Spartak Trnava V Saints

glenrothes saintee

Yeah early goal is important.

Need to come out flying against them. right in their faces, dont let them settle and pass it about. Really need to close them down like we do United and not allow them time to ping it in behind over the top or in the channel as thats where all our problems were coming from the other night.

They arent as good as they looked!

2 up front IMO. Obviously gives us more of a chance to score but also makes it harder for them to play out from the back with it. It will make them kick it long from GK's etc where its likely we will dominate in the air.

I would like to see Kane get his chance too....look what happened last year when May was given his chance!

I know it won't happen, but if Stevie May can play why not have him, Kane and McLean upfront wi Wotherspoon and Croft supporting!

Surely we could create enough with that attacking format to win this tie and progress!

Hope all those going have an enjoyable trip, though with the average price of 0.5 L of beer being 87P I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves somehow or other regardless of the result.

As for the game itself the pressure is all on Trnava they could have been on easy street but those missed chances for them and Saints late goal makes this an awkward one for them, don't believe Saints need to chase an early goal even if Saints go 1-0 up after 70/75 minutes what do Trnava do then, try and get a goal to kill off the tie, or try and hold on and scrape through, also worth noting that even if Trnava do score Saints objective doesn't need to change they still need to score twice.

Edited by Thomas_sjfc

Love the optimism...

I really do think we have a great chance keep them quiet for 20mins then get right into them with some good ols Scottish aggression and May tormenting them..

May will play , May will stay , Rotheram have zero chance May will not go.. And he will be well pissed with Brown for entertaining the fact....

Love the optimism...

I really do think we have a great chance keep them quiet for 20mins then get right into them with some good ols Scottish aggression and May tormenting them..

May will play , May will stay , Rotheram have zero chance May will not go.. And he will be well pissed with Brown for entertaining the fact....

as pxxxxxd as u?

Love the optimism on this thread but last weeks performance has given us a lot to make-up.All spartak need to do is sit in ,keep their shape and waste time[ which all these eastern euro teams excel at,i don't expect them to feel any pressure at home as they didn't away from home,their all technicaly very good and have good quality going forward so id expect them to progress.Saints to have any chance at all need an early goal...1st half followed by another which will require having lots of the ball and creating chances ,something we didn't do at home mind you I think that was down to the tactics more than the players...hoofing the ball up the park does not work.Dont think Callum has a clue to be honest,think Tommy will install belief in them but ultimately we,l go out.

The main issue to potentially get through is will the defense do as they are told and not shit themselves everytime the ball comes up?!

If Wright keeps charging out 30 yards like a raging rhino to try win a ball we will get torn apart again.

TW needs to get his tactics right, they were horrifically wrong last Thursday. 

If we play a 4-5-1 then it's vitally important to have someone very close to Macca.

My ideal team, if fit, would be.

Mannus

Cuptie - Ando - Wright - Easton

Crofty - Millar - Brown - Spoonie

May

Macca.

As long as we don't go out there and get embarrassed again.

I'm actually quite optimistic about this game, I don't see any reason why we cant go there are win 2-0 or even 2-1 will do then get ready for another penalty shootout.

We know what we're up against now and can prepare accordingly.

Tommy, Stevie and the rest wana play the likes of Inter or Spurs as much as we want to watch it!

Keep the faith boys and girls - I know times are a little hard but no reason to be pessimistic about what could be our best European result ever.

ANY F**KING COVERAGE THIS TIME??????????????????????????????????

Don't think a 451 works against a good passing team as they just pass through us as will, last week we couldn't get close to them in the first half. 442 and a high pressure game from the start, thats when they'll start lumping in forward and we'll win the long balls.

If we do not have May it will be difficult to playy 442 as we only have two forwards left McLean and Kane and I do not Kane is up to it. Hope I am proved wrong. Think if May is not available it will be 451. Again we will struggle if O'Halloran is injured to change things as we will have nothing on the bench to bring on