Time To Spend Steve

bankfoot saint

To be honest, don't think last night had much to do with the lack of players. More to do with the poor performance and poor tactics.

The spine of our team (like or dislike Gary Mac) was missing. Anderson, McDonald and May all out. Tommy Wright not being present with his mother passing and the general exertions of last week were all playing a part.

The negativity shown by Callum Davidson in the press, "0-0 will be a good result or even 1-1!" Wouldnt exactly inspire many fans or players and that was reflected in the flat atmosphere (compared to Luzern match) which transmitted to a flat performance on the pitch.

I think people are forgetting Murray Davidson too, who is a talismanic figure at his best.

If we sell May, which rumours suggest is fairly close, then we'll have some money to spend. I doubt we'll pay fees, but at least Tommy will be able to bring in players.

I don't think it's worth losing May for that to happen, but it might turn out to be the reality.

The spine of our team (like or dislike Gary Mac) was missing. Anderson, McDonald and May all out. Tommy Wright not being present with his mother passing and the general exertions of last week were all playing a part.

The negativity shown by Callum Davidson in the press, "0-0 will be a good result or even 1-1!" Wouldnt exactly inspire many fans or players and that was reflected in the flat atmosphere (compared to Luzern match) which transmitted to a flat performance on the pitch.

Do you mean McDonald? He played last night.

Don't think CD was being negative, he was saying it would have been a good result. We've become good at going away and scoring and getting at least a draw in these European games: 1-0 in rosenborg, 1-0 in Minsk, 1-1 in lucern. In all of these games a 0-0 at home would have seen us through.

Maybe everyone has different expectations, but for me these games are all about getting through and seeing if we can push closer to the group stages, or maybe get a plum tie against one of the big sides. I don't expect there will be too many teams in The europa league third round we are going to out football and get a few goals against. That maybe sounds negative but I look at us getting thru any European tie as a brilliant achievement, especially considering how hard that's proved to be for Scottish clubs the past few years.

" Bar Celtic and Aberdeen, there's no reason why we can't look at finishing 3rd! "

Actually, there are 9 other reasons why we can't finish 3rd. 

There are 9 other teams who might fancy finishing 3rd.....they are possibilities that might mean we won't finish third, but not reasons why we can't

Actually, there are 9 other reasons why we can't finish 3rd. 

On paper, you're right. Although, how many of the other teams can realistically feel they can challenge for 3rd?  

I wouldn't imagine Dundee, Hamilton, St. Mirren, Partick, Ross County or Kilmarnock would feel it's a realistic aim right now....

Motherwell, ICT, Utd & Saints should (barring any major injury crisis) be the teams looking at 3rd as a realistic finish for this season.

Personally, with the thin squad we're going with, I'd be happy to finish in the top 6 again, but 3rd is definitely not out of the question. 

The 170k SB was quoted was an estimate for 3 players I believe. Even if it was argued we didn't raise 170k via attendances over the last couple of games, surely we would've raised 55k - so at least enough for one additional player! (although, I'd love to know what kind of improvement we could make to the squad with players making a grand a week!) 

15000 was based on an average £16 which I think is a fair assumption given that of the 15000 at least half of them would be paying adults at £26! Happy to be challenged but 200-250k won't be far away! If the club are saying there isn't any money to strength then I would dispute that! There is for at least 1 player if not 2!

A lot of people have bought Into the wee club, let's not spend beyond out means etc and I don't disagree with that but at the end of the day - we are a football club, the fans want to be entertained and want a group if players the managers and players deserve! If there is no money then fair enough! Doesn't look that way though!

this type of basic basic accountancy never works out though, i'm sure you havent taken into account the fact any unplanned maintainance that has to be done e.g.- i spray painted a giant cock and balls (banksy esque) outside the away end lastnight with DFC on the helmet which they might have to repair, or run the risk of offending the soap dodgers, have you taken that into account?

Let's face it, we're pish and we'll be back in the First Division in a few years and then we'll get above our station again and get promoted and then win a cup and then get relegated again.

Ad infinite.

Welcome to life as a Saints fan.

SHOW SOME ****ING AMBITION YOU DICKTARDS.

Nobody but nobody is saying break the bank, but this is beyond ridiculous and we all know it, even if loads don't admit and continue to blindly follow and remain in denial.

We've probably never had it as good financially as a club and yet we are still penny pinching. The Brown comment about having to pay players in the month of June made me sick.

Get the ****ing cheque book oot and get us a couple of decent players, and while yer at it, sort oot the ****ing  kiosk catering ( or get one of yer staff  to do it) The cry goes up " we have nae spare" and then we fail massively to meet the demand of our fans and lose more vital revenue..  It really is looking like a ****ing shambles from where were are looking..

MTS.

Get the ****ing cheque book oot and get us a couple of decent players, and while yer at it, sort oot the ****ing  kiosk catering ( or get one of yer staff  to do it) The cry goes up " we have nae spare" and then we fail massively to meet the demand of our fans and lose more vital revenue..  It really is looking like a ****ing shambles from where were are looking..

MTS.

Secret 7 might get catering sorted.

MTS.

Have you contacted the club?

Let's face it, we're pish and we'll be back in the First Division in a few years and then we'll get above our station again and get promoted and then win a cup and then get relegated again.

Ad infinite.

Welcome to life as a Saints fan.

SHOW SOME ****ING AMBITION YOU DICKTARDS.

Nobody but nobody is saying break the bank, but this is beyond ridiculous and we all know it, even if loads don't admit and continue to blindly follow and remain in denial.

We've probably never had it as good financially as a club and yet we are still penny pinching. The Brown comment about having to pay players in the month of June made me sick.

And we were asked to invest in the club. We've done that. Season Ticket sales are up, we've had two cup games where they've had a combined 15000 in the ground not to mention Merchandise sales etc.

Where is that investment in return?

Absolutely spot-on.