Airdrie United vs. Saints 18/11/06

Dev

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Time, i don't think it was down to an ibrox hangover, we had ages to get ready for this match.

I think airdrie just wanted it more than us because they know they ahd to raise there game to beat us and they did it.

I wasnt at the match but am sorry but if scotland doesnt start scoring, i think he deserves to be on the bench.

Strongest team out & it took us to 85 mins to get a goal. Had a feeling about today as airdrie would be up for it & in our faces which is the type of games we lose.

Win at Ross a must or we are playing catch up ,big time.

At least Savo got a goal & we don`t have the (saints never lose when Savo scores anymore. I knew when that was in the papers we just had to lose a game that Savo scored in.

I couldn't decide wether to go along today as I was going on my own - seems I made the wrong decision.

A couple of points.

1) We were rubbish, especially in the 1st half. No good performers. Jason Scoltand must be dropped for the next game and Peaso brought in. We played infinately better when he was on. Scotland tried even less today than he ever has.

2) Owen Coyle needs to take a hard look at himself for not taking Anderson off when he was injured. He left him limping about to defend the corner from which we conceeded (I wonder why).

3) Halliwell is shite. There is no two ways about it. His kicking is shocking. His handling is shocking. His judgement when coming out to feet is shocking. Every Saints fan must admit they hold their breath when the ball is in our box. Thats the 2nd or 3rd pen he has given away. Rubbish.

Plus points? Not really. Peaso was ok and so was Willie McLaren when he came on. Savo's goal was a great finish too.

An absolute stinker of a performance.

No need for a man of the match award this week because not one player deserves it.

Halliwell was awful, failed to catch a fairly standard shot before diving in and giving a pen ( Should have been sent off for his attempt).

Anderson should have been subbed, with the way things we were going at the time he was injured, we couldn't afford the luxury of carrying an injured player.

After Peaso came on we looked a better side and should have had a penalty, but the linesman somehow thought that Peaso was guilty despite the fact that he was lucky not to lose his shirt to the Airdrie Defender.

Scotland wasn't interested at all, injury, jet-lag, laziness whatever, simply put he shouldn't be in the team at the moment.

I couldn't decide wether to go along today as I was going on my own - seems I made the wrong decision.

A couple of points.

1) We were rubbish, especially in the 1st half. No good performers. Jason Scoltand must be dropped for the next game and Peaso brought in. We played infinately better when he was on. Scotland tried even less today than he ever has.

2) Owen Coyle needs to take a hard look at himself for not taking Anderson off when he was injured. He left him limping about to defend the corner from which we conceeded (I wonder why).

3) Halliwell is shite. There is no two ways about it. His kicking is shocking. His handling is shocking. His judgement when coming out to feet is shocking. Every Saints fan must admit they hold their breath when the ball is in our box. Thats the 2nd or 3rd pen he has given away. Rubbish.

Plus points? Not really. Peaso was ok and so was Willie McLaren when he came on. Savo's goal was a great finish too.

So the end of the world is nigh then!!

Just a few days ago we were celebrating at Ibrox and today everyone is sh*te!

Lets all get our head in the oven because Hibs will maul us!

I don't think so.

Hard to argue with a lot of Broon's harsh words, we just weren't good enough to take anything today. We need to play at, or at least near, our best every week if we are gonna win football matches but today we were well off the pace.

Really struggling to pick an MoM.

I'd start Peaso on Wednesday and I never thought I'd hear myself say Scotland should be dropped. Keeper made an error and at the time I was raging but his kicking is the main worry.

Just to add my view, we were totally rubbish today, the worst performance I have seen all season, and the officials were just rotten. The reason being, that we were not interested in the game at all today. The young airdrie midfield was two yards faster than us all day. I still think when we play we are the best team in the league, but we need to be alot hungrier and it is clear our midfield is too slow.

Just to note, Scotland was an absoloute disgrace today, he should def be dropped for the next game untill he actually wants to try. For me this is when coyle should show some management skills (or just balls) and drop him, he was a disgrace. Also agree that anderson should have been taken off earlier.

I would also say that outside a pacy midfielder, we desperately need an out an out right winger, mensing is a first team player but not on the right. As for lawrie I thought he was solid in the first half, then was rubbish in the second half. I would only give pass marks to mcmanus and milne.

