Brian Graham

patron saint

I had a seat in front of a group of older Saints fans at Kilmarnock on Saturday including a couple of former directors. The abuse 2 of them (don't know who it was) gave out to Graham was incredible.

I think he has a hard if not impossible act to follow in that folk are trying to compare him to May. He is not a direct replacement.

He's averaging a goal every 2.5 games, which is virtually identical to MacLeans record last year. I wouldn't say he's not a decent goalscorer at this level as if he continues that he'll finish with a total of around 12 goals. A decent return.

My arithmatic is 16 leauge goals at 1 goal per 2.5 games so far half of his league goals are penalty kicks therefore at present brate he will need 8 penalties at this current rate. In cup matches he is 1 in 3. What I am saying there are statistics and there are statistics. You can only compare him with Mclean at the end of the season 

BG and M O'H squabble?

"Michael must have forgotten that Brian was on penalties""

"Normally I remind everyone who is the penalty taker, but it was sod's law that I forgot at the weekend!"

TW man enough to admit his small mistake .

Well, that should clear that one up to everyone's satisfaction .

Let's be honest Brian Graham only wants to take the penalties because it covers up his dreadful goal scoring record from open play.

Maybe but 6 games ago we could have written the same about O'Halloran. Graham has missed a few he should have made but he has been dreadfully unlucky with some that have been disallowed. And he takes a dammed good penalty.

People are over thinking this.

He wants to take the penalties because he wants to score.

Not because he's trying to hide the fact he hasn't scored for a while from open place or because he thinks clubs will look at his goals scored record and be fooled by the no of penalties.

He just wants to score...