Saints V Aberdeen 23/8/14. K-O 3Pm.

McInnes must have been watching wee Midge today thinking we were back in 2008 when he waxed lyrical about the wee man. If Midge had played like that every week since he came here he would be down south on mega bucks. One of those players that Del and Wright have said they can believe nobody has ever come in to snap him up. A full season of those performances please Midge.

Sky Sports have just shown that Saints have signed Steven Naismith...with a commentary of todays game against Aberdeen they somehow managed to show Naismith's goal against Arsenal...unfortunately for Everton Naismith could'nt lace MacLean's boots! :laugh: Hopefully we'll get to see the correct highlights later..! 

McInnes must have been watching wee Midge today thinking we were back in 2008 when he waxed lyrical about the wee man. If Midge had played like that every week since he came here he would be down south on mega bucks. One of those players that Del and Wright have said they can believe nobody has ever come in to snap him up. A full season of those performances please Midge.

Asking a bit much. No one can keep up that intensity

Thought Croft had a good 1st half . I think Tommy wants his wide men to protect his full backs & that is what Croft does. Final ball could be better & the players did have a go for not covering Consadine.O`Halloran does trouble defences when he runs at them but the head is down & doesn`t see a pass. He was also the freshest man on the park but he didn`t close down or track back. Croft before him anytime. Mikey is this seasons Nige, can help turn a game but not a team player.

Again a game of opinions. I thought Croft was our best midfield player in the first half. However I disagree with your statements about O'Hallorans lack of tracking back when he palys wide; numerous times this season he has chased and made good tackles and also shut down fullbacks.Last season Logan did not make runs forward because he was fearful of O'Hallorans pace. He only played 10 mis wide before we went 4411 with him playeing behind  McLean and TW shouting for him to stay forward. His head was up for his assist toady. TW has a problem wide right Croft or O'Halloran as I see this as O'Hallorans best position and it is the only position Croft can play.

Great performance from the whole team. Thoroughly deserved to win that game.

Definitely we did.

Had Aberdeen sussed out immediately. They've got an alright middle of the park but little else and as long as you match them up numbers wise it shouldn't be a problem against them as we all know McInnes isn't great to changing the flow of the game once it's started.

I don't honestly see the fuss with Aberdeen.

An average keeper, a back four of complete cloggers.

As said they are ok in the middle but nothing special, as long as you don't give them room to work.

We got it spot on, played well as a team and had some excellent individual performances. With better finishing and decision making we might have won that by three or four.

Definitely we did.

Had Aberdeen sussed out immediately. They've got an alright middle of the park but little else and as long as you match them up numbers wise it shouldn't be a problem against them as we all know McInnes isn't great to changing the flow of the game once it's started.

I don't honestly see the fuss with Aberdeen.

An average keeper, a back four of complete cloggers.

As said they are ok in the middle but nothing special, as long as you don't give them room to work.

We got it spot on, played well as a team and had some excellent individual performances. With better finishing and decision making we might have won that by three or four.

Simplz !

Having seen the penalty shout against Considine (the second one, and better shout), it would've been harsh. His back is too the ball and he's no idea where the ball is, hands in a funny position but he's jumping so your hands spread anyway

Edited by RandomGuy

According to the BBC tv match report it was a stone wall penalty on Mackay when spoony vollyed across the 6 yard box and Dave was stretching to knock it in.

Didn't look like much to me, tbh. Highlights aren't the greatest but looks like Mackay traps his own foot, would be furious if it was given against us