Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Paul Sheerin Sacked at Falkirk  .Danny Grainger in temporary charge 

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Paul Sheerin Sacked at Falkirk  .Danny Grainger in temporary charge 

Not directly connected but was there really over 10000 at Queens Park v Falkirk yesterday both the Sunday Post and Sunday Mail saying 10119 ?

3 hours ago, south inch said:

If Queens Park really have the ability to pull in a crowd of 10,000+ they are going to have a wee problem when they move to their new ground which will have a capacity of 1,774!

Owners are throwing money at Queen's to get up the league's so I can't see them developing little Hampden with as little as 1774.

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Owners are throwing money at Queen's to get up the league's so I can't see them developing little Hampden with as little as 1774.

It was probably built in a way that would allow future expansion. Amazing the way so many outlets repeated the error (crowd given as 10 times what it was), which anyone with any knowledge of Scottish football would know couldn’t possibly be right.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:27 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

It was probably built in a way that would allow future expansion. Amazing the way so many outlets repeated the error (crowd given as 10 times what it was), which anyone with any knowledge of Scottish football would know couldn’t possibly be right.

Queens Park have just submitted revised plans for Lesser Hampden which envisages two phases.  The first phase which they hope will allow them to start playing at LH in the 22/23 season will see a capacity of 1,900 + including a 1,000 seated East Stand which will be capable of further expansion.  Phase 2 will build a 500 seated stand for away supporters increasing the capacity to 2,400 +.

10 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Kevin Rustybits resigns at Stirling Albion.

I thought I read that he was doing s decent job there. Maybe freeing himself up for Saints job.

Just checked. They were doing well but have had 4 defeats in a row.

Edited by Cagey

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I thought I read that he was doing s decent job there. Maybe freeing himself up for Saints job.

He's resigned because of a difference of opinion with the chairman, rather than because of performances (although their recent results haven't been great). I always think he comes across really well - hope he lands himself another job somewhere soon.

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Seems to be left out of any tactical discussion in the dugout.

Im guessing but maybe that's his shortfall, seems well thought off at Saints but MIGHT lack tactical knowledge which would be an extreme hinder for anyone looking at taking on a managers post. Think we made that major f*** up wi John McClelland  :D

On 12/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, Cagey said:

Surprised Alec Clelland doesn't go for this type of job. He has been a number 3 for too long . Seems to be left out of any tactical discussion in the dugout.

Clelland's got a pretty good, secure job at Saints which he presumably enjoys. Maybe he's quite happy not to join the "merry-go-round" where he'd probably need to look for a new job every one or two years. Not everyone wants to be a manager.

16 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Stories on twitter last night that Duncan Ferguson had resigned form his role at Everton. Not confirmed so may have just been a story. 

Could see him returning up here to cut his teeth in management. 

He bleeds Blue. Might just be time up for Benitez especially if they get a hiding this weekend.