Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

York City the latest club to "blink"

We didn't blink; we just waited until Steve Evans was safely installed elsewhere :cool:

Russ Wilcox had been on borrowed for a few weeks, and it was no surprise when the axe fell after a series of truly awful performances.

Former player Richard Cresswell has been installed as caretaker, and is currently joint bookies' favourite along with Nigel Clough to get the permanent job. A more realistic option in my opinion is Danny Wilson.

The board has been good at selecting mangers to stave off the threat of relegation, but this time really need to appoint someone capable of taking the club forward as well.

McNamara would be a big step forward from the alleged favourite over the weekend, Greg Abbott, but with Nigel Clough rumoured to have been interviewed as well, and Danny Wilson possibly in the running I'm taking nothing for granted.

That said, I've already dusted off my cup final programme and selected a nice spot for an autograph just in case.

McNamara seems to be City fans' choice out of the confirmed candidates, if the comments on the local paper's website are anything to go by.

He's now being quoted at 1/4 or 1/5 by the bookies as a result.

I've placed my bet, but won't jinx it by naming names. 

McNamara seems to be City fans' choice out of the confirmed candidates, if the comments on the local paper's website are anything to go by.

He's now being quoted at 1/4 or 1/5 by the bookies as a result.

I've placed my bet, but won't jinx it by naming names. 

2nd bottom of League 2. Conference next season then with Jackie.