St Johnstone V Celtic

RandomGuy

Celtic were there for the taking last night, and not for a mistake and a dodgy ref we would have at least got a draw out of that game. I'm discounting the Mannus mistake as if we had been back in the game with 11 men it would probably not have happened. I was sitting thinking that we were playing so well at the beginning of the 2nd  half that the sucker punch was coming and so it did, but even after that we looked good for an equalizer and were denied a stonewall penalty by a referee who was not helped by his assistants. The Celtic penalty and the sending off of McKay was criminal although I'm thinking that appealing the red will just be a waste of 1k by the club, we all know how well the SFA are at seeing with old firm tinted glasses on...

Performance wise, no-one really had a bad game, ok mistakes but other than that they all stuck to their tasks well. Still a bit concerned about lack of bite up front but its something we are going to have to live with and hope we can find a striker who will take more chances.

Onwards and upwards, Hamilton on Saturday, 3 points to the blues and it will all be forgotten about.

Well said sir . Summed last night up in a nut shell.

Saints to appeal Daves Red Card, breaking news on SSN

Saints should save their money. There is no way the red card will be recinded.If Loony didn`t think O`Conners was a dive then he will not see this as a dive. All the pundits thought that was a dive just as they did this one so no chance.

Was watching it in the background on the tv while working, but gave up after the penalty.  Totally ridiculous refereeing as usual when playing the OF.  

But, despite having a good feeling about last night and playing well, no team in the league are expected to pick up points against Septic, so we have to move on.  6 points out of 6 away from home will be a brilliant start for us, so it's all about Saturday now.

Seen wee glimpses of a player in Caddis last night. Impressed. Surprised he was subbed?

thought he struggled especially at the start - gave the ball away a lot which didn't help, not sure with all midfielders available he should get in the team

thought he struggled especially at the start - gave the ball away a lot which didn't help, not sure with all midfielders available he should get in the team

He doesnt look comfortable in his own half sometimes.

I recon he would still be best suited to out wide where he often used to play. 

I guess, when it comes down to it, we gave a pretty good account of ourselves and, but for a couple of poor moments on our and the officials behalf, we could have ended up better off

Take that into the Hamilton game and we should be okay, although their result last night surprised me and they will be well up for the game on Saturday

I guess, when it comes down to it, we gave a pretty good account of ourselves and, but for a couple of poor moments on our and the officials behalf, we could have ended up better off

Take that into the Hamilton game and we should be okay, although their result last night surprised me and they will be well up for the game on Saturday

Couldn't agree more...

Very positive performance and it looks like Tommy has brushed that game away...

Would we have taken 3 points for the first two games ...yeah i think we'd all be satisfied with our tally after 2 games

Surprisied Ghostie no been on.

I was not at the game and only got home at half past midnight.   Was up for work at 4.30am so  not had time. I have  now watched the highlights.  The penalty decision is a disgrace. I have just emailed Vincent Lunney to complain about the simulation and ask for it to be reviewed. As for the ref, what's the point in ranting. Nearly every one of them is fuquen hopeless.

Compliance.Officer@scottishfa.co.uk

I was not at the game and only got home at half past midnight. Was up for work at 4.30am so not had time. I have now watched the highlights. The penalty decision is a disgrace. I have just emailed Vincent Lunney to complain about the simulation and ask for it to be reviewed. As for the ref, what's the point in ranting. Nearly every one of them is fuquen hopeless.

Compliance.Officer@scottishfa.co.uk

I think I might just do the same. What is the point of having a compliance officer if one club doesn't comply or even need to? Edited by Saintdunc

Very proud of how our Tommy handled the referee cheating thing. 

Dignity, nae hysterics, just said what needs to be said. Onwards to the appeal.

No matter what the bigots do, no matter what they say, no matter how much they cheat, we are the Saints, and they are the bigot bastards.

Saint Johnstone FC forever. 

I didn't think the ref was that bad. Their dive looked a pen to me when watching, I blame the player more than the ref.

Obviously Mackay's was a stonewaller, but that's the only real thing I'd pick him up on.

Thought we played very well, with my only concern being that MacLean again looked isolated up front. Too many times he'd win the ball but have no one to play it to.