Ross Cunningham - Media Officer

rik2304

I wasn't "moaning" about anything relating to the club's media output. I was disagreeing with your view that anyone who is ever dissatisfied with anything should volunteer to work for free to fix it.

Don't be stupid.

i had you down as one of the more brighter posters as well.

What do you suggest ?.

try the stjohnstone Facebook page.their Twitter line and the official site.buy the pa.

if that doesn't satisfy your needs then talk to the club,try blue heaven on here as well.

happy birthday joe shaughnessy by the way.

thanks for asking me for a suggestion.

Don't be stupid.

i had you down as one of the more brighter posters as well.

If only I was brighter I might be able to understand how someone of your vastly superior intelligence can't grasp the fact that football fans will use a football club forum to discuss their football club. And that it's not always practical in life to volunteer to fix absolutely everything that you don't think is perfect.

Guest ScottMann

Not arguing with you here but do you think it would lead to an increase in attendances or revenue? Engagement may be one thing but the club is always thinking of £.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't like how the government are doing things so I nipped down to Westminster to volunteer to do it but they said no.

Yes, I do think a proper marketer would certainly increase revenue and possibly attendances. The days of 'build it and they will come' are gone in Scottish football. Saints are up against it in many ways with Perth's advantage of being handy geographically to get to other places also being a disadvantage and of course we are now well into the Sky generation of supporters who would rather sit on their arses watching the sectarianism they are sold as well as 'the greatest league in the world'.

Saints do little to sell the club and the game to Perth and, importantly, Perthshire. They take the cheap option of volunteers that know how to use social media but not how to communicate. Money needs spent but not a fortune. If their chef left they wouldn't ask for supporters that could cook to come in and prepare meals in the restaurant for nothing. They'd hire a good quality chef. They need to realise the marketing function needs the same approach.

And I mean the marketing function, not just advertising and social media which are just elements of marketing. They need someone that knows when to use full stops in St Johnstone FC through to writing Steve Brown's material for him before he opens his gob again.

I doubt it'll ever happen though as the realisation there is a need for it has to exist and there lies the root of the problem.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't like how the government are doing things so I nipped down to Westminster to volunteer to do it but they said no.

Yes, I do think a proper marketer would certainly increase revenue and possibly attendances. The days of 'build it and they will come' are gone in Scottish football. Saints are up against it in many ways with Perth's advantage of being handy geographically to get to other places also being a disadvantage and of course we are now well into the Sky generation of supporters who would rather sit on their arses watching the sectarianism they are sold as well as 'the greatest league in the world'.

Saints do little to sell the club and the game to Perth and, importantly, Perthshire. They take the cheap option of volunteers that know how to use social media but not how to communicate. Money needs spent but not a fortune. If their chef left they wouldn't ask for supporters that could cook to come in and prepare meals in the restaurant for nothing. They'd hire a good quality chef. They need to realise the marketing function needs the same approach.

And I mean the marketing function, not just advertising and social media which are just elements of marketing. They need someone that knows when to use full stops in St Johnstone FC through to writing Steve Brown's material for him before he opens his gob again.

I doubt it'll ever happen though as the realisation there is a need for it has to exist and there lies the root of the problem.

If the chef left I'm sure Ghostie would be first to volunteer.

Afterall, he virtually lives in McDiarmid. :wink::laugh:

The bitchiness was a bit unnecessary, not sure if you took my question the wrong way?

There is far more that can be done and it was starting to look positive a few seasons ago with the appointment of Ross and the fans group meeting to air the views of supporters to those at the club. Both of those aspects seem to have fallen away. 

I wouldn't say Saints do little I think they have good ideas that they don't execute well enough. The Scottish cup was in plenty of schools, they have the best pricing scheme for kids in the country, they have tried numerous season ticket schemes such as bringing a friend for free.

I think addressing the moans on this thread would do little to attract much in the way of additional income for Saints.

Guest ScottMann

The bitchiness was a bit unnecessary, not sure if you took my question the wrong way?

There is far more that can be done and it was starting to look positive a few seasons ago with the appointment of Ross and the fans group meeting to air the views of supporters to those at the club. Both of those aspects seem to have fallen away. 

I wouldn't say Saints do little I think they have good ideas that they don't execute well enough. The Scottish cup was in plenty of schools, they have the best pricing scheme for kids in the country, they have tried numerous season ticket schemes such as bringing a friend for free.

I think addressing the moans on this thread would do little to attract much in the way of additional income for Saints.

There was no bitchiness intended so apologies if it came over that way. If it's the opening then that was just a response to the general call to volunteer if you disagreed with anything Saints did or didn't do.

We've had all the interviews with the new players so at a time when there's no football, can't see what there is to report.  Maybe try and get an interview with Mostivoi to see if he is definitely signing for us or why he didn't. Least we know if the undersoil heating goes on the blink the next time we have plenty folk to give up they're useless air.

Sun and Daily Record readers 

They still meet.  Nobody knows when, where or who is part of the group though.  No questions are allowed about this matter, I believe they just discuss "stuff".