Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im sure my ancestors would be disgusted that their future generation were banned from being part of such an important vote on national identity but some Albanian was.

We  who have left made a decision based on a desire to better our lives whether it be in Greece, Australia, USA, Canada or the other countries former natives off Scotland now reside. I can only speak for myself I am allowed to vote here and if it was not for all the different cultures that came here Canada would be one big empty country. As we are all told the world is a !!global village!! so if you are not happy with said Albanian getting a vote you should have got your erse back to the Fair City.

As far as the vote is concerned I hope the people off Scotland make the right decision, ramble over.

Nothing personal Captain

We  who have left made a decision based on a desire to better our lives whether it be in Greece, Australia, USA, Canada or the other countries former natives off Scotland now reside. I can only speak for myself I am allowed to vote here and if it was not for all the different cultures that came here Canada would be one big empty country. As we are all told the world is a !!global village!! so if you are not happy with said Albanian getting a vote you should have got your erse back to the Fair City.

As far as the vote is concerned I hope the people off Scotland make the right decision, ramble over.

Nothing personal Captain

John, this is meant with all due respect.

I do not agree with what you say. I paid a lot of taxes in UK before I left. I pay a lot of tax in Greece now. I am not allowed to vote in Greece, EVER. as I am not a born Greek. I admire this rule (one of the few I admire). There is nothing to say that I will not return to Scotland and contributed to the tax system in the future. The vote is about identity and pride. Now the guys who run the Kebab shop in S. Methven Street should be allowed concessions to Perth swimmies or disabled parking or whatever BUT should not be allowed to vote on such a topic of national identity unless they were born in MY COUNTRY called Scotland.

Plenty naked women in my sauna thankyou very much, and the spanking is sweet delight.

Are they like (a young) Agnetha Faltskog or more likely Liz McDonald off Corrie?

Spanking? Thank goodness you are in Scandi, you'd get taken up for that in the new enlightened land ruled by the Lizard of Linlithgow!

Sherriff Wheatley (alledgedly) used to dream about folk like you coming up before him!

Iv stated many reasons why am voting independence and I asked a load of questions earlier and you couldn't answer a single one of them. You are an absolute cretin. Done with this forum.

Ah well thats done and dusted then. Got a bit excited and my BP went through the roof at times but please take my posts with a large pinch of salt..............if you can. I am an Anglo Scot who returned 'home' at 40, after 24 years in the RAF, and found that it was not the country I had left. I felt like an incomer, so after 2 years left tò live in England and I have been here since 95 save the occasional trip back to see the mighty Saints.

Whatever the outcome work hard to make it work but I still hope you can ditch the Fat Controller because he has no credibility anywhere.

Awrabest

John, this is meant with all due respect.

I do not agree with what you say. I paid a lot of taxes in UK before I left. I pay a lot of tax in Greece now. I am not allowed to vote in Greece, EVER. as I am not a born Greek. I admire this rule (one of the few I admire). There is nothing to say that I will not return to Scotland and contributed to the tax system in the future. The vote is about identity and pride. Now the guys who run the Kebab shop in S. Methven Street should be allowed concessions to Perth swimmies or disabled parking or whatever BUT should not be allowed to vote on such a topic of national identity unless they were born in MY COUNTRY called Scotland.

braw post

Nothing personal Captain

Im wae you John w

I pay taxes still in both Canada and Scotland.

I own property in both country's and do not get a vote anywhere     WTF...!!!! 

But hey I live in a place that has less oil than Scotland and is in the top 5 places to live in the world due to that black gold.

Mmmmmm. 

How come you can't vote in Canada?

And worse, all those guys who stand around in Sevco shirts thinking that choice of football club should be an acceptable short-hand for a political viewpoint? I say "No, thanks" to that.

This has concerned me for many months but I wasn't going to bring it up as I would not have had the time nor inclination to debate the issue. These people have in my opinion probably skewed some folks perception of what the 300 year old union (and its flag) actually represents.

I realise this is not the main thrust of your post but there is a perception (maybe only by me) that many culturally polarised) people will be voting (may already have voted) against the union because they perceive that voting FOR the union is a vote for the culture that still exists in certain quarters and establishments in Scottish society. I imagine that a lot of people, possibly significant numbers, may have been so influenced.

The fact that people from one particular Scottish football club have been allowed to hijack the Union flag as their own and used it as a symbolic icon to associate with one sides success in battle in Irish history is bad enough but, in addition, for them to have the arrogance to think that people believe that their culture represents what we in the UK have had for the last 300 years is morally reprehensible and sickening. I personally wish it could have been rationalised and laid to rest many years ago.

Mind you, I suppose as the other half may be equally influenced so I suppose it may all balance out in the end. And yes, I do realise that some folk may actually be voting with their heads.

Saw a tweet earlier suggesting Kilmarnock are the most Pro Independence team whilst St Johnstone are most in favour of the Union.....

VOTE YES

That was done a few months back. Sample size was five or something. It was just a joke - they even had Rangers fans in favour of independence

When it goes pear shaped and you are paying through the nose for everything from Petrol to the roads you drive on, you will finally get it but until then, and I doubt if it will take very long, you will have the Fat Controller in charge, making one sorry mess of it all. This is about Salmond but you are all too brainwashed, braveheart and anti english to see it. It is ok to be anti english on the sporting front but you lot have taken it too far. Shameful.

Au contraire..once the threat of independence is removed the gloves will be well & truly off. We will wonder what has hit us! We will have 25billion pounds of austerity cuts to look forward to just to start off with?

Healthy I hope so! You won't be able to fall seriously ill .. Even now the NHS is being dismantled. I work in local government & you want to see the public money being paid to private firms to do our business! I am not anti English, nor am I 'Braveheart, in fact the very opposite. No one with half a brain could say Westminster is working for Scotland. As far as 'the fat controller' as you so respectfully call Mr Salmond, thank goodness Scotland has someone looking out for Scotland's interests! After the vote no one & I mean no one who voted No should ever moan about their plight! You have had a chance to do something about it!

As for pear shaped..well the train has already arrived at that destination anyway. Generations to come will wonder what the feck we were thinking?!

This has concerned me for many months but I wasn't going to bring it up as I would not have had the time nor inclination to debate the issue. These people have in my opinion probably skewed some folks perception of what the 300 year old union (and its flag) actually represents.

I realise this is not the main thrust of your post but there is a perception (maybe only by me) that many culturally polarised) people will be voting (may already have voted) against the union because they perceive that voting FOR the union is a vote for the culture that still exists in certain quarters and establishments in Scottish society. I imagine that a lot of people, possibly significant numbers, may have been so influenced.

The fact that people from one particular Scottish football club have been allowed to hijack the Union flag as their own and used it as a symbolic icon to associate with one sides success in battle in Irish history is bad enough but, in addition, for them to have the arrogance to think that people believe that their culture represents what we in the UK have had for the last 300 years is morally reprehensible and sickening. I personally wish it could have been rationalised and laid to rest many years ago.

Mind you, I suppose as the other half may be equally influenced so I suppose it may all balance out in the end. And yes, I do realise that some folk may actually be voting with their heads.

I suggest your initial fears are correct! I work with Sevco fans & they are voting NO purely on the sectarian issue. Sad to think that in this day and age an important decision like this is being made on an historical event hundreds of years ago! Not even on Scottish soil!? The human race! I despair!