Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

Kevin Thomson will lead Kelty Hearts in their first season in the SPFL after he was named successor to former Rangers team-mate Barry Ferguson.

The 36-year-old leaves his role as a Rangers youth coach to take his first job as a manager at New Central Park.

25 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

With the appointments being announced the title of this thread has become very apt. I don't think there are many Pars fans that will be happy with that.

I agree .I would be happy. Manager of Alloa they get relegated from the championship now manager of Dunfermline and they hope, he will get them promoted out of the championship. I would not hold my breath.

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I agree .I would be happy. Manager of Alloa they get relegated from the championship now manager of Dunfermline and they hope, he will get them promoted out of the championship. I would not hold my breath.

What a bizarre appointment. Peter Grant must give a bloody good interview. Surely they'd have better options open to them than him? They'd be better off giving a chance to a first-timer (as Saints have done successfully several times now).

That's Dunfermline and Ross County both made what seem to be awful managerial appointments in the last few days.

1 minute ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Elaborate please.

Self explanatory. Whilst other teams employ known failures ,Saints either by luck or good judgement have given a chance to guys most of whom have no experience ,hence no failure and have mainly not failed at Saints.

47 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Love it . He played them for fools. They thought ,it's Celtic ,he can't turn us down.

He kept them up his sleeve in case nothing better came up.  Presumably something now has!

To be fair I think Celtic suspected that but had to go along with it as they had no other candidate.  Unless they can pull a surprise appointment of some standing Gerrard can look forward to a second league title.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Self explanatory. Whilst other teams employ known failures ,Saints either by luck or good judgement have given a chance to guys most of whom have no experience ,hence no failure and have mainly not failed at Saints.

Obviously self explanatory in your own mind,  however I thought you had names in mind , rather than a generalisation. 

Was hoping for names , which could have opened up a discussion. 

However , I'll leave it at that. :roll:

Rumours kicking about that Howe's family refused to come up to Glasgow after the recent events of petrol bomb attack and trouble in George Square... wouldnae blame them if there's truth in it

On another note CD getting quoted as 16/1 for the job ... was only a matter of time before his name was gonna get thrown in when "bigger" clubs are looking for managers 

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Rumour that talks with the latest Celtic managerial candidate are already in trouble.  He has been offered a bus pass as part of his salary package but he wants one for his wife as well.

Plus a biscuit tin of Walkers shortbread.