Time To Spend Steve

bankfoot saint

In football terms we are skint. In our personal lives we have all had one time or another when we have had more cash in our bank account than reflects our general wealth or future income.

If I earn £20,000 per year, and one day I'm walking along the street and find £2000, that doesn't mean that I can start living a life of luxury. Once that £2000 has gone how do I replace it when I am still earning £20,000.

Get a better job

What's the script here?

Same team that won the cup 2 months ago!?

Players released were ones who weren't getting a regular game anyway!

Haven't strengthened the team...with what! Goodwillie? Would you want him in your team!?

Budget? No money..no change there then!

Would I love if Saints could splash the cash ... You bet! But hey guess what! Less than 3000 come through the gates on a regular basis, so where's the money coming from?

Granted I'm not happy about the Stevie May situation...I would rather we tied him in to a long contract & then we don't have to worry about him walking away for nothing!

Have Saints got it right ...no...but Chairman & boss a relative rookies so maybe we should cut them some slack.

Don't think you can judge how far behind we actually are just yet? Lucerne must have had 40 times our budget!

Is there room from improvement? Yes but we have just won a cup on probably the smallest budget ever!

Can we not just bask in the high from being cup winners for a wee bit longer!⚽

I've heard rumours of a protest at the Celtic game.

Quite frankly a protest at that stage of the season would be embarrassing. The basis of the protest could only be that we haven't signed any new players and instead are relying on our Scottish Cup winning squad and have promoted several youngsters so they get more first team action. Hardly grounds for protest, we'd be a laughing stock.

We should reserve judgement on Steve Brown's policy until the end of the season.

Anyone that thinks a protest is a good idea is a complete idiot.

I can't believe that after the season we had last year and the victory over Luzern people would think the best thing to do would be to do that!?

Is this stupid kids that supported the Old Firm up until a few months ago?

Quite frankly a protest at that stage of the season would be embarrassing. The basis of the protest could only be that we haven't signed any new players and instead are relying on our Scottish Cup winning squad and have promoted several youngsters so they get more first team action. Hardly grounds for protest, we'd be a laughing stock.

We should reserve judgement on Steve Brown's policy until the end of the season.

I certainly don't think we should protest at the stadium but reserving judgement till the end of the season . He's being judged now and quite rightly for his poor PR and squad policy

I certainly don't think we should protest at the stadium but reserving judgement till the end of the season . He's being judged now and quite rightly for his poor PR and squad policy

How can you judge the squad policy when we haven't kicked a ball in the league? People are predicting this policy will fail but we can't make any judgement till we have the facts i.e. results one way or another.

I think the PR is subjective, his method and style of communication doesn't seem to have changed since last season it's just that this close season he's not saying things people like where as last season he was playing hardball with Ross County and people liked that so he was a PR genius.

I can't remember the last time we kept a successful top flight squad together for a 2nd season and to me this massive positive has been overlooked too much in favour of supposition about what is going wrong at the club. In reality all that has (or rather hasn't) happened is the arrival of new faces but we've had an explanation for that.

People read too much into things and while the current squad policy may end up going wrong we can't judge the decision until that point.

How can you judge the squad policy when we haven't kicked a ball in the league? People are predicting this policy will fail but we can't make any judgement till we have the facts i.e. results one way or another.

I think the PR is subjective, his method and style of communication doesn't seem to have changed since last season it's just that this close season he's not saying things people like where as last season he was playing hardball with Ross County and people liked that so he was a PR genius.

I can't remember the last time we kept a successful top flight squad together for a 2nd season and to me this massive positive has been overlooked too much in favour of supposition about what is going wrong at the club. In reality all that has (or rather hasn't) happened is the arrival of new faces but we've had an explanation for that.

People read too much into things and while the current squad policy may end up going wrong we can't judge the decision until that point.

He's not a football man he's the son of a bussiness man.... Tommy has stated the need with excellent back up. SB has stated no with no resonable back up since our income has generated far more than previously since our cup run....

Our squad is thin FACT

He's not a football man he's the son of a bussiness man.... Tommy has stated the need with excellent back up. SB has stated no with no resonable back up since our income has generated far more than previously since our cup run....

Our squad is thin FACT

To be fair Steve Brown has said we'll sign back up when we need it as opposed to signing it just in case so not a straight no. He's seen players like Fallon sitting on the bench getting a wage then doing next to nothing on the park when he did get the chance. We've also seen our "emergency" signings work out a lot better in recent seasons so I can see his point of view.

It's not a fact that our squad is thin, just an prediction that the younger players who are now being used as squad players will not be good enough to see us avoid a relegation scrap let alone get close to repeating last season's performances

To be fair Steve Brown has said we'll sign back up when we need it as opposed to signing it just in case so not a straight no. He's seen players like Fallon sitting on the bench getting a wage then doing next to nothing on the park when he did get the chance. We've also seen our "emergency" signings work out a lot better in recent seasons so I can see his point of view.

It's not a fact that our squad is thin, just an prediction that the younger players who are now being used as squad players will not be good enough to see us avoid a relegation scrap let alone get close to repeating last season's performances

It is crazy to say that we`ll sign backup when needed. They will not be there when needed.