'twas Tams

Fair Maid

I had three generations in "Lets Eat" for my mothers 