Time To Spend Steve

bankfoot saint

He'll have no choice but to spend if/when May goes. Even if he does spend money he'll be lucky to get anywhere near the amount of fans we shouldve have been getting. Completely killed the momentum of the club. What a stupid prick, especially when the solution was so ****ing simple

Like Dunne and Goodwillie wanting to sign for example.

And we were asked to invest in the club. We've done that. Season Ticket sales are up, we've had two cup games where they've had a combined 15000 in the ground not to mention Merchandise sales etc.

Where is that investment in return?

I said the exact same thing a month ago....we r doing what has been asked of us, with some fans going way above and beyond. What are we getting in return this pre season? Fukc all is what we r getting. Once again the communication is pish and simply taking the cup around schools don't cut it with me. Complete bullshit...why wasn't may sorted out sooner and what is the fecking situation with tw contract? GET IT SORTED.... And if the club can't, then be honest and open with us. I could go on and on and on but if we do lose may to Rotherham and nothing comes in return in the form of a quality striker then I am afraid we r fecked for the season, sorry to say.

If the bonus-cutting thing is true - and I just cannot, cannot believe it is - I will officially and publicly abandon my blind-faith, the Browns are Gods position immediately.

I totally agree....the current players have done us proud and their bonuses should be the last things to be touched. How about cut back on some of the boardroom suits at the club?

I totally agree....the current players have done us proud and their bonuses should be the last things to be touched. How about cut back on some of the boardroom suits at the club?

Aye give them trackies like the players.

In all seriousness I agree. We seem to have almost as many on the Board as we do in the squad. I'm sure they don't take a wage or whatever but each and every one will come at some cost no doubt.

I share your frustration, but some of the 'boardroom suits' are just Saints fans who happen to be accountants, bankers etc who give up their time voluntarily to help. 

I share your frustration, but some of the 'boardroom suits' are just Saints fans who happen to be accountants, bankers etc who give up their time voluntarily to help.

I don't care, I need to take my frustration out on someone and it's the board (such a cliché I know). These voluntary supporters board members who are accountant can surely do the fecking maths and find the money to strengthen our team. And don't be fooled by the voluntary part. I am sure there are mutual benefits. They are not successfull business men by doing stuff for free...and just because they are voluntary don't mean they shouldn't share the blame for a complete and total embarrassing shambles of a pre season.

Well, again, let's wait to see if it's true. There are some worrying signs though. Obvious discord between the managers and owners - they're pretty much at war. Simple cock-ups with catering, ticketing and seating arrangements that competent management shouldn't allow. Little signs of creativity in PR and advertising. Pretty inept public statements from the Chairman. And 3 pretty crap displays on the field so far. Le's be honest here guys - Lucerne were robbed.

I hate saying this - I really do, I'm a blind faith kind of guy- but al is not well in Hugh's old tattie field. What, indeed, is the f uck going on.

I was suspicious early doors about the delay in contracts for Wright and May and the longer it has gone on has heightened my suspicion. May and his sudden injury susceptibility is also strange. I was inclined to see everything through my blue tinted specs as I never thought my beloved Saints batted with anything other than a straight bat. In 50 plus years of supporting and following my team, I have never felt so confused and uncomfortable as to what is, allegedly or not, going on.

:oops:

and all of us are wanting to go down the rangers/hearts route??

i never said "all of us" i was responding to bbd's point which i quoted.

i have no idea of saints financial position as im pretty sure most wappers dont either. if we have cash sb will make it available do all you guys honestly think hes holding back cash?

if we keep making losses every year by overspending on players we cant afford then we will have no right to slag other teams off. 

yes its been small losses but if we lose 100k a year then before you know it we have 7figures in the red

yes its been small losses but if we lose 100k a year then before you know it we have 7figures in the red

Our official financial report in 2013 showed we had £1.27m in the bank. It would take over twenty years worth of £100k losses to get into seven figures worth of debt

Really starting to worry.

After the most successful season in the clubs history we release players but the manager is then told he can't bring any in. I understand the strategy of keeping a small squad and only bringing if players if necessary should there be injuries but it's obvious that TW and players aren't on board with this and morale has undoubtedly been damaged.

SB could be waiting to see what happens with Stevie May on the transfer front before deciding on the playing budget but it's not ideal. What would be unforgivable is if the rumors about the player bonuses being cut is true, I'm sure our salaries are among the lowest in the SPL but our players were terrific last season, they won the Scottish cup for fuqs sake.

The club need to make a statement on the bonuses.

It's hard to believe how much the feel good factor has diminished since April.