Lee Croft

David123

Lee Croft Issued with a notice of complaint for his tackle against County which led to their goal on Saturday. It was a bad tackle but no more than a booking. The fact that they scored from the advantage being given should have been enough to see the incident put to bed and if the referee had any competence he'd have booked Croft after the goal.

When you consider the yellow cards for Boyd and Millar recently for similar tackles and the Guidetti blatant dive that they all claim was fine you really do question the competence of these arse holes.

I have a couple a of thoughts about this. It was a late tackle but I didn't think it was worth more than a yellow. It only looked bad when i saw it on TV. The ref was close by and could have red carded him after the goal if he had thought it was that bad, 

However, yet again, the SFA compliance officer takes notice of the BBC. I am quite sure if they had not mentioned it nothing would have been said. I don't think having a compliance officer is a bad idea, but they should look through all the films of the games and make their own decisions. It wouldn't be that hard, just fast forward to each decision. Most of them wouldn't require a second look.

I have a couple a of thoughts about this. It was a late tackle but I didn't think it was worth more than a yellow. It only looked bad when i saw it on TV. The ref was close by and could have red carded him after the goal if he had thought it was that bad,

However, yet again, the SFA compliance officer takes notice of the BBC. I am quite sure if they had not mentioned it nothing would have been said. I don't think having a compliance officer is a bad idea, but they should look through all the films of the games and make their own decisions. It wouldn't be that hard, just fast forward to each decision. Most of them wouldn't require a second look.

If he was going to send him off he's got to stop play immediately-you can't send someone off after playing an advantage.

I thought the ref saw it and played on TBH.

If he was going to send him off he's got to stop play immediately-you can't send someone off after playing an advantage.

I think the ref did see it & played advantage. He could have booked Croft after the goal. I thought the compliance officer only come into the equation if an incident was missed by the ref`.

If he had given him a red would he not have just missed one game ?.

So I am guessing this now sets a precedent for every single tackle or incident that goes unpunished during a game?

wonder how Kenny Miller got away with his assault, how Nicky Law got off scott free for a blatant dive in the box in the same match.

If this was Scott Brown, would he have been served with same notice?

Dangerous ground we now on if this is now common place in our game.

I am pretty sure that as they can book a player once advantage is over, then he can be red carded too. I don't know the rule book, but frankly it is illogical to be able to do one and not the other.

I am pretty sure that as they can book a player once advantage is over, then he can be red carded too. I don't know the rule book, but frankly it is illogical to be able to do one and not the other.

You can book but not send off. What is the player you plan to send off scores before the ball goes dead and you get the red card out? Or clears one off the line? Red cards have to be brought out immediately.

You can book but not send off. What is the player you plan to send off scores before the ball goes dead and you get the red card out? Or clears one off the line? Red cards have to be brought out immediately.

I just googled it and looked at the FIFA guidelines. You are correct, except the referee can play advantage if he thinks a goal will be scored and then issue a red card. Given where Croft was on the pitch that was unlikely. However it does mean that if he considered the tackle merited a yellow he could still show it after the passage of play.

I think the ref did see it & played advantage. He could have booked Croft after the goal. I thought the compliance officer only come into the equation if an incident was missed by the ref`.

If he had given him a red would he not have just missed one game ?.

Yeah I thought he had his arms up playing advantage after it? Which if so then the incident wasn't missed by the ref and I don't understand how they can do this. Maybe I've imagined the advantage though.

Decline the offer; call the ref John Beaton as defence witness and ask him why he played an advantage and why he decided not to show a card for the tackle. Obvious answers County in posession and attacking and after he did not think it was worth a yellow never mind a red.

Sounds like a good idea but SFA rules would not allow it.

I thought sending off`s in cup games meant you missed the next cup game but he has been offered next game against St Mirren & cup game in February.

what if he plays the advantage goes back to book him and its his 2nd yellow?

Joke of a decision, IMO pretty nothing challange, clearly seen by the ref.  Its times like this we really should kick up a Celtic style stink and produce a dossier of similar unpunished incidents. 

If nothing else it might create enought work for someone having to answer these queries that they might think twice about such petty nonsense

And no action taken against any of the 'assailants' at Tynie in the two recent matches there..........what a joke.

They were booked though which proved it was seen by the ref & he took the action he thought appropriatte . It could be argued that Beaton did the same. If we could get the ref to agree with that we would have a case.

can someone with more knowledge than myself confirm that

1. if croft had been sent off at the time would it have been a 1 game ban?

2. that the compliance officer cant get involved if the ref has dealt with it which he clearly did

1. I think it's two because it probably would of been classed as endangering an opponent or serious foul play or whatever they want to call it.

2. I always thought they can only step in if the ref either missed the incident or someone cheated to fool the referee...