Just An Idea

saintgscot

Had an idea thee seams to be a bit of reaction to the way things are happening and the lack of communication from the club to the fans. Is there any way of there maybe a fan committee or a go between from here that can have weekly, fortnightly, or monthly meetings with the likes of Steve Brown or Roddy to answer questions or concerns from fans.

Ssssshhhhhhh! It happens already.

But nobody knows what goes on. Its easier to get in the Iluminati.

Everyone knew what went on when I was on it because I came on here and told everyone unless I was told it was not for public consumption at that point ( which was almost never the case).

Our esteemed forum boss Mr Jamie Beatson is now part of the process and I am sure if there is (a) any  information they want to get out to the fans, he will  get it to us and (B) if there are any sensible and relative questions you want asking, pm him and I am sure he will put them to the club on your behalf.

You can of course always mail the club ( although a few people have said that they did this with no response) Some have though had  replies from saints.

Yes, as Ghostie says this does exist. And as he says if there are things to be brought up then PM me.

The club so generally understand people's feelings but there are always things that can be discussed at the meetings.

From the last meeting there wasn't a great deal that came out of it of interest other than to say that ST sales are up around 25% as of two weeks ago, and that David Goodwillie was never an actual signing target - he was simple given training facilities at the club as many players are. There was also lengthy discussion re: the way the club communicates with the fans and some planning for future events (which is part of the remit of the group-helping to organise stuff like POTY night etc).

I don't think it's fair to publish a blow by blow account of who said what about what from each meeting but I'm happy to provide an overview of the topics/outcomes!

Yes, as Ghostie says this does exist. And as he says if there are things to be brought up then PM me.

The club so generally understand people's feelings but there are always things that can be discussed at the meetings.

From the last meeting there wasn't a great deal that came out of it of interest other than to say that ST sales are up around 25% as of two weeks ago, and that David Goodwillie was never an actual signing target - he was simple given training facilities at the club as many players are. There was also lengthy discussion re: the way the club communicates with the fans and some planning for future events (which is part of the remit of the group-helping to organise stuff like POTY night etc).

I don't think it's fair to publish a blow by blow account of who said what about what from each meeting but I'm happy to provide an overview of the topics/outcomes!

An overview would be really welcome and appreciated.

A lot of people who seem to be complaining on here is about the club not communicating with fans and you pointed out that there was lengthy discussions at last meeting bout it that probably what a lot of people wanted to hear.

With about 30 seconds effort im sure we can find a video of TW stating the very opposite to that.

With about 30 seconds effort im sure we can find a video of TW stating the very opposite to that.

That's what I thought, and I haven't actually done the research, but the club board rep at last meeting was adamant that TW had only ever expressed an admiration for the player and that he would be the kind of player we'd like to add, but had never outright stated he had brought him in to train as a trial with a view to signing.

Trial being the operative word for Goodwillie I suppose.

Wee snippets from the fans v club meeting would be great. Even the note on 25% ticket sales was interesting. Have I missed this on the official page?

One rumour I heard was contract was offered to goodwillie but £100/wk less than his asking wage and Saints wouldn't break wage structure (rightly so)... obviously the rumour was total manure by all accounts but in recent days a friend said wish we had signed him paying this extra, knowing May has departed. Wonder whether the club would sign him knowing what we know on May moving to play relegation football in middle England. Anyway back to the post point.... aye wee updates would be grand

how does the secret what ever the number work

do fans apply to the club

does the club just appoint who they want on it

anyone on here know all the names of the secret ones (apart from the secret ones)

does our manager get to attend these meetings

who from the club attends

just curious

how does the secret what ever the number work

do fans apply to the club

does the club just appoint who they want on it

anyone on here know all the names of the secret ones (apart from the secret ones)

does our manager get to attend these meetings

who from the club attends

just curious

I would vote for you as well.

Oh wait ye don't get a vote .sorry.

It's good that something like this exists, but I guess that it just seems a bit odd that there's no real transparency, and that it all seems to be very hush hush and secretive - hence the nickname I guess.

If there's a group out there representing the fans' voice directly to the club, then surely it would make sense for the fans to know a bit more about it? Who the people are, how they are selected/appointed etc etc. It can hardly be a very representative fans group if only the members and their pals know much about it.

It's good that something like this exists, but I guess that it just seems a bit odd that there's no real transparency, and that it all seems to be very hush hush and secretive - hence the nickname I guess.

If there's a group out there representing the fans' voice directly to the club, then surely it would make sense for the fans to know a bit more about it? Who the people are, how they are selected/appointed etc etc. It can hardly be a very representative fans group if only the members and their pals know much about it.

exactly this!

But will every fan group get representation on this new fans panel?

The saints fans with faith in the board (who trust the board to make the right appointments); ByeByeDundee (who doesn't); the Gary McDonald anti-fan club (who are raging that he's some how been appointed to the fan panel); The Young Team (who'll only take part if they can "borrow a drum" from a board member); the saints minor spelling error collective (who'll meet at McDiarmid with fans favourite Kris Miller); the slightly racists saints (who'll be meeting in the 70s); the saints for wreckless spending (who'll meet at Gleneagles); the FM enthusiasts (who'll not meet just have a LAN party); and of course the PC brigade (who'll be told off for tutting at the racists).

Did I miss anyone?

Edited by gingermunkie

But will every fan group get representation on this new fans panel?

The saints fans with faith in the board (who trust the board to make the right appointments); ByeByeDundee (who doesn't); the Gary McDonald anti-fan club (who are raging that he's some how been appointed to the fan panel); The Young Team (who'll only take part if they can "borrow a drum" from a board member); the saints minor spelling error collective (who'll meet at McDiarmid with fans favourite Kris Miller); the slightly racists saints (who'll be meeting in the 70s); the saints for wreckless spending (who'll meet at Gleneagles); the FM enthusiasts (who'll not meet just have a LAN party); and of course the PC brigade (who'll be told off for tutting at the racists).

Did I miss anyone?

Not sure what your point is here?