Ross Cunningham - Media Officer

rik2304

Yeah its not difficult to engage with fans these days and the club should be doing a whole lot more. Chris Millars video's when we were in Europe were fantastic and i think a weekly vlog/snapchat sort of thing would go down well with the fans.

do you expect this all for free ?

Well why don't you volunteer for free.

Id imagine fans want footage of goings on backstage, training clips, player interviews, injury updates etc. nothing mental. As has been said before, the club should be doing more to reqch out to our small support and only those who are employed by Saints can do that.

Id imagine fans want footage of goings on backstage, training clips, player interviews, injury updates etc. nothing mental. As has been said before, the club should be doing more to reqch out to our small support and only those who are employed by Saints can do that.

I can agree with that so Why don't you volunteer then .no use moaning on here.

I can agree with that so Why don't you volunteer then .no use moaning on here.

Why should people work for nothing? Saints are a wealthy company with a significant turnover. People aren't asking the earth by expecting them to engage with their supporters (who are, after all, their customers).

Why should people work for nothing? Saints are a wealthy company with a significant turnover. People aren't asking the earth by expecting them to engage with their supporters (who are, after all, their customers).

If yer expectations are not being met then do something about it.

Do something about if yer not happy .

It's not my job to do anything about a professional football club's media output.

Incidentally, I haven't said I'm not happy. I just don't get all this "if you don't like it, do it yourself" stuff - I don't think it make any sense. If I'm not happy about the way a Saints player plays, I can't just volunteer to play myself instead.

It's not my job to do anything about a professional football club's media output.

Incidentally, I haven't said I'm not happy. I just don't get all this "if you don't like it, do it yourself" stuff - I don't think it make any sense. If I'm not happy about the way a Saints player plays, I can't just volunteer to play myself instead.

I think Ross made it clear last night that the club are dependent on a great number of volunteers to help with the media output. 

We all know saints don't have the financial capabilities to employ the number of staff that they probably require , but I wonder if the staff we do have are being spread too thinly. I wonder what other duties Ross has other than media relations.

I also don't know how many staff some other club's have working on this side of things but I suspect it is more than 1. Blue heaven do you know?

I think Ross made it clear last night that the club are dependent on a great number of volunteers to help with the media output. 

We all know saints don't have the financial capabilities to employ the number of staff that they probably require , but I wonder if the staff we do have are being spread too thinly. I wonder what other duties Ross has other than media relations.

I also don't know how many staff some other club's have working on this side of things but I suspect it is more than 1. Blue heaven do you know?

That's why Saints are in the Black and most others clubs are up there necks in debt.

However, The club website is a bag of spanners and does need a new look.

apart from a video of danny swanson doing keepy uppies at stirling saints have pretty much provided all your needs

Well why don't you volunteer for free.

I've offered to give my time and experiance up and nobody was interested

And lets be honest they could easily hire someone to do this - give them a phone/laptop and they can do all social media

Edited by saint_markperth

well what are you moaning about ? 

Guest ScottMann

Saints just need one proper marketing person to sort themselves out. Do their job properly and they'd soon pay for themselves. It's not that we can't afford to employ one...it's 2016 and we can't afford not to employ one.

Saints just need one proper marketing person to sort themselves out. Do their job properly and they'd soon pay for themselves. It's not that we can't afford to employ one...it's 2016 and we can't afford not to employ one.

Not arguing with you here but do you think it would lead to an increase in attendances or revenue? Engagement may be one thing but the club is always thinking of £.

Not arguing with you here but do you think it would lead to an increase in attendances or revenue? Engagement may be one thing but the club is always thinking of £.

Nowadays Marketing people have sales/conversion targets, when i am designing implimentations at the moment each marking campaign has a cost against it and a ROI % that it needs to meet