Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You want a reasoned debate, yet call everyone voting yes either brain dead, brainwashed, deluded or anti English.

If you want a sensible, civil and reasonable debate on here, you'll get it if you act in that manner yourself.

The perception that yes voters are all stupid is a completely tired and false.

Think you will find that the more reasoned protagonists on this thread have dealt with/responded to these comments if you had bothered to read the thread.

Worry not fellow Saintee.... You have to remember this is a 'football fans forum' and Yes or No on the 19th Saints will have still won the Scottish cup!

I defend the right of free speech... after all we are lucky enough to live in a 'democracy' I may not agree with everything I read, however I do like to be respectful of other peoples views(right or wrong). I can't condone 'bad behaviour' but think on this one you have to take the high moral ground.

As for the union flag..as a fashion accessory it is very unforgiving... I am sure you would look much better in a Saltire ..haha

Like Kyle you have failed to read everything before commenting and I think we have moved on from that point. I am big enough and mature enough to admit that I can see where most of you are coming from.

Edited by Saintdunc

Whatever way the vote goes I think we're gonnae hae an awfy divided and squabbling country at the end o it.Families who haves yes and no voters in them will have disagreements sometimes probably heated ones where fallouts could be irreparable, friends and neighbours falling out there will be many wounds emotionally that will need healed and friendships that will need to be restored. We are only as strong as we are united and as weak as we are divided. Is the pied piper of hamelin trying to lead us to a fantasy land where if we are independent all our enemies disappear overnight?

Whatever way the vote goes I think we're gonnae hae an awfy divided and squabbling country at the end o it.Families who haves yes and no voters in them will have disagreements sometimes probably heated ones where fallouts could be irreparable, friends and neighbours falling out there will be many wounds emotionally that will need healed and friendships that will need to be restored. We are only as strong as we are united and as weak as we are divided. Is the pied piper of hamelin trying to lead us to a fantasy land where if we are independent all our enemies disappear overnight?

When I mentioned Berlin and Belfast earlier in this thread it was because these cities and countries were divided by walls, barriers and fences, when erected split families in half. Not the same in either case but families, friends and neighbours were cast apart through no choice of their own. I am sure that on September 19th will arrive and entitled voters from the same family may not share the same opinion and will vote differently. If the vote is close might there be civil unrest by those who voted for the defeated side? I would be surprised if there wasn't an element of rentamob already primed for this.

When I mentioned Berlin and Belfast earlier in this thread it was because these cities and countries were divided by walls, barriers and fences, when erected split families in half. Not the same in either case but families, friends and neighbours were cast apart through no choice of their own. I am sure that on September 19th will arrive and entitled voters from the same family may not share the same opinion and will vote differently. If the vote is close might there be civil unrest by those who voted for the defeated side? I would be surprised if there wasn't an element of rentamob already primed for this.

Don't see it myself. Conduct on both sides of the debate has been excellent with only the Unionist press and Jim Murphy in particular trying to paint a different picture. I think their evidence boils down to one egg.(Pun intended)

Dunc if you read an earlier post of mine it tells you what is already in the pipeline from the red white n blue brigade down Govan way

Waving the expat freedom of speech card. :laugh:

Not entitled to a vote so haven't gotten involved in this thread up to now. Speaking to various elements of family north of the border and there is division within those families in most cases. I'm sorta glad that I am out of it because I would (and they are aware that they are) be voting not really for myself, because I am way past the age where it would affect me greatly apart from maybe how much my pension would be worth, but for my kids, grand kids and future generations - virtually deciding the way they will have to live their lives. I don't envy you folks who may have to live with your decision if everything were to go pear shaped. Whatever way you vote.

Whatever happens next week Scotland has always been a (fairly) tolerant society I hope that whichever element is on the losing side it is accepted and everybody can just get on with it.

Don't see it myself. Conduct on both sides of the debate has been excellent with only the Unionist press and Jim Murphy in particular trying to paint a different picture. I think their evidence boils down to one egg.(Pun intended)

Note that you opportunistically went for the No jugular when I recall that JK Rowling was slaughtered verbally for her early comments in favour of staying together.

They really live on a different planet never mind a different country. Do they really think that leaving their day job & coming up here is going to do anything but boost the yes vote just like Broons intervention did at the end of last week. The worst prime minister in history ,who when he was chancellor sold off the countries gold reserves at the lowest price,when the country was in the best financial state for years. Unbelievable.

They are now promising us independence without any power as long as they can keep taking our wealth.

How patronising flying the Saltire over Downing street. Who is advising them . They must think we are gullable & can be bought with a few words & actions.

I’m really struggling to see how being treated to special guest appearances by Cameron, Milipede and Cameron’s secretary can’t do irreparable damage to the Naw campaign (and that’s even before Farage slithers into town and the Homepride Men wander through Edinburgh creating carnage on Saturday).

Cameron is absolutely toxic and will do damage wherever he goes (please make it Castlemilk, just for a laugh), Milipede is only interested in promoting his own career, and Clegg has form when it comes to saying one thing then swiftly dropping it when he gets the opportunity to get his grubby little mits on the kettle in No. 10.

I don’t know who advised them to do this… probably Boris now that I think about it, but they really need their heads looked at. All I can assume is they’ve got wind of Thursday’s poll and it’s very bad news for Westminster (Yay! :D ), as I wouldn’t have thought the Scottish Sun’s impending switch to Yes would be enough to get Cameron in particular to break cover.

Such a gargantuan effort to retain a bunch of subsidy junkies…

As for the Saltire flying above Downing Street, I think Frankie Boyle hit the nail on the head this evening when he said, “Never mind the Saltire, Downing Street should be flying the ****ing Jolly Roger”.

Bunch of crooks. Am I sounding cynical….? Hmm :wink:

House up for sale and resigned from the job. Returning to the Mecca and land of milk and honey while I still can and before they shut the border to stop all and sundry from trying to gain entry to the Promised Land. However, they are in for a nasty shock! Just wait until President Salmond extradites all the English, and other incomers, who have dared to tarnish our country by making it their home. God save the Queen, sorry will that still be allowed?

You mean all those English that get a vote in the referendum?

You mean all those English that get a vote in the referendum?

Thought we had moved on from this but hey ho.

All those English, Pat McGroin? That about sums it all up. Hatred of the English who get a vote simply because they moved to the country to get a job and help make Scotland what it is today. Part of a successful union.

Edited by Saintdunc

You stated "All the English." I wsa quoting you.

My wife is from Hampshire FFS.

I was a no voter until a few weeks ago. The more I read, the more It seems that better together is so only for England.

There is a genuine fear of losing Scottish wealth, the same was probably true for places such as India, Australia, half of Africa etc.