Is Ryder Cup Money Spinner For Saints?

mainstand

Glad to see that I lined this one up for the infrastructure and SFA jokers. :)

I think it is good business for the Club and although the prices are higher than you would normally see at a High Street shopwill probably be significantly less than on site at Gleneagles. Good on Saints and hopdefully it will be a money spinner.

Do we know for sure that Saints are actually getting any money from the kiosks? I know the rental of our car parking spaces will fund the replacement/upgrade of the astroturf, but the kiosks may be part of the Ryder Cup and franchised out to other companies! I believe there are a few different car parking venues for the Ryder Cup and assume they all have similar catering/security set up.

Balado mcd and some field beside the motorway at Stirling is being used. I didn't see any catering when I passed the Stirling site. I can't say I was looking for it though.

There was quotes from Roddy I think on the main site discussing we would be offering bacon rolls etc so I presume we have some party to play financially in them?

Once again..that's an excellent piece of business if true!... I'm sure this will bring in thousands of pounds over the next few days and go a long way in beneffiting Saints!

Balado mcd and some field beside the motorway at Stirling is being used. I didn't see any catering when I passed the Stirling site. I can't say I was looking for it though.

There was quotes from Roddy I think on the main site discussing we would be offering bacon rolls etc so I presume we have some party to play financially in them?

Edited by Pelosi

OK - I heard this 3rd hand BUT  -  Saints apparently agreed a fee of £40,000 (forty thousand) for use of the grounds for the Ryder Cup  NOW apparently the guy who deals with these matters heard and renegotiated it up to £80,000 (eighty thousand).   He then left the club.

My understanding is he he either left of his own free will or was asked to go -NOW as I said this was 3rd hand.

OK - I heard this 3rd hand BUT - Saints apparently agreed a fee of £40,000 (forty thousand) for use of the grounds for the Ryder Cup NOW apparently the guy who deals with these matters heard and renegotiated it up to £80,000 (eighty thousand). He then left the club.

My understanding is he he either left of his own free will or was asked to go -NOW as I said this was 3rd hand.

Was it Stevie May?

Pelosi yes it is Saints that are doing the catering nothing to do with Ryder cup company.

Ancientsaint I believe the astroturf is being replaced by or receiving a significant contribution from the Ryder cup legacy company. I don't know about the £40k or £80k hire fee but if it is costing £20 per day and we have 1000 spaces at McD then that is only bringing in £20k a day or 80k for the 4 main days. So getting that much off of them for hire is not too bad.