Saints Development League Thread

lethamsaintee

the game is actually on Thursday at 1pm at Station Park.

to be fair to the club did they actually advertise it was on tonight.

Motherwell were in the semi final of the youth cup yesterday beating Ross county 3 0

It is STILL on the OS as being at 1pm Monday 7th March.

While you have given the reason for the game not going ahead today, I fail to see what's fair about the club advertising it for today, when they must have known Motherwell were in action yesterday!

A simple message "game rescheduled to Thursday" would have sufficed.

Had it not been for another reason, I could have had a wasted journey to Forfar today.

But glad you appear to be happy with the club's handling of keeping the fans informed.

Now now hoodlum you watch and not strangle yourself getting these knickers in a twist. :-)

Inever saw it on the club site i just saw it here. Since your post I looked and see it is down for today which is a shame and should have been changed.

I did find it strange that despit what was originally on here the twitter account had no notice of a match taking place today that was why I checked the spfl site and it has been changed there.

Now now hoodlum you watch and not strangle yourself getting these knickers in a twist. :-)

Inever saw it on the club site i just saw it here. Since your post I looked and see it is down for today which is a shame and should have been changed.

I did find it strange that despit what was originally on here the twitter account had no notice of a match taking place today that was why I checked the spfl site and it has been changed there.

Ha ha. Fair doos.

It's long johns in a twist when you get to my age.:wink:

It's too many years to remember when knickers were the cause of me being strangled.

Edited by HOODLUM65

goals from Page, Easton and Thomson

St Johnstone U20s: McKenzie, Doyle, Easton, McCawl, Krachunov, Gordon, Thomson, Brown, Esslemont, Hurst, Simpson

Does Thomson qualify as under 20 ?.

Anyon know how Doyle played as we might need him next week with Fisher banned.

Where is our u 20 Reporter when you need him

In the fourth minute, a flick on by a 'Well player reached a team mate (who appeared to have strayed offside) but was allowed to continue. From a tight angle he smacked a shot off McKenzie right hand post before being cleared by the defence.

In the 13th minute Greg Hurst was well placed in the middle of the box to meet a right wing cross with his head. When it looked like he would score he glanced the ball wide, when a firmer contact may have resulted in a goal.

Play was evenly contested till the 37th when neat passing from just inside their own half found Turnbull outside the Saints box.     He wasted no time in arrowing a great shot high into the net past the keeper's despairing right hand. 1-0 to 'Well which remained the score to halftime.

'Well kicked off the second half but we're pinned back after a few minutes, as a trip gave Saints a free kick just outside the box in a central position. Up stepped Easton to delicately curl a sweet left foot kick over the defensive wall and past the helpless keeper into the net. Game on.

Before 10 minutes of the second half elapsed, Saints got their noses in front when Craig Thomson fired a fierce shot into the goal, as 'Well failed to get the ball clear.

With their tails up and the half progressing, Saints were in firm control of proceedings, with the odd 'Well foray upfield being snuffed out by a resolute Saints rearguard.

After 70 minutes Easton was replaced by Page and Esselmont by Jardine. The changes did not halt the slick one touch passing that was on show in the second half and it came as no surprise that Saints increased their lead in the 75th minute.

A corner was conceded on the Saints left by the hard pressed 'Well defence. A high hard hit cross came into the box which eluded the ariel Krachunov, but was powered home first time by the player behind him, Page.

3 goals in the second half was no more than the team deserved and was fully merited.

In the fourth minute, a flick on by a 'Well player reached a team mate (who appeared to have strayed offside) but was allowed to continue. From a tight angle he smacked a shot off McKenzie right hand post before being cleared by the defence.

In the 13th minute Greg Hurst was well placed in the middle of the box to meet a right wing cross with his head. When it looked like he would score he glanced the ball wide, when a firmer contact may have resulted in a goal.

Play was evenly contested till the 37th when neat passing from just inside their own half found Turnbull outside the Saints box.     He wasted no time in arrowing a great shot high into the net past the keeper's despairing right hand. 1-0 to 'Well which remained the score to halftime.

