Hamiton V St Johnstone

RandomGuy

For me playing against the likes of Hamilton, we have to go two up front. So Morgan should get a start and lets see what he can do.

From last night you would expect Wotherspoon to be back in and that will probably mean O'Halloran or Croft drop out....I suspect it will be Croft. Brown will be back instead of Caddis and I'd like to see Morgan in instead of McDonald, but that will never happen.

The 4-5-1 is working well, no need to change it.

Mannus

Mackay Ando Scobbie Easton

Brown Millar

Spoony Macdonald O'Halloran

Macca

Thought Caddis played well last night, but Brown looks a cut above and deserves his place back. Not really fussed which two start out of O'Halloran, Spoony and FBLC as all three will have good days and bad days. Three points and a braw day out. COYS.

Wrong decision by Tommy taking Liam off but maybe im biased.

Played properly the 4-5-1 can be just as offensive as a 4-4-2. I don't understand the clamour for 2 up front against the lesser lights, if you don't win the midfield battle you aren't going to create chances.

It is more the way that we get the ball to MacLean, recently it hasn't been a close pass to him so he is all alone and very restricted with what he can do. For me that is where the need for two up top comes from. If we play a 451 with short passes into MacLean then we are far more effective.

It is more the way that we get the ball to MacLean, recently it hasn't been a close pass to him so he is all alone and very restricted with what he can do. For me that is where the need for two up top comes from. If we play a 451 with short passes into MacLean then we are far more effective.

Maybe Wright will change it with Mclean just behind Morgan or vice versa. Similar to the May partnership.

I think it's time people removed the 'Caddis tinted glasses' here he was woeful last night, far too timid in everything he does, he simply does not have the required confidence to be a player at this level.  On the few occasions he had the ball at feet last night, all too often he was caught in posession or produced a poor pass, one time he broke into the box he didn't have a clue what he was going to do with the ball, in the end the move broke down.  Time and time again this happens.

In my opinion, and as harsh as it may be, he is not good enough and wont ever be deemed good enough to have a future with Saints in the SPL.   Championship level player at best unfortunately.

Edited by Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II

Played properly the 4-5-1 can be just as offensive as a 4-4-2. I don't understand the clamour for 2 up front against the lesser lights, if you don't win the midfield battle you aren't going to create chances.

We have to get someone closer to McLean though. I think TW tries that Caddis & Spoony played in the hole last night but they are not suited to it. I think Spoonys best position is wide left. Maybe O`Halloran in the hole behind Macca would be best as I don`t like him on left as he is not great at tracking back.On the other hand maybe Morgan in the hole.

I think it's time people removed the 'Caddis tinted glasses' here he was woeful last night, far too timid in everything he does, he simply does not have the required confidence to be a player at this level.  On the few occasions he had the ball at feet last night, all too often he was caught in posession or produced a poor pass, one time he broke into the box he didn't have a clue what he was going to do with the ball, in the end the move broke down.  Time and time again this happens.

In my opinion, and as harsh as it may be, he is not good enough and wont ever be deemed good enough to have a future with Saints in the SPL.   Championship level player at best unfortunately.

Poor first 20mins but I thought be did well for the rest of the half.

Good job Tommy has more sense than you.

Good job Tommy has more sense than you.

We will revisit this comment in a few months time when either Caddis has once again been loaned out to a championship club or spends the majority of his time in the stand.  I've got nothing personal against the lad, he works hard, he tries his best, but for me he just isn't quite up to the required standard.

What is his best position?  is he a winger?  (he can't cross, he rarely beats a man, isn't blessed with blistering pace) is he a centre midfielder? (his passing isn't great, his decision making is weak, he is not a great tackler).  I just can't see where he fits into the team on a consistent basis. 

We will revisit this comment in a few months time when either Caddis has once again been loaned out to a championship club or spends the majority of his time in the stand.  I've got nothing personal against the lad, he works hard, he tries his best, but for me he just isn't quite up to the required standard.

What is his best position?  is he a winger?  (he can't cross, he rarely beats a man, isn't blessed with blistering pace) is he a centre midfielder? (his passing isn't great, his decision making is weak, he is not a great tackler).  I just can't see where he fits into the team on a consistent basis. 

Thats your opinion , will wait 2/3 months as you say , I am confident Tommy will keep playing him.

Thats your opinion , will wait 2/3 months as you say , I am confident Tommy will keep playing him.

Answer me this, is he a better option across the midfield than any of the current Squad?

Miller, MacDonald, Spoony, Croft, O'Halloran, Brown, Davidson

If all these guys are fit, do you see Caddis starting ahead of them?    and I will pre-empt the point you will probably make about him starting last night, but that was purely down to circumstances as Tommy deemed it necessary to give Spoony and Brown a rest.

I think Caddis is the weakest midfield option when everyone is available, but I wouldn't write him off yet. He's definitely got his uses. If anything does hold him back, it's the fact that he doesn't really have a position. We've seen him at right back, right wing, central midfield, playing just in behind the striker...bearing in mind he's probably only played around 10 matches, that's a lot of moving around. He actually reminds me a bit of Ryan Stevenson whilst he was here. He looks like a footballer, we just can't quite pin down where to play him.

I thought caddis was awful for first 20 mins he gave the ball away countless times on the edge of our box but I thought he grew into the game and I was surprised he was taken off. Also was o'halloran injured? If not can't believe TW took him off. There was a few boos I heard about that decision

Unsure about O'Halloran, I think he may have taken a knock.  He came into the Muirton after the game and did appear to be slightly limping so i'd imagine it was a pre-cautionary move to take him off.

I'd start like this (in the circumstance of Mackay being unavailable) -

Mannus

Miller - Anderson - Wright - Easton

Wotherspoon - Brown - Millar - O'Halloran

MacLean

Morgan

Yes back to 442.....

I'd start like this (in the circumstance of Mackay being unavailable) -

Mannus

Miller - Anderson - Wright - Easton

Wotherspoon - Brown - Millar - O'Halloran

MacLean

Morgan

Agree on this, just wonder where muzz fits in....ahead of Brown when fully fit?? Thought Morgan looked pretty good on his debut