Malky Mckay, Iain Moody

gingermunkie

Know a few of the dinosaurs on here will think this is all 'PC gone mad' but Malky Mackay and Iain Moody seem to have been exposed as disgusting human beings.

Excuse the mail link they're the ones with the story.

“@sportingintel: Extraordinary by @Matt_Lawton_DM

Mackay & Moody investigated over shocking text messages http://dailym.ai/1BDvNth http://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/502212715826667520/photo/1”

Everyone's had it for months - the FA, the LMA, the media. Cardiff advised the racists to report themselves to the FA, because otherwise they would, as they are obliged to under FA rules. The racists declined, on LMA advice. This is why Mackay withdrew his unfair dismissal law suit and apologised to Tan months ago. The Daily Mail then broke the story, obviously to spare the good folk of Crystal Palace from employing Nazis. Probably first and only time in my life I will praise the Daily Mail. There are not just two isolated texts - there's dozens of them, attacking women, Jewish folk, black folk, Korean folk etc etc. They're filth, and football is well rid of them.

Sometimes it's not "PC gone mad". Sometimes people do very bad things, and get punished.

How did the club have access to their text conversations, were they under investigation?

There's a criminal investigation in to the eight transfers carried out last summer as Cardiff felt that around £20mil had been "overspent"**. The board have hired lawyers/investigators and the texts came into their hands after they got a warrant to search moodiness office and access any files/information/correspondence relating to Cardiff, which includes the txt messages(and several others).

**need to be careful legally what's said but a quick google/search on twitter and I'm sure you'll find someone that'll say outright.

Here's a well thought out thread that will really get people expressing what they really think and will be open to free thinking debate

To be fair why do you think the opinion that what they've done is bad is more restrictive to debate than if someone had said "poor buggers getting caught out by the PC brigade".

I could have posted it with just the news story, although I'd of certainly made my opinion clear if someone else had posted it.

There should be no place in the modern world for this sort of bigotry, and those that have public positions be held just as accountable as everyone else.

If you or I were to be caught out saying some of the things they've said on work emails or about colleagues/employees etc quite rightly you'd be taken to an employment tribunal or through the courts for hate crimes etc.

The fact that Cardiff have found out after both men left the organisation is neither here nor there, they still should be a punishment and these men should rightly be vilified for their barbaric behaviour.

Apparently some of the transfer documentation is allegedly missing. I don't think it's a criminal investigation at this stage, but a high court judge did grant a search warrant to Tan's (civilian) investigators. It's seemingly gone quiet on the investigation, but the discovery of the text messages probably renders it moot anyway. Tan's a bit of a maverick himself (imagine if someone bought Saints and changed their name and shirt colour!!). He apparently spent £750,000 on lawyers and private investigators. Money well-spent, it turns out. Don't think this is the end of this sordid little saga just yet! 

• 2 months later...

Following on from the Ched Evans thing it's good to see sponsors (and others) walking away from clubs to make a stand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30137728

Interesting to see sponsors taking this action before the outcome of the investigation is announced, especially considering Wigan appear to have a clause in the contract to terminate if Malky is formally charged - link here

That being said, accepting not everything has gone public regarding the 'texting scandal', on the face of it I'm inclined to side with S4L. 

Pretty sure we'd find much worse things being said in the jokes topic of this forum than were likely said via text.

I wouldn't imagine racist/sexist/homophobic messages, potentially jokes can be deemed one and the same as genuinely holding those views.

Interesting to see sponsors taking this action before the outcome of the investigation is announced, especially considering Wigan appear to have a clause in the contract to terminate if Malky is formally charged - link here

That being said, accepting not everything has gone public regarding the 'texting scandal', on the face of it I'm inclined to side with S4L. 

Pretty sure we'd find much worse things being said in the jokes topic of this forum than were likely said via text.

I wouldn't imagine racist/sexist/homophobic messages, potentially jokes can be deemed one and the same as genuinely holding those views.

Abstract jokes would be one thing, but my understanding is that most of the txts were about colleagues/employees/superiors, which makes it work place harassment/abuse. Especially as they were using company property.

Having said that, I suspect that this company, will get much more publicity now than if they'd stayed on as sponsors at the club and this hadn't happened.

Edited by gingermunkie

Whelan now being accused of anti-semitism for saying Jews chase money.

Boy when the pc brigade get a bone they don`t let go.

Everyone is shit scared that they err on the side of the pc brigade.

The Aberdeen right back claims the Celtic winger made a racist remark to him although no one else heard it but they ban the Celtic winger.

Its getting out of hand.