Stevie May

Hardolez21

Heard a rumour from a jambo last night that hearts are sniffing around trying to sign him, I would be gutted if he went to another spl team.

Theres literally no chance he'll be back in Scotland next season. I just can't see any logic in it.

Where does logic say he will be playing? Its not working out for him in sheffield so where does he go from there?

Heard a rumour from a jambo last night that hearts are sniffing around trying to sign him, I would be gutted if he went to another spl team.

The Rangers fans say something similar. I think he'd be daft to come back up to Scotand unless it was on a season long loan (Saints). There are other clubs in England he'd be better going to, to resurrect his career.

Where does logic say he will be playing? Its not working out for him in sheffield so where does he go from there?

He has nothing to prove up here. And id be amazed if Sheffield thought another year in Scotland would help him.

If he does leave them, which i dont think he will seeing as hes still joint top league scorer, itll be to another side in England to try and help him adapt to the game down there.

Again though, i cant see him leaving them anyway.

His agent should get in touch with Charlton Athletic...they need an out and out guy like May. Other Championship clubs may also be interested.

Hes got nothing to prove in Scotland at all.

He was signed on a four year deal as a relatively young player. Not sure Wednesday would want to punt him after 12 months in which he's scored just as many as anyone else for them.

Agree with this...

Rotherham have been deducted 3 points by the Football League for fieidling an ineligble player. They are now 1 point above the relegation places with 2 games left to play.

Considering all the shite we had to put up with from their fans last summer, I would LOVE IT if that fat mess Steve Evans took them down.

#goingplaces

I don't buy the argument he gets no service. Our own young lad Lavery has come back from injury and has offered a lot more, made good runs, got on the end of loose balls and given defenders more of a hard time than May has done all season. All with the same players around him.

May is weak, gets pushed of the ball, has no power in his legs, can't hold it up, doesn't get into good areas. It's an excuse blaming the players around him for not giving it to him on a plate, most strikers at our level will have a field day if they had the players capable of giving it to them on a plate every game. The striker has to do more.

May ran his socks off at the start of the season and that's one complaint you can't make about the lad, but even that fantastic work rate has decreased. He's low on confidence coupled with the fact he's not really as good as we hoped for.

Whether he will stay? All depends on the new owners ambitions for next season, we don't know what the aim is yet, promotion or just a top half finish. We'll know more when the season finishes. My guess is if the lad wants to stay that is, he will be given another shot seen as we spent 800k on him, which at the time was a lot of money for us.

i wonder if May would have scored that chance lavery missed from 2 yards out against Bournemouth

Yeah that was by far our worst performance of the season. Absolutely shocking in the second half.

All our strikers are bang average in all honesty. Lavery shows the most promise and looks the most likely to kick on. The rest I'm just bored with. Hopefully we won't mess about in pre season and just sign a proven goal scorer no messing. Not easy to find though.

A couple of wingers would be nice too.

Yeah that was by far our worst performance of the season. Absolutely shocking in the second half.

All our strikers are bang average in all honesty. Lavery shows the most promise and looks the most likely to kick on. The rest I'm just bored with. Hopefully we won't mess about in pre season and just sign a proven goal scorer no messing. Not easy to find though.

A couple of wingers would be nice too.

I don't care what you think..no offence. This isn't a thread about the ups and downs of Wednesday. Should you not be saying this shit* on ur own forum owlstalk?

What are you on about? Its a Stevie May thread and any discussion of SW naturally relates to May. I for one appreciate the updates and its mildly interesting to see what someone not blinkered by liking Saints thinks

What u on about? It's not a thread on the strengths and weaknesses of Wednesday. His post had no mention of may. Why the feck do I wana hear about where they need to strengthen for the coming season? I love this thread and will stick up for it...but if it becomes a thread about just Sheffield Wednesday and the teams players, doctors wife's cat, then it can do one.