Stevie May

Hardolez21

^^^^^ This.

Well said Kyle, sorry but these Rovrum (or toytown) fan just seem to be a little bitter because we have stepped in and tabled a bid.

I hope he does come here because he seems like a natural goal scorer and someone that the fans will love here at Hillsboro'.

Hope St Johnstone get a decent replacement and good luck tonight.

you don't half talk some crap ! we are neither bothered or not bothered whether may signs for us or not. we don't actually need him. wednesday do. may won't get the service at swillsbrough with 10 cabbages behind him. best of luck tonight v spartak by the way regardless of the may situation.

you don't half talk some crap ! we are neither bothered or not bothered whether may signs for us or not. we don't actually need him. wednesday do. may won't get the service at swillsbrough with 10 cabbages behind him. best of luck tonight v spartak by the way regardless of the may situation.

^^^ extremely bothered

Hey, calm down fella, don't be so rude on this fantastic Saints forum (like Owlstalk I may add).

Just accept it, you messed about for 9 months trying to get him on the cheap, whilst we've just met the Saints asking price.

Hey, calm down fella, don't be so rude on this fantastic Saints forum (like Owlstalk I may add).

Just accept it, you messed about for 9 months trying to get him on the cheap, whilst we've just met the Saints asking price.

Stop kissing arse,its a bit sickening.If you think we are toytown,what do you think of a place with a population of 50,000.Choose your words carefully,you dont want to offend your temporary friends.

I don't think it exists. They was something on the Sky Sports News bar which said that we 'reiterated' that the only club that May was allowed to speak to was Rotherham, or something along those lines.

1) It's Sky Sports News. Sky don't give two shits about Scottish football outside the Old Firm.

2) Our manager and Wednesday's manager AND chairman confirmed that a bid had been lodged. Wright confirmed that Wednesday were in pole position to sign him.

3) Journalists who are actually with the Saints party in Slovakia have confirmed the Wednesday bid - presumably confirmed by club officials.

Only really seen this quote about Wednesday -

"Sheffield Wednesday have officially contacted the club," St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright told BBC Scotland. "The board will deal with that."

If the board operate as they used to, people wont be allowed to talk to Stevie until they meet the value the board set. That might be why Brown 'may' have said that only Rotherham could talk to him. That is not a lie or making anyone seem stupid.

Only really seen this quote about Wednesday -

"Sheffield Wednesday have officially contacted the club," St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright told BBC Scotland. "The board will deal with that."

If the board operate as they used to, people wont be allowed to talk to Stevie until they meet the value the board set. That might be why Brown 'may' have said that only Rotherham could talk to him. That is not a lie or making anyone seem stupid.

There's been a lot of stuff on twitter from journalists. Chris Harvey from STV said that May will play tonight before signing for Wednesday tomorrow little over an hour ago.

Stop kissing arse,its a bit sickening.If you think we are toytown,what do you think of a place with a population of 50,000.Choose your words carefully,you dont want to offend your temporary friends.

Why don't you tell us all about Canklow?  :mrgreen:

Edited by Taximark

Heard from a very reliable source that Stevie May is not interested in moving at the moment (or to any of the clubs in talks) and it's the club that are pushing for a deal to go ahead.

I really hope the lad isn't bullied into a move by Steve Brown. If he wants to stay tie him up for a while and take a risk of a higher fee. We survived when we lost out on the Danny Griffin fee and would again.

IF thats the case then why should he be forced to go?

If he wants to stay then, stay. Hes not owe the club a single thing. He doesn't need to leave the club because hes a supporter and is aware of how the club operates.

If he stays he will cement himself a Saints hero, hes a hero now but would be even more so if in these modern football times rejecting the much more money to stay and play in Scotland. 

Some clarity on the name Pigs/ Piggies.

Wednesday called it United (Sheffield) years ago, it was originally the Bacon Backs because on the colours of their shirts, in return the Pigs (you got it, Sheff U) started to call it back to us - rather weird but that's what they do.

So where do little old Rovrum fit in to all of this? well because they are the little ones left outside of the City they think it's fair that they gatecrash the City rivalry by calling it to us as well.

We let them do this because they are a tiny club and most folk from rovrum actually pop down to Hillsboro' to watch football.

Sorry Saints, just needed to clear that one up.

Having had the pleasure of watching Reading at Both the Sheffield Ground and Rotherham I personally would be gutted if Stevie May went to Rotherham. From What I remember they Play 1 up front and 10 behind the ball and celebrate like the won the FA cup whenever they get a draw away from home

As for the Sheffield clubs I went to a Match there last game of the season some years ago when Paul Sturrock was manager and they struck me as a decent club with some decent fans. Decent banter after the match. They are a club who  have always tried to play football. Some times to their detriment I wont mention the consecutive 6 - 0 defeats at the Madejski stadium ;)

Not gonna mention the other Sheffield team as I cant stand anything about them  The Colin Wanker effect.

In short we are going to lose Stevie I hope he chooses Wednesday.

I would like to Say a big thankyou to Roverham for Giving Reading Adam Le Fondre and ask that you show a little sympathy as you know what its like to lose your best player for a lot less than his Value.

Edited by SaintinReading