Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dinny be silly, not going to sit on the fence as a don't know as you suggest.

This is too important to sit on the fence.

We all stand or fall by our choices throughout our lives.

So my vote is a NAW.

But you said your vote was based on dislike of Salmond and Strurgeon. You then went on to say disliked Cameron, Darling etc just as much. You can call me silly if you want but I don't get your logic?

I said in a previous topic that I thought us Scots had 'Stockhom Syndrome'...and reading some of these posts I am even more convinced that this is true. I despair at my country folk. They would rather toady up to Cameron, Darling et al who have proved their total disdain for Scotland than 'man up' & take responsibility for themselves.

I don't think anyone voting yes thinks they are going to get a land of milk & honey, but I think there must be something inherently wrong with folk if they don't want to be responsible for themselves.

Countries around the globe, smaller than Scotland, with less natural resources have gone alone. For goodness sake some countries have actually had to fight for their freedom, and here we are being given a gift to choose for ourselves!?

If some of the No vote would even be honest & admit it's not fear of going alone it's the more sinister Sectarian issue of the union. Shame on them. If come the 19th it is a NO, I hope they are proud of the fact that Scotland has the worst child poverty in Europe, I hope they can sleep easy at night under their cosy Union flag duvets.

I said in a previous topic that I thought us Scots had 'Stockhom Syndrome'...and reading some of these posts I am even more convinced that this is true. I despair at my country folk. They would rather toady up to Cameron, Darling et al who have proved their total disdain for Scotland than 'man up' & take responsibility for themselves.

I don't think anyone voting yes thinks they are going to get a land of milk & honey, but I think there must be something inherently wrong with folk if they don't want to be responsible for themselves.

Countries around the globe, smaller than Scotland, with less natural resources have gone alone. For goodness sake some countries have actually had to fight for their freedom, and here we are being given a gift to choose for ourselves!?

If some of the No vote would even be honest & admit it's not fear of going alone it's the more sinister Sectarian issue of the union. Shame on them. If come the 19th it is a NO, I hope they are proud of the fact that Scotland has the worst child poverty in Europe, I hope they can sleep easy at night under their cosy Union flag duvets.

child poverty? More than likely through drug addict and alcoholic parents who would rather buy a fix,a bottle of vodka or even a packet of fags before putting a meal on the table for their kids. There's enough 99p and pound shops around nowadays where decent food can be bought to provide meals for families for under a fiver

child poverty? More than likely through drug addict and alcoholic parents who would rather buy a fix,a bottle of vodka or even a packet of fags before putting a meal on the table for their kids. There's enough 99p and pound shops around nowadays where decent food can be bought to provide meals for families for under a fiver

And what about the mentally ill or the disabled who through no fault of their own cannot find work and then have their benefits sanctioned?

To prepare a meal for under a fiver, you need the fiver in the first place.

That's a shame that you automatically think that the 200,000 plus children currently living in poverty belong to drink & drug addicted parents, perhaps you are a Daily Mail reader who believes all the cack they peddle? I was thinking more of the working poor. Many living or trying to exist on the minimum wage. Your point is another argument altogether. Find it difficult to think that people would rather blame the unfortunates at the bottom for all the ills rather than big business who would rather pay a tax accountant to dodge their dues rather than pay what they owe! Those on minimum wage scraping by probably with no wage increase but paying PAYE on all their income(not for them the luxury of a tax accountant)whilst Westminster MP's award themselves an 11 per cent wage rise. Austerity I think not.

That's a shame that you automatically think that the 200,000 plus children currently living in poverty belong to drink & drug addicted parents, perhaps you are a Daily Mail reader who believes all the cack they peddle? I was thinking more of the working poor. Many living or trying to exist on the minimum wage. Your point is another argument altogether. Find it difficult to think that people would rather blame the unfortunates at the bottom for all the ills rather than big business who would rather pay a tax accountant to dodge their dues rather than pay what they owe! Those on minimum wage scraping by probably with no wage increase but paying PAYE on all their income(not for them the luxury of a tax accountant)whilst Westminster MP's award themselves an 11 per cent wage rise. Austerity I think not.

That's the real world unfortunately and it's called living within your means buying food instead o 50inch plasma teles. We can't all get brain surgeons wages. Incidentally I read the courier

That's the real world unfortunately and it's called living within your means buying food instead o 50inch plasma teles. We can't all get brain surgeons wages. Incidentally I read the courier

I respect your right to your views, nevertheless you would rather blame those at the bottom than those at the top? Personally I would rather live in a fair society where money is spent on Education, NHS rather than Trident, illegal wars, fat cat Westminister MP's who probably do have 50 inch plasma TV's only difference paid by the tax payer via their expenses(along with their second homes & their duck houses)

I respect your right to your views, nevertheless you would rather blame those at the bottom than those at the top? Personally I would rather live in a fair society where money is spent on Education, NHS rather than Trident, illegal wars, fat cat Westminister MP's who probably do have 50 inch plasma TV's only difference paid by the tax payer via their expenses(along with their second homes & their duck houses)

Time you became a politician then. A good starting point on the nhs would be no free healthcare for foreigners if you're not born here you pay plain and simple. Afterall do we get it free when we adventure abroad? Edited by saintee4life

Time you became a politician then. A good starting point on the nhs would be no free healthcare for foreigners if you're not born here you pay plain and simple. Afterall do we get it free when we adventure abroad?

So you are the UKIP voter!? Seriously, if you are unhappy with the 'foreigners' then you have the perfect opportunity on the 18th to do something about it. They are only accessing a system because of Westminster/EU policies. Scotland only has the NHS budget, not the power to decide who gets treatment or not. I suspect you would like to keep the status quo so you wouldn't ever have to admit taking responsibility for anything, just be happy to moan about it and blame anyone else, in fact not too much different from the drug/drink dependent folk you mentioned earlier.

Time you became a politician then. A good starting point on the nhs would be no free healthcare for foreigners if you're not born here you pay plain and simple. Afterall do we get it free when we adventure abroad?

Yes. I'm an immigrant and have access to free health care.

Also, as an EU citizen you can get a European health insurance card which entitles you to state medical care in 32 European countries. Not all these countries have free medical care but, in any case, you'll get the same level of treatment for the same price as a local.

I've stayed out of this conversation until now as I don't have a vote but this seemed like an apt point to jump in. Before jumping out again I'll just add that if I did have one it'd be (for countless and ever-increasing reasons) a big fat 'yes'.

Yes. I'm an immigrant and have access to free health care.

Also, as an EU citizen you can get a European health insurance card which entitles you to state medical care in 32 European countries. Not all these countries have free medical care but, in any case, you'll get the same level of treatment for the same price as a local.

I've stayed out of this conversation until now as I don't have a vote but this seemed like an apt point to jump in. Before jumping out again I'll just add that if I did have one it'd be (for countless and ever-increasing reasons) a big fat 'yes'.

good

So a person born abroad who then comes to the UK and spends their whole working life here, paying tax into the system and helping to fund the NHS, shouldn't be allowed to use it?? Madness.