Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

• 2 weeks later...

I think the fact is that Tommy is grossly undervalued, because of his attachment to an unfashionable club. As far as I recall, he has had one, maybe two, MotM in his time at Saints, which is just ridiculous, and was basically cheated on the MotY in the cup year. I'm sure he's not short of a bob or two anyway, but whilst it would be horrible to lose him, part of me would love to see him get a couple of years on stupid money darn sarf to give him and his family a Braw retirement. If and when it happened, he would always be a legend.

I think the fact is that Tommy is grossly undervalued, because of his attachment to an unfashionable club. As far as I recall, he has had one, maybe two, MotM in his time at Saints, which is just ridiculous, and was basically cheated on the MotY in the cup year. I'm sure he's not short of a bob or two anyway, but whilst it would be horrible to lose him, part of me would love to see him get a couple of years on stupid money darn sarf to give him and his family a Braw retirement. If and when it happened, he would always be a legend.

I don't think that Tommy is being overlooked because Saints are regarded as an unfashionable club but more to the fact that he has not had an agent trawling the English Leagues trying to engineer a move for him. The last 3 managers, who were also quite a bit younger than Tommy is now, all went to the Championship for a massive boost to their salaries. How did that work out!!  I also don't think that money is his greatest motivation. I would say that he has found his level and is happy working here and he does have a good rapport with the board. He gets a decent salary and if his family are content then why should he move?

I don't think that Tommy is being overlooked because Saints are regarded as an unfashionable club but more to the fact that he has not had an agent trawling the English Leagues trying to engineer a move for him. The last 3 managers, who were also quite a bit younger than Tommy is now, all went to the Championship for a massive boost to their salaries. How did that work out!!  I also don't think that money is his greatest motivation. I would say that he has found his level and is happy working here and he does have a good rapport with the board. He gets a decent salary and if his family are content then why should he move?

Not sure I'd agree that previous managers were going down south purely for the salary boost. Obviously that's a nice factor, but I think all three of Coyle, McInnes and Lomas were ambitious to go to England because clubs down there are bigger and have higher profiles. I think Tommy Wright is ambitious too, but perhaps not in the same way.