David Wotherspoon

Pelosi

I was sitting near Spoony at the York City game and he was saying that he would love to play through the middle.

He does, and I remember TW saying when he signed that he wanted to play him through the middle. If we could get players running in behind the defence then he'd set up a ridiculous amount of chances, our rather static laboured forward play negates him though.

• 4 weeks later...

Took time out to visit his old secondary school in Perth this afternoon after he finished training.

Around 80 kids were playing small sided games and Spoony joined in and made sure he spoke to all the kids involved.

He also took part in an open question and answer session with the kids which was brilliant. He then took time to make sure all the kids got all the autographs and pictures that they wanted.

Top guy, a great ambassador for Saints!

Thanks Spoony.

Great to see that David Wotherspoon took time out to visit his old school yesterday!...remember he's only 24 and has played at U18, U19 and U21 for his country and can now add Scottish Cup Winner to his CV..hopefully this season will see him show some consistency, improve and cement his place in the team with an added bonus of some more goals to add to his healthy amount of assists!

Would prefer to see him in a more central role.  He's not the answer out wide.

Looks very much like a confidence player.

His career looks like it's gonna be a bit patchy; from brilliance to bench warming on a regular basis, unless he finds a decent headshrink to convince him that he's got what it takes.

There's a player in there, no doubt about it.

Poor today as were all his teammates....needs a confidence boosting result and performance in the coming weeks otherwise he'll be dropped much like Nigel in recent seasons, but perhaps it's down to the rest to perform along with him for us to see him better or at his best!

Spoony is Saints through and through and is a decent laddie but the fact is that that counts for nothing at this time. He has been pretty much poor all season . Today he was much worse than simple pish. He was the worst of a pretty  awful bunch.. This might seem harsh, even nasty, but it is not meant that way. It happens sometimes.  He needs a  rest and time to refocus.. Get him in the reserves for a week or two..

I wonder if he has a virus or was unwell.

Even when he doesn't get the ball and isn't playing well he usually still tracks back and helps put a shift in, like he did in the Europa League games.

It' looked like maybe the temperatures yesterday might have effected him as it was unusually warm.

It may help dropping him for a week or so to concentrate on training and recovery then come back a stronger player.

On his day he can rip any defense apart.

Despite what FIFA 14 says ..... he is not a RM he is a CM that's where he is most comfortable and most confident.

Yet we play Garry MacD in the middle?

We leave Croft on the bench?

We play one striker against Dundee (at home)?

In Tommy we trust but throw us a bone big man, play an attacking formation at home at least.

Don't think one player played well yesterday.

All of the above is MHO.

He was playing very deep yesterday and not getting down the line enough. I'd have had him off for Croft early on.

I sit near the dugout, you are quite correct. I constantly heard TW and CD shouting at Wotherspoon and O'Halloran to get back and defend. I believe both became so concerned on defending that they were reluctant to make forward runs to support Graham