Cup Final Money

glenrothes saintee

And yet large numbers of their fans think there is some conspiracy against them by the SFA! Remember their "march" on Hampden for instance.

£400k can't just go untraced. There has to be some kind of record of it being received. I'd suggest your cynicism is entirely merited here and that there are probably large numbers of similar shenanigans from over the years. The press are too busy perpetuating the Armageddon myth whilst wiping away the tears that they can't report on their favourite game six times a season. Which five teams went bust within a couple of months again?

One of the posters on TSFM is currently pursuing the SFA over Rangers acquisition of Walter Smith in 2008. Apparently there is no trace in the SFA published accounts of the £400k compensation agreed between the parties. The SFA have given assurances that the money was paid, but as yet have failed to produce any documentary evidence. Call me a cynic.......but everyone knew in 2008 that Rangers were in the grubber and Lloyd's would soon arrive to demand SDM get rid of this entity that was dripping money into MIM near Billion £ debt mountain.......a debt mountain that the tax payer had to bail out in 2009. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Gordon Smith, the CE, and Campbell Ogilvie the President, simply forgot to sent the invoice? An honest mistake I'm sure, just as well they can charge 60 sobs a pop to watch a friendly v England to top up the coffers ! Where are the press?

I would also be checking into the amount, if any, compensation given to the sfa by the games for use or compensation for the loss of hampden and where that has gone. I would suggest that if there was any money given that a portion should of gone to offset the cost of parkhead

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

Definitely. If the CG money was not thrown into the pot then the hiring of celtic park for the final has effectively been paid for by saints and utd, and the sfa got their usual cup final income, probably plus a bit more.

We need to quickly knock up a flag like this one, with 'sfa' replacing 'uefa' ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=huRZEF-Ld0k

The FOI Act apparently doesn't apply to them. Someone submitted a request to get information from them in the wake of the increase in ticket prices and Reagan told them it doesn't apply to them as they are not a public body.

I would check the FOI Act on that as I am sure thats a load of bollocks 

The FOI Act apparently doesn't apply to them. Someone submitted a request to get information from them in the wake of the increase in ticket prices and Reagan told them it doesn't apply to them as they are not a public body.

Ta. you would think the member clubs should be able to get the information but I suppose they are just like Fifa.