Motherwell V Saints. Sat 30Th Aug. 3Pm K-O.

To be fair(this really won't be a popular post but....) if anything May shot too much, I actually think that's what stopped bigger clubs going for him. Would love to see accurate stats on shots attempted to goals scored. He was overly confident at times and shot from anywhere.

This may have skewed people's expectation of when the team would/should shoot.

Edited by gingermunkie

To be fair(this really won't be a popular post but....) if anything May shot too much, I actually think that's what stopped bigger clubs going for him. Would love to see accurate stats on shots attempted to goals scored. He was overly confident at times and shot from anywhere.

This may have skewed people's expectation of when the team would/should shoot.

Nah. Maybe on a couple of occaisions, one being the cup final but how you can accuse a guy that has broken every scoring record at Saints in a season (and the first division record) of shooting too much is beyond me. Surely his record should prove that everyone else should be shooting more often?

If he hadn't been so cocky in front of goal he wouldn't be the same player.

I just watched his montage again on Youtube and it's left me feeling as miserable as I did when he left for the Steel City.

Nah. Maybe on a couple of occaisions, one being the cup final but how you can accuse a guy that has broken every scoring record at Saints in a season (and the first division record) of shooting too much is beyond me. Surely his record should prove that everyone else should be shooting more often?

If he hadn't been so cocky in front of goal he wouldn't be the same player.

I just watched his montage again on Youtube and it's left me feeling as miserable as I did when he left for the Steel City.

May was undoubtably a great player for saints. Not calling that into question.

My points were that:

At times he took the greedy selfish option. Which will have has an effect on the clubs that were interested in him.

And that this desire to shoot whenever he could has skewed what the fans deem as "normal", which to be fair, with what you said about team taking more shots has proved my point.

I still don't agree. For over 30 years i've watched Saints and if I'd had a pound for every time I've wished someone had been prepared to take a dig at goal and hadn't, i'd be a millionaire.

I agree that May tried on a few occaisions to win games on his own but if you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the raffle. Decision making is a thing that comes with age and experience. I dread to think how good May will be in 5 years. It hurts!!

I still don't agree. For over 30 years i've watched Saints and if I'd had a pound for every time I've wished someone had been prepared to take a dig at goal and hadn't, i'd be a millionaire.

I agree that May tried on a few occaisions to win games on his own but if you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the raffle. Decision making is a thing that comes with age and experience. I dread to think how good May will be in 5 years. It hurts!!

Totaly see where you're coming from but still think you're backing up my point. For years you've been frustrated by players not takin audacious shots...

Against the grain here but I was impressed with our performance yesterday. We lost our way for 20 in the second half but I thought we were always on top. Built a great platform and took the chance that fell our way. Great away performance! Chris Millar MOTM once again. Sensational.

Just seen the highlights ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbEnUIrE-hU ) some of our wing play looked great. MacDonald's chance looked really well worked as did the Millar Wortherspoon link up for Millar's shot. Said it before and I'll say it again, I'm really excited for this season!

Yeah, I agree, some of the football we played (as seen on the highlights) looked really, really good

Yeah, I agree, some of the football we played (as seen on the highlights) looked really, really good

Best start to a season since we got promoted yet only 200 odd fans bother to turn up. It's actually appalling and no wonder we're a laughing stock. Like Tommy said we've only really had 2 bad halves this season, Spartak and Hamilton.

Edited by Gordon Drummonds Perm

Best start to a season since we got promoted yet only 200 odd fans bother to turn up. It's actually appalling and no wonder we're a laughing stock. Like Tommy said we've only really had 2 bad halves this season, Spartak and Hamilton.

???? - i get your point but official tweet said 332 saints fans turned up.

Could'nt really care how many of our fans turn up for an away match..afterall it's money in the pocket of our opponents!

It would be great to be a big club and carry a huge support, but having watched Saints through the leagues then 322 at Motherwell is bloody great and fair play to each and everyone of them!

Could'nt really care how many of our fans turn up for an away match..afterall it's money in the pocket of our opponents!

It would be great to be a big club and carry a huge support, but having watched Saints through the leagues then 322 at Motherwell is bloody great and fair play to each and everyone of them!

So have I and I've seen a lot more following the club to further places than Motherwell with a team a lot worse than we have now.

The players must think what the feck have we got to do here to get the fans out supporting us.

what the fuque do they care they get paid don't they.

i am more concerned about the amount of money lost to clubs due to giving out freebies.also the high cost of admission to matches. and you want to quit moaning barry

We've had two Euro home games, a game at Dingwall and two full price games against Celtic (very expensive) and Aberdeen and your moaning that 280 went to Motherwell. ****ing hell. Football is expensive and most families have probably been spending their money on kitting their kids for another year at school. Football might be your priority but some people may only be able to afford one game a month, let alone an away game where cost of travel is involved. It's been a very expensive couple of months for Saints fans!

Just won the Scottish cup, best start to a season in the top league for decades ,playing really good football and folk cant get off their arses and support them. We have a great team at the moment but cant for the life of me understand why no-one wants to watch them.

Mibbee they dinnae want to sit next to cants like you .