Cup Final Dvd

sign dave

I guess it's all about your expectations. The sound quality is not like a Sky Sports production on a massive budget. However, the sound quality on my one is not bad at all and I paid £15 to own a permanent reminder of the day. This is something I will keep forever and I'm hugely grateful to Saints for producing these. I wasn't expecting a hugely sophisticated production. One DVD of the game and the other with extras is more than enough for me. The interview with Tommy Wright was excellent. What an incredibly likeable guy he is.

I guess it's all about your expectations. The sound quality is not like a Sky Sports production on a massive budget. However, the sound quality on my one is not bad at all and I paid £15 to own a permanent reminder of the day. This is something I will keep forever and I'm hugely grateful to Saints for producing these. I wasn't expecting a hugely sophisticated production. One DVD of the game and the other with extras is more than enough for me. The interview with Tommy Wright was excellent. What an incredibly likeable guy he is.

His goal celebrations in the semi & final make me smile EVERY time!

The feedback on here really doesn't make me want to buy this now,especially as a gift for someone,if the quality isn't good then that's sad..should be good vision and audio I mean its not rocket science..id love to hear the speeches at the concert hall because on the day I never heard a word?

It's okay.just buy it .the club gets the money and you get to hear about what noose did at Mr cosgroves house party after the cup final.

This is, in my opinion, a poor effort of a DVD given its presumably spent 6 months in production. It appears to be a it of a rush job tbh.

The game itself is the BBC coverage which starts quite suddenly and with no introduction. Not a deal breaker of course but it's pretty amatuer stuff for an official DVD. Even a wee intro from Stuart C would have surely been possible? Perhaps clips of the goals from the previous rounds?

The quality of the game as has been mentioned is pretty poor. A tinny sound that is oddly not present on the superior bootleg version or the YouTube videos.

The extras disc is also a dissapointing affair presentation wise. A blue menu screen with white writing is pretty much it. Again the bootleg version was superior on this front. It's pretty easy to knock up professional looking menu screens on Windows movie maker, the lack of effort here is what's so dissapointing. The actual interviews are pretty good but fairly short.

In summary if you want to support the club then it's obviously worth picking it up. But if you want a quality keepsake of the big day there are better, cheaper options out there (like downloading videos from the clubs own YouTube channel or the so called bootleg DVD).

Charging £15 for a handful of interviews and a poor quality copy of the BBC'S match coverage seems a bit steep for what you actually get.

Not intending to knock the club here, just give my honest opinion of the product and I don't think it's up to scratch personally. Will be interested to hear others views on it.

It could only happen with Saints. Fans moan like god knows what about no DVD coming out and then when it does come out you get the moaners coming on saying it is poor and should be this and should be that.

Have a wee reality check guys Saints are not going to be selling 10 or 20 thousand dvds and once you take the cost of the copyright, production etc then they could not afford to have gone overboard with costs.

Well done to Ross and Co for getting it out by Christmas and at a reasonable price.

It could only happen with Saints. Fans moan like god knows what about no DVD coming out and then when it does come out you get the moaners coming on saying it is poor and should be this and should be that.

Have a wee reality check guys Saints are not going to be selling 10 or 20 thousand dvds and once you take the cost of the copyright, production etc then they could not afford to have gone overboard with costs.

Well done to Ross and Co for getting it out by Christmas and at a reasonable price.

Seen it ms?

People have every right to moan if they feel there is something wrong with it. I personally haven't watched it yet. In the 'Challenge Cup' victory DVD, the quality of the match coverage is decent. If the quality is comparatively very poor in the Scottish Cup DVD, there is every reason not to be entirely satisfied. I look forward to receiving my copy and seeing it for myself.

Aye, posts like this are pretty much why I rarely post in this forum tbh. :/

It's my honest opinion of the DVD. I don't need a reality check and I wasn't expecting a big budget blu Ray standard affair. At the very least for £15 a decent standard copy of the game should be on the disc imo. There is after all a pretty decent copy available to stream for free from YouTube.

I tried to order one online but every time I entered my address then pressed continue the next page had a note telling me to go back and change my address now I would love to change my address to some

exotic island but for now I live in TUKTOYAKTUK so feckin live wie it.

their computers probably thought Tuktoyaktuk this erse is at the windup. :laugh:

I tried to order one online but every time I entered my address then pressed continue the next page had a note telling me to go back and change my address now I would love to change my address to some

exotic island but for now I live in TUKTOYAKTUK so feckin live wie it.

their computers probably thought Tuktoyaktuk this erse is at the windup. :laugh:

Probably we will have retained the Cup by the time one of them old Dakotas chugs up tae ye .!

Hellish when folk who have bought something with the sjfc brand on it find it  to be disappointing and get slated for being a moaning Minnie,we as paying customers are allowed to have our opinion heard ,isn't that what this forum is about.Surely we can expect decent value for any products services bought by hard up loyal fans.

Watched my copy last night, very impressed with the sound quality, played it through my Home Theatre Speakers, it was like being at the game. I did hear that there were only a few copies of this quality and were for "Elite" Saints fans like myself.

Only kidding, saving mine to watch When I'm having my Christmas Dinner