Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should also add South Inch that the other possibility is that as a result of this election - even if its a No vote - Scottish Labour may cut the apron strings with London. The link has done harm and Labour has come out really badly from this referendum, having to defend Tory cuts in Westminister. I think it could damage them as a party north of the border.

Have to admit Brogan that I do not have insider knowledge of the workings of the Labour party.  If there is a No vote and they then benefit from the damage UKIP will do to the Tories in the 2015 election (mainly by splitting the centre right vote) then they would be very foolish indeed not to vote through meaningful Devo Max.  If you are right the next Referendum will be an easy win for Yes.  Whatever, I can't see Labour's B team breaking away from the main party since a lot of Labour's A team are Scottish MPs.

As for David Cameron, I've never been fully convinced that a Yes vote would worry him unduly, so he loses one MP!  The guy has bigger worries to contend with like will he last as Tory leader much longer.  There are those in his party who think he is making a mess of dealing with the UKIP threat and they might see a leadership change as their last hope.

We are all just laying out opinions here not facts.  You may be right also about extremists not bothering an Independent Scotland even although this latest lot do not strike me as being very rational.  Borders do not seem to be their strong point!  Instead they are likely to see their enemies as America and NATO and last I heard Alex Salmond said we were going to be members of NATO. 

London Evening Standard is frowning upon this "yes" nonsense. Sterling affected old boy. And like it or not, the City matters. 

Article today mentions that the FM (not Fair Maid !) thought Fred the Shred was the best thing since sliced bread. (Now that's a nice rhyme)

Don't worry Mod.. it's been published and not in dispute

I don't mind if the outcome is yes provided that you buzz off and leave rUK alone and don't expect a cheque if it goes tits up. And that's what worries London, there probably will be a bailout...remember the Dalriada Scheme..anyone? Look it up.

Eck expects to run the Nordic model, but the reality will probably be like Eire. 

Passports required at Berwick and Carlise if you are not careful. Rubber gloves to be used by UKBA :roll:

Toodle Pip

Countries that engage in illegal invasions of other countries tend to be unpopular with extremists.  So while there's no guarantee that a terrorist act couldn't happen in Scotland, the chances would certainly be smaller - unless you subscribe to the opinion that terrorist acts are entirely random.

Elaborate on this asumption, just so I understand what you mean by 'the chances would certainly be smaller'. Do you seriously think that the perpetrators of terrorist activities will be less likely to conduct their activity in Scotland once it is no longer par of the Union?

WOW, have heard this before but it really sinks in when you hear it from someone who is so well thought of.

Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and George Bush should be getting their heads chopped off live on tv for doing this, not some innocent civilians.

Breaking away from westminster would make terrorism acts less of a worry in Scotland, if not completely wipe it out.

Your final sentence beggars belief. Astounding.

How would it? Does a terrorist say to himself "there's the Scottish border, no point on going in going any further"!

are you.

a. drunk?

b. stupid?

c. thick?

d. all of the above?

Countries that engage in illegal invasions of other countries tend to be unpopular with extremists.  So while there's no guarantee that a terrorist act couldn't happen in Scotland, the chances would certainly be smaller - unless you subscribe to the opinion that terrorist acts are entirely random.

Exactly, terrorists/freedom fighters and the likes know their targets, they need to know their targets to get their message across, saintdunc wouldn't make a very good terrorist if he doesn't even know the difference between UK and non UK.

The opportunity to feel like your vote matters, to have a written constituion, to get rid of nuclear weapons, to have a written consitution protecting what is important to the poeple, to get away from westimnster and the house of lords, an opportunity to try and share the wealth of the country more evenly, to protect public services from being privatised, to be represented by people who have our interests as their priority, the ability to make policies and decisions on our needs.

It is a wonderful opportunity and I really hope we take it.

Have you ever thought about the thousands of jobs that would also go by getting rid of nuclear weapons?

Have you ever thought about the thousands of jobs that would also go by getting rid of nuclear weapons?

That will be the 782.of which most will be redeployed as it will be used as the base for Scottish Navy.

With most polls now 4-1 in favour of a Yes vote. Will it be a landslide? I don't believe the Tory based polls for a second but all the internet polls favour a Yes by a huge margin, not scientific but can't be a million miles off.

That's in the base, what about the surrounding areas who rely on it in one way or another. There's too many sevco fans in Scotland for it to be a yes vote as daft as that may sound but probably not daft when thought about. Can almost guarantee a civil war if it is a yes

OMG

a civil bloody war?  L O L  :laugh:

There is not going to be riots on the street. This is a civillised country with educated people. No one is going to riot no matter the result.

R.e Trident. I grew up in a small village called Rosneath, looking onto Faslane. Nearly half my family work there and nearly all of them are voting yes. One of them, his job depends solely on there being trident but he is a Yes. It's not about self interest but for Scotland as a whole.