Ict V Celtic

candalan

Does anyone agree what a slap in the face to ICT that the tic put a reserve team out. Totally unprofessional, and should be against the rules of the SPFL. I thought all teams had to put out the strongest team available! Rules !!!!! Of course they don't apply to tic!

The right result though.

Does anyone agree what a slap in the face to ICT that the tic put a reserve team out. Totally unprofessional, and should be against the rules of the SPFL. I thought all teams had to put out the strongest team available! Rules !!!!! Of course they don't apply to tic!

The right result though.

Rules don`t apply to Celtic & if they did the powers at be would just change them.

The right result though.

A manager surely has the right to select a team from his squad of players as he sees fit.

Who decides when a manager doesn't field his strongest team available anyway?? If somebody at the SFA thought O'Hallaron should have started today instead of Spoony, do you suggest we would get fined??

According to our Stuart on "Off the Ball" Saints will get £104k if Celtic qualify for the Champions League proper so they can play who they like against ICT so far as I am concerned so long as they beat Maribor.  Anyway listening to John Shughes you would think ICT had just beaten Barcelona not a Celtic reserve side and even then they needed a scrappy own goal.

According to our Stuart on "Off the Ball" Saints will get £104k if Celtic qualify for the Champions League proper so they can play who they like against ICT so far as I am concerned so long as they beat Maribor.  Anyway listening to John Shughes you would think ICT had just beaten Barcelona not a Celtic reserve side and even then they needed a scrappy own goal.

Would take a scrappy og everytime against them girut

Not sure how it works for the SPFL, but the only time I ever remember the 'weakened team' rule being enforced was the English Premiership, and that was then revised (2011/12 I think).  I don't see how it was every right to be enforced in the first place. Shouldn't it be the managers discretion as the what team to field? 

Not sure how you can define a weekened team.  If all the players are part of a first team squad, then any can play at any time, irrespective of how large the first team sqaud is.  The accusations start flying when 9 or 10 non-regular players are selected, so the assumption is they must be weaker than the regulars.  I would be quite happy if Celtic fielded a team of ball boys.

And on a slightly different subject, the banning of a player for cheating (sorry, simulation) affects diddy clubs like Saints because they only have a small squad, whereas the Tic have a huge squad to replace him.  This is as good a reason as any to deduct points from teams as well as 2 match bans.