Saints Development League Thread

lethamsaintee

I thought that everything at saints was wonderful since the return of the messiah AS. Things have went downhill since TC was replaced if TC had been given the financial backing that the one who thought Hibs was a better option has been given how many Stevie Mays  Liam Caddis or Chris Kanes would we have seen. change is not always for the better

To be fair this is a long term project and its more for a few years down the line than the crop coming through at the moment. TW & SB were pointing out the other day that we have more than half a dozen young lads who are part of the scotland set up for their age group. So there is improvement, just at the lower age groups that we don't see. 

The clubs don't want the reserve league and the under 19s brought back as costing to much money to have both.

In the winter there just ends up a backlog of reserve games if the weather gets bad as well.

Edit. Meant to quote the person who said to back to the old way.

Edited by PerthSeany

I thought that everything at saints was wonderful since the return of the messiah AS. Things have went downhill since TC was replaced if TC had been given the financial backing that the one who thought Hibs was a better option has been given how many Stevie Mays  Liam Caddis or Chris Kanes would we have seen. change is not always for the better

o.k. spit it out, what has AS done to upset you, did he not keep you/your son on?

• 2 weeks later...

Faddy instrumental in the build up to the Saints goal with a sliderule pass, before a cutback laid it on a plate for Morgan.

With a little more care on the break, a few chances from similar cutbacks could have resulted in goals, prior to the opening goal.

It was all sheep in the second period.

Thought the saints lad on the wing (no 11) looked pretty decent, with a lot of pace...just never got the chance to use it that much. Defence looked ok too in the first half, second half different story. That was the first I've seen Adam Morgan from the start and well, the lad has a lot to learn. While he took his goal well, he was pretty shocking in all other parts of his game, only came alive when he looked like he might have a chance at goal. I can understand why he's not had a chance at Yeovil based on that. Hopefully it was just a bad night.

McFadden looked ok, with a couple of touches showing his class on another night might have scored.

The sheep weren't bad in the second half. Low was running the midfield and getting the better of Brown & co. The lad they have on loan from Hull (at least I think that's where he's from) was pretty shocking though.