking for. He's scored 27 goals playing for a midtable team in the Scottish Premiership, so you know he's not a huge gamble either. Wednesday haven't tried to piss us about and now seem to be at the head of the queue. Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for Rotherham.

^^^^^ This.

Well said Kyle, sorry but these Rovrum (or toytown) fan just seem to be a little bitter because we have stepped in and tabled a bid.

I hope he does come here because he seems like a natural goal scorer and someone that the fans will love here at Hillsboro'.

Hope St Johnstone get a decent replacement and good luck tonight.

Edited by Taximark

Well said Kyle, sorry but these Rovrum (or toytown) fan just seem to be a little bitter because we have stepped in and tabled a bid.

I hope he does come here because he seems like a natural goal scorer and someone that the fans will love here at Hillsboro'.

Hope St Johnstone get a decent replacement and good luck tonight.

He's a tremendous talent already and has real potential to be even better. He carries himself with real swagger and has natural charisma. He's our poster boy (as corny as that probably sounds) and we'll really struggle to replace his goals and his other contributions. It's not very often a guy like him comes through at a club like Saints, even less often when the guy actually supports the club too.

If he does leave us, I'll wish him nothing but good luck going forward. It'd be nice to see him developing for a while longer with us, but I understand the draw of playing in the Championship and with a massive club like Sheffield Wednesday.