St Johnstone V Celtic

RandomGuy

I'm concerned about Lee Croft, he will be one of our higher earners yet has shown virtually nothing since his return in January. Personally wouldn have kept him on this season.

Hmm, not sure I agree about that. He seems to have got much fitter again and puts a real shift in down the wings. And he covers a lot of ground. I could have sworn he passed to himself tonight because he started a move from the left and was there wide on the right to receive it.

Not complaining about the result but about the manner of the outcome.

Ando gets caught in possession, when a pass back to Mannus was the option and we are one down

Up the other end we were denied a penalty by the ref. (who I think was John Beaton) who was shite from the start.

Then rewards Septic a penalty

Back to normality, having been spoiled by half decent European referees we get a flavour of the season ahead with that completely incompetent fu@@z£r at the helm. From the start you could see he was itching to give Celtic everything. Really frustrating to give away such a cheap goal when we seemed to have weathered the storm. Never seen the usually cool wetherspoon so riled by the refs failure to give a penalty and then the double blow of penalty and red card. Surely we can get the red card ricinded. On the plus side a decent performance from a very makeshift team. Midge was immense in midfield and I can't wait to see Murray Davidson back in beside him. McDonald was ok tonight but we needed a bit more steel that Davidson offers. Like others are saying that's them out of the way, onwards and upwards!

Not complaining about the result but about the manner of the outcome.

Ando gets caught in possession, when a pass back to Mannus was the option and we are one down

Up the other end we were denied a penalty by the ref. (who I think was John Beaton) who was shite from the start.

Then rewards Septic a penalty

That's exactly the problem....Ando got caught in possession from a back pass / across field pass from Easton...instead of support to allow a forward pass...Easton passed inside to Ando immediately putting him under pressure. Anderson did not control the ball, but even if he had and passed to Mannus...it was only going to be launched upfield with every chance we would'nt retain the ball. Ref called their penalty right as there was contact by Mackay on Boerrigter albeit minimal and Mackay was deemed to be last man having denied a goal scoring chance the ref had to send him off (straight red). My argument against the officials tonight regards the fact that he denied Mackay a penalty when he was caught by Van Dyke's trailing leg....once again no consistency in refereeing (pretty much what we will expect to have to take again this season) poor stuff from officials!

Where to start? Celtic created absolutely nothing for 50 minutes, they had most of the ball but we were by far the most dangerous. First goal - bad pass by Easton puts Ando under pressure. Ando has to deal with it better though and he is the one who needs to take the blame for it, he will know that, it happens. We then should have had a penalty, blatantly obvious by the reactions of the players that it was a penalty and looked like one at the time anyway. Then THAT decision. Absolutely horrendous and makes you think what is the ****ing point of playing these bigots? Absolute joke. Mannus made a mistake, bla ****ing bla, who cares, games gone because of a shocking referring display by then anyway.

They had a free Gaza & another banner in the North stand.

Is it not against the ruled to have political banners & can they not have poits removed or is that just in European competitions.

By the way I hope they are chucked out of champions league tomorrow.

I know it will effect our co-efficient but what the ****.

I'm pleased with the way Saints played tonight, despite a couple of disappointing individual errors. I feel we would have taken something from the game (and maybe gone on to win it) if the referee had been at least 20% competent. I am absolutely fuming, to tell the truth. Disgusting display from the officials to help out a lacklustre Celtic side. They were shite and a section of their supporters let them down as usual.

We struggled in the opening 25 minutes or so, clearly expecting a better side than the one we were facing. We had ten men behind the ball and MacLean could only ever link up with players who were behind him. When we finally realised that Celtic are awful, we began to dominate proceedings. We upped the gears even more in the second-half and should really have taken the lead before Anderson's calamitous error. Anyway, we should have got back into the game through a stonewall penalty. There's no point in discussing Celtic's penalty. It has all been said already.

Chris Millar was outstanding. I would have liked to see a straightforward 4-4-2 formation as the game wore on. Morgan looked a useful player and I'd consider starting him against Hamilton.

On the new guy, Morgan, we'll know more when the rest of the team figure out he's one of ours. Several occasions when he was gesturing in a good position but didn't get the ball. Guess the guys were still looking where Stevie would be. It'll be interesting to see how Adam settles in

Funny game that.

Felt we did alright in spells.

Was too far away from our penalty shout to say either way but was in line with their one and looked a total disgraceful dive. I've now seen a replay and mind hasn't changed.

Their first goal obviously came from an Ando cock up but I'd like to see again cause there's a chance there is a foul by Commons and also that Stokes looked offside.

The less said about the third the better but if Mannus is going to make such a shitey mistake I'd rather it came when we were two down with ten men in the final couple of minutes.

Was disappointed Brown was left out after his brilliant showing in Dingwall.

They had a free Gaza & another banner in the North stand.

Is it not against the ruled to have political banners & can they not have poits removed or is that just in European competitions.

By the way I hope they are chucked out of champions league tomorrow.

I know it will effect our co-efficient but what the ****.

I asked a steward about the Gaza banners and their Palestinian flag and the response I got was:

"Not my stand so not my f****** problem, I don't give a s***."

Funny game that.

Felt we did alright in spells.

Was too far away from our penalty shout to say either way but was in line with their one and looked a total disgraceful dive. I've now seen a replay and mind hasn't changed.

Their first goal obviously came from an Ando cock up but I'd like to see again cause there's a chance there is a foul by Commons and also that Stokes looked offside.

The less said about the third the better but if Mannus is going to make such a shitey mistake I'd rather it came when we were two down with ten men in the final couple of minutes.

Was disappointed Brown was left out after his brilliant showing in Dingwall.

I think i know whatTommy Wright is doing with Caddis and Brown by rotating them in games to keep them both involved and happy but i think he got it wrong by not playing Brown tonight.Caddis was coming into the game though and i was a bit baffled he was subbed at HT.I thought Croft did  but i dont understand why he stuck Morgan on the left instead of up front with Macca should have went  3 at the back when we went down to 10 To sum up i think Tommy got it wrong tonight but hey ho!!.On wards and upwards though!

Edited by THE LARK SAINT