Stevie May

Hardolez21

I've spent the night drowning my sorrows. This guy WILL score a shed load of goals no matter where he plays. He's no target man and useless in the air but if you can get him working in behind the channels he'll fire you to safety.

We're used to 10-12 goals a season strikers and it was such a breath of fresh air to have a guy that would shoot from 30 yards a few times, miss and try again and again without it affecting him. He loves to shoot and he's pretty good at it.

I've seen a lot of decent players head down South and fail. May won't be one. He already has the physical strength, pace and fitness to play in The Championship. Those were things Kris Boyd lacked and what i'd say caused his failure at that level.

Look after him and leave me alone to cry into my vodka.

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

"I've spent the night drowning my sorrows. This guy WILL score a shed load of goals no matter where he plays. He's no target man and useless in the air but if you can get him working in behind the channels he'll fire you to safety.

We're used to 10-12 goals a season strikers and it was such a breath of fresh air to have a guy that would shoot from 30 yards a few times, miss and try again and again without it affecting him. He loves to shoot and he's pretty good at it.

I've seen a lot of decent players head down South and fail. May won't be one. He already has the physical strength, pace and fitness to play in The Championship. Those were things Kris Boyd lacked and what i'd say caused his failure at that level.

Look after him and leave me alone to cry into my vodka."

You do that Tomkinson. Hopefully the School Leopard will fetch him back

Edited by The Great Paddy Buckley

All I will say Wadsley, Do No FuQCK THIS GUY UP, If Ross McCormack is worth £11m Steve was ready to pass him in the Scotland team, Although Strachan would not pick him because he plays for St Johnstone but now he will first pick against the world champions .    

Hiya folks,

Just a quick one to say thanks for Stevie. I have to confess, & please forgive my ignorance here, but I'd not really heard of the fella until earlier this week. I then watched his goals on youtube & wow, the boy can play. Amazed there were only two clubs in for him. Have to admit I expected a late bid by another side to blow us out of the water which would have been great for you guys.Luckily for us it didn't happen.

Wish you every success this season, will be looking out for your results. Your supporters in the main have been really mature about this transfer wishing Stevie all the best and hoping he does well. You're a credit to your club. Not seen anyone not rate this lad.

Once again, have a great season & all the best to you. St Johnstone, my newly adopted side. Hope Macca bangs a few in for ya

He looks a bloody strong big lad, unless that shirts a bit tight. :)

He is a strong boy that's for sure. You have the best scottish talent in a long time coming to you. Work rate excellent, eye for goal, and very modest too which makes him likeable. As I said I feel that I have sort of lost something I have loved over the past 12 months...like my wife has just run off with anither man.

I sincerely hope he scores shed loads for you and gets you challenging. According to the bookies you are going to struggle mid table this season. If he gets 20 goals you will be laughing.

I dread to think how good he'll be in 3-4 years.

He's one of the few players up here to handle the physicality of the Championship straight away. That's down to serious gym time. He went from a scrawny kid to what you see now over a short space of time.

That's a testament to the boy's attitude.

The questions that will no doubt be being asked about his ability to "step up" by parts of your support were all asked here last summer.

Remember last year was his first at top level up here and he not only blew all our previous scoring records out of the water but shot us to our first trophy in 130 years.

I know you've had a few Scottish players recently. Stevie is of a different standard to any of them. He can make some basic mistakes at times, he'll shoot from any angle and there are times when a pass would be better than shooting but I suppose his willingness to shoot is why he scores so many.

His goals to games ratio is on a par (maybe better) with guys like Gary Hooper and in a team with a £1m annual budget.

Nothing fazes him and I think in time he'll prove to be a top player for you.

To say I am gutted is an understatement........but I will say there is something that stinks about all of this......do/did Saints need to sell our messiah? Was he pushed out? Did he want to go? I should still be riding high on a tsunami size of a wave given last years exploits? SB banging on about hoping last years performance would bring in more season tickets? Well Mr Brown.....we as fans feels cheated...you have removed our prize asset ......and with a short sighted view......another season of Stevie banging in

Lets say only 15 -20 goals would have kept us happy, channeled more interest and people through the turnstiles and increased his value far more ......and as we all accept we are a selling club .....everybody would have been happy .....I understand economic principles and this does not make sense......something smelly

Edited by Gshrek

Some great comments on here about Stevie May, I like that, that's a credit you Saints fans, but I'll be honest, I don't know that much about Scottish players and the way you all talk about this lad has me excited and I can't wait to see him play personally.

A few questions..how long has he been playing in St Johnstones first team? Has anyone in England monitored his progress apart from Rovrum?  I know they wanted him last year, just surprises me that a player with supposedly such talent didn't get spotted before.

He will absolutely love Hillsboro' we'll make him feel welcome. 

Some great comments on here about Stevie May, I like that, that's a credit you Saints fans, but I'll be honest, I don't know that much about Scottish players and the way you all talk about this lad has me excited and I can't wait to see him play personally.

A few questions..how long has he been playing in St Johnstones first team? Has anyone in England monitored his progress apart from Rovrum?  I know they wanted him last year, just surprises me that a player with supposedly such talent didn't get spotted before.

Ironically I am traveling to SHeffield tomorrow and I hope Stevie is staying in the same hotel....so I can give him some stick.......he is a good lad , level headed and a hard working boy who has enough belief in his ability coupled with a drive to succeed ...so he should realise his potential........I hope Sheffield Wednesday grow with the success that I hope STevie May will bring them

A few questions..how long has he been playing in St Johnstones first team? Has anyone in England monitored his progress apart from Rovrum? I know they wanted him last year, just surprises me that a player with supposedly such talent didn't get spotted before.

I think Peterborough offered us a cash plus player deal involving Nicky Ajose towards the end of last summer's window. We'd just knocked Rosenborg out of Europe and Stevie had been scoring.

Our club keeps their cards close to their chest at all times generally.

Last season was his first in our top flight which makes him all the more remarkable

I would also say a big thanks to Stevie May for all his goals, especially his two in the semi final of the cup and wish him every success at Hillsborough. Another chapter begins now in Saints history. Give us a victory tomorrow against Ross County as a goodbye present to our number 17.

All the best Stevie.

believe it or not that was stevie mays first full season for us and that was down to our great manager tommy wright

before took over the realms he was loaned out to lower league teams alloa and then hamilton where he was top scorer at both clubs

he linked up well with another ex owl stevie mclean

there was a lot of teams enquiring about him last season

including hull, wigan , qpr,preston and peterboro but a lot of the bids for him were too low and were rejected

he s a natural goalscorer and will score goals for sheff wed once he gets his chance

all us saints fans will miss him at mcdiarmid park but hopefully our chairman releases funds for a suitable replacement

good luck to stevie and sheff wed for the future

ll

I wanted to tell you but was too scared ! ;)

Thanks dave it's ok...I literaly just got home from a wedding in Bristol and found a half naked owl in our marital bed smoking a cigarette looking all sweaty. I always new she was too good for the likes of me...and the owl has far more money than me, a larger home and wears bespoke sondico tops. I helpless to keep her.