Stevie May

Hardolez21

• 3 weeks later...

Thought i'd pop by to just let you know Stevie showed last week why it was the right decision to let him go. Keep making them silly runs, funny how they looked a lot better they replaced him with Doyle and replaced Keane with the other lad.

Good win for you lot the other week am I right? How's Macca getting on?

Thought i'd pop by to just let you know Stevie showed last week why it was the right decision to let him go. Keep making them silly runs, funny how they looked a lot better they replaced him with Doyle and replaced Keane with the other lad.

----------------------

This is coming across as a smug and sanctimonious to me.

------- with the two questions tacked on at the end to try and justify 'friendly banter'

Yeh time for u to piss off now. Your post comes across insincere. Bye bye 

Macca is having a brilliant season so far so I hope he can stay injury free.

Joint top scorer in league at moment.

Scored a hell of a lot of goals for you according to Wikipedia. One of my favourite Wednesday players of recent times and was gutted when we let him go all those years back. Glad to see he's still got it

North Ender here. Young Stevie has not impressed I'm afraid, runs around a lot and his effort is second to none but he really is the invisible man. Disappears from games and rarely touches the ball. 

His first touch is dire

his positioning and runs are dire

his passing when he does get the ball is dire

Its not looking good but our midfield have hardly helped him, I'll reserve full judgement on him for atleast another month as our midfield maestro Paul Gallagher returns from injury on Saturday which will hopefully help him out. 

North Ender here. Young Stevie has not impressed I'm afraid, runs around a lot and his effort is second to none but he really is the invisible man. Disappears from games and rarely touches the ball. 

His first touch is dire

Its not looking good but our midfield have hardly helped him, I'll reserve full judgement on him for atleast another month as our midfield maestro Paul Gallagher returns from injury on Saturday which will hopefully help him out. 

But he did really well up in Scotland so he must be amazing?

But he did really well up in Scotland so he must be amazing?

Oh dear a grumpy Sheffield fan trying to be smart.

The fact that you made a statement followed by a question mark speaks volumes.

Stevy will maybe take a while to recover form his experience at Sheffield. A good player does not become a bad player overnight

Sounds familar to when he first joined SW. If Gallagher is your maestro, then I see the problem.

May is in a really tough place now, to state the obvious he really needs to get that first goal, or this move could turn out like the last one and I doubt another english club will come calling if that is the case.

His first touch is dire

Decent post.

Hopefully once Steve has settled in and found some confidence you will see the best of him.

Gave Virgil Van Dyke a torrid time on more than one occasion as well. Definitely something going on. He's either picked up some bad habits down south or is suffering from a Falcao level crisis of confidence. 

Either way, I don't really care. We got paid.

Edited by Pat McGroin

Either way, I don't really care. We got paid.

This is it for me too.  Any number of bitter fans from down south can come on here telling us we are wrong, but he scored 27 goals for us in one season, was instrumental in a turning a semi final on it's head which led to the most memorable day any Saints fan will ever have, and performed well for the Scotland U-21s during that year.  Don't really care how he does now in the eyes of others, he made part of our history, and we got a decent bundle of cash out of his move south.  No amount of bile from other clubs' fans can take that away.