Im also starting to think that halliwell is a liability. However I have thought most of these things for some time and this is only one game. I still think we are going to be up there, but there are some things that need to be changed if we actually want to win the league.

So the end of the world is nigh then!!

Just a few days ago we were celebrating at Ibrox and today everyone is sh*te!

Lets all get our head in the oven because Hibs will maul us!

I don't think so.

I didn't say the end of the world is nigh. We were great at Ibrox but equally we were terrible today. Everything I said was true. I never once said we are a poor team - just that we were rotten today. If you were there then you would have to agree.

We won't win the league with performances like this. Thats all I was saying.

We shouldnt be all doom and gloom, its just 1 gamem we dont become a bad team overnight!

Can I ask the guys who were there, did we seem complacient or simply bad day at the office?

Hard to tell. We didn't even get close to a 50-50 all day. At one stage early in the first we knocked the ball about well but then Airdrie came into it. McPhee caused us all sorts of problems. They guy is excellent in the air and very quick.

I just think they looked quicker than us. If teams don't give us time to play we find it really hard to get on top. I think putting Mensing wide right instead of Hardie was a mistake as Mensing does nothing out there.

Worst performance of the season by a mile - too many players believing their own hype these days.

Halliwell should have been sent off and have to agree with Broon. His kicking is simply woeful and he totally failed to command his box on several occasions (including picking up a passback from Lawrie that Thank Rod the ref missed). If it wasn't for the fact that the Cat was injured I'd be tempted to drop Halliwell now.

As for Scotland he needs dropped to the bench. I'm not sure if he's had a rough week or what but in conditions like today against a physical side like Airdrie he badly needed to stand up and be counted - instead spent most of his time whinging and half-heartedly trying to hide. There was a real difference when Peaso came on and I'd start him.

Now to the rest. Hardie cannot be used as a target man - he's simply pish in the air and if we can all see it, why the hell does OC persist with this long ball pish. I'm not sure if it was because it was his old club but he was too fired up today and lucky not to pick up 2 yellows. Lawson passed the ball well but again his discipline had to be called into question with a couple of rash challenges a la Clyde. Sheerin was basically hemmed in and dropping back all the time to cover for Stanic who again looked knackered which basically killed us on the left.

Today we came back to earth with a bump - hopefully it'll knock some sense into them.

Airdrie were the hungrier team throughout, Saints looked like they thought they just had to turn up.

Halliwell had a poor game and looked nervous but I still think he is a better keeper than Cuthbert. The midfield were second best for 90 mins and Scotland was atrocious up front.

I agree with the previous comments regarding dropping Scotland for the Ross County game as he needs to improve his work rate dramatically.

The only pass marks for me today were Anderson and Sheerin.

We played as if the players had been out drinking since coming off the pitch at Ibrox.

Looked sluggish when going forward, lacked composure at the back and the midfield did bugger all, and Halliwell's general shakiness today cost us a goal.

It doesn't make us a bad team, but losing away to the bottom placed team isn't the form on which championship winning seasons are built.

Ross County is now a MUST win game- we must claw back points or it'll be the usual story- fall apart in November or December and fall out of the race for the title.

Certainly back down to earth with a bump!

A couple of points.

Broon is stop on now.

That make oc job easy 2 bring his gd mate james bk in now since ando looks like 2 be out for 2 /3 weeks

Just to add my view, we were totally rubbish today, the worst performance I have seen all season, and the officials were just rotten. The reason being, that we were not interested in the game at all today. The young airdrie midfield was two yards faster than us all day. I still think when we play we are the best team in the league, but we need to be alot hungrier and it is clear our midfield is too slow.

Just to note, Scotland was an absoloute disgrace today, he should def be dropped for the next game untill he actually wants to try. For me this is when coyle should show some management skills (or just balls) and drop him, he was a disgrace. Also agree that anderson should have been taken off earlier.

I would also say that outside a pacy midfielder, we desperately need an out an out right winger, mensing is a first team player but not on the right. As for lawrie I thought he was solid in the first half, then was rubbish in the second half. I would only give pass marks to mcmanus and milne.

Im also starting to think that halliwell is a liability. However I have thought most of these things for some time and this is only one game. I still think we are going to be up there, but there are some things that need to be changed if we actually want to win the league.

Seconded almost to the letter!! " WE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE" yet,we must be hungrier to become them!