'Well kicked off the second half but we're pinned back after a few minutes, as a trip gave Saints a free kick just outside the box in a central position. Up stepped Easton to delicately curl a sweet left foot kick over the defensive wall and past the helpless keeper into the net. Game on.

Before 10 minutes of the second half elapsed, Saints got their noses in front when Craig Thomson fired a fierce shot into the goal, as 'Well failed to get the ball clear.

With their tails up and the half progressing, Saints were in firm control of proceedings, with the odd 'Well foray upfield being snuffed out by a resolute Saints rearguard.

After 70 minutes Easton was replaced by Page and Esselmont by Jardine. The changes did not halt the slick one touch passing that was on show in the second half and it came as no surprise that Saints increased their lead in the 75th minute.

A corner was conceded on the Saints left by the hard pressed 'Well defence. A high hard hit cross came into the box which eluded the ariel Krachunov, but was powered home first time by the player behind him, Page.

3 goals in the second half was no more than the team deserved and was fully merited.

Bit late but thank you

Were you there hoodlum or just copied a load of posts form the Motherwell twitter :laugh:

Sure was buddy. Ask Tommy and the goalie coach, who were sitting in front of me in the public seats first half and returned in the second half to sit in the small Director's box.

Tommy left before the third went in.

That new right back is a solid chap. Kept the winger very quiet and dispossessed him frequently.

P. S. Had a Forfar bridie fae Saddlers before the game.

It was braw, an ingin yin inaw.

Edited by HOODLUM65
In response to Mainstand post.

Were you there hoodlum or just copied a load of posts form the Motherwell twitter :laugh:

Sorry I could not describe it other than how it happened, you would accuse me of making it up if the action was different from the Motherwell twitter or the video above:wink:.

If you view the video, Tommy is seated to the right of the blue seats, with the goalie coach complete with beanie hat to Tommy's right, in the first half and both are in the blue seated Director's box in the second half.

Thursday 17th? or Tuesday 15th?

Where in St Andrews, thought games had to be at a SPFL ground?

Sorry just noticed my error.:oops:

Game was today at Uni sports ground..

Dundee United 2 Saints 0.

After a bright start Saints fell behind in the 20th minute, when a long ball from defence found United's No.10 to the right of the goal. When he cut it back and played it across goal, defenders had about 3 attempts to clear, before it broke at the left of the goal to United's No.7 who had the easy task of netting.

2 mins.later Saints are 2-nil down.

Another long thru' ball was controlled by United's No. 10 who outpaced the defence, before he found the corner of the net, despite the keepers best effort, getting a touch with his left glove.

United were now rampant and should have gone 3 nil up, when No.7 cut in from the left and shaped up to curl a shot into the far side, however he missed the target by scooping the ball over the crossbar with his right boot.

United had been knocking the ball about at the back quite comfortly, yet it was the long ball which was causing most problems. 

Another United attack saw the forward steer the ball past the onrushing keeper and as it trickled towards the net, a defender got back to make the clearance.

Before half time the Arabs No.9 thought he was about to score as he raced into the box. A tackle from behind had him rolling in a heap. The Lady Ref. Ruled otherwise. 

Half time 2-0

The half opened with No12 replacing No.9 (who I think was Hunter).

10 minutes into 2nd half United got their first yellow card, for a challenge on a Saints player.

Saints had the territorial advantage without troubling the opposition keeper.

United were conceding free kicks with regularity and it came as no surprise when they got a second yellow card for persistent fouling. The nearest Saints came to scoring was a Scott Brown thunderbolt which took a deflection for a corner which came to nothing and a free kick by Saints No3 whose direct free kick skimmed the top of the bar, with the keeper appearing to have it covered.

Each United foray into Saints territory carried a threat and it would have been a lot worse but for the keeper making a few important blocks and United's wasteful finishing.

The watching Mixu must have been impressed with his youngsters performances.

A bad day for the Saints guys who can do better.