St Johnstone V Kilmarnock 18Th Oct 2014

Shibbydoo

And Scobbie, and Maclean. That's where our bad luck has been-had the injuries been to O'Halloran, Brown and Miller we wouldn't be nearly as bad as this.

Yep, spine of our team right there and arguably you couldn't pick out three players that we'd miss as much as those three.

The defence is all over the shop. Mannus has been utterly shite this season. 4 crosses in his six yard box and he's not come for any of them. He's a coward in the box. No bravery at all. Between him and the two central defenders they've not got close to a high ball all day.

Mannus is afraid of crosses or of coming off his line. Almost let a poor cross bounce over his head. Had a couple of good saves but hopefully we can get a new keeper or Zander Clark in January.

Didn't get to the game today, but it's clear we have a problem up front and if we're ascribing blame, that's largely down to the manager - partly excused by May's will-I-stay-or-will-I-go attitude in the summer.

In retrospect, Morgan looks like a punt that gone badly wrong; McFadden may be another, more expensive, one; Kane's loan a rash move. We've been chopping and changing too much - though perhaps that's been triggered by poor performances to start with. 

But bear in mind we've been unlucky with injuries - Scobbie, MacLean and Miller all missing - and even ignoring those, bad runs can happen, when players are off form together (Mannus, O'Halloran and Wotherspoon main examples) and luck isn't with you. Last week, for example, we weren't great, but should have won if the ref had his eyes in. 

But no reason to panic yet. The game against Motherwell in two weeks will be tough, but I'm confident we'll get a morale booster next week against Thistle. We really are better than we're showing.

Edited by Brogan

Could've sworn when I said that this would happen I was shot down in a flurry of replies from the high and mighty.

Nice pint of smug juice tonight.

Hope that d*** of a chairman is happy with his trophy as it this rate it'll be a fair few years before we have another. Well maybe the challenge cup next year

Agree with that 1000%. We miss McKay at right back. Miller is neither good at attacking or defence.

Can I add that he can`t tackle,pass or cross.

What the **** is Wright playing at. Wright should have been at centre back. He would not have allowed McGennis to bully him & he is our best header of a ball. McKay is better at r,back than centre back & supports Croft who is lost without him.

Also subbing Brown who was probably our best player & not using his last 2 subs untill 10 mins to go.

Wish we were withholing bonuses .It might make them play better.

I see a few blaming Brown....to me the blame for performances like that lay at the door of the players and the management team. This is pretty much the same defence from last year and therefore, should be playing to a higher standard. It says it all when we make McGennis look like a world beater. The defending at both goals was a joke.

Positives? There aren't many there from today, although I thought we played some decent stuff going forward...until they scored.

Poor again after a good start and going one up . Defence is so poor , big fraz must be looking to be back in next week . And how many final balls can we send in to no mans land . Win the cup and free fall has happened to so many clubs . New faces to replace May and co a done Faddy , who could not get a club for a reason ? Let me think about that one

It s the way we are losing that is really pissing me off, I do believe that we are like Hibs last year, Players and manager talk in the press smells of the dreaded "we are to good to go down" shite,  Miller,Croft, are examples of players who think something will happen rather lets make it happen or someone else will do it.

also I think Tommy is starting to make rash decisions now, Lappin was putting in a decent cross sometimes I would have left him on. caddis on was never going to change the game, Got go back to basics  Fraz on from the start, Dave back to right Back, Midge in centre Mid field and  McDonald back in as well.

It worked before and by Christ it can not be any worse than at present.      

Utterly pathetic from everyone today. TW needs to stop mewling like the victim here and start ****ing managing, its his side out there putting no effort in, and its his team struggling to complete more than three passes before smashimg the ball aimlessly.

Still no idea why we bought McFadden, all it means is we're stuck with him loitering up front contributing nothing except a few passes.

The two goals we conceded were criminal yet again, our defence needs to wake the f**k up 

We are in desperate need of another centred back. From what I have heard it became apparent pre season, age has pretty much caught up with fraz. Miller at right back is not going to cut it. Don't suppose there is any of the youngsters able to make the step up and get cup tie back out there. The goals we are loosing are criminal

Hope Tommy is working on who he is going to bring in at next transfer window or maybe just work on his tactics or training. At times it looks like the players have never played together before. Contrast that with Hamilton who have just about rebuilt a team & are playing a great passing game.

WE HAVE PROBLEMS & I am not sure Tommy can fix them.

Could've sworn when I said that this would happen I was shot down in a flurry of replies from the high and mighty.

Nice pint of smug juice tonight.

Hope that d*** of a chairman is happy with his trophy as it this rate it'll be a fair few years before we have another. Well maybe the challenge cup next year

Why would you be smug about the team not doing well? That's horrendous.

But nothing has "happened". We're still in two cups - in the QF of one -, still in with a chance of top 6.

I think what might be going on is that Saints have sort of fallen into the mentality of thinking of themselves as a cup side, with league games being a bit boring and a bit beneath us. It's down to TW to sort that out. If RC sort themselves out, there could be trubble at mill come the season's end.

Cheer up. There's always next week. And in a couple of weeks we get to win at Ibroke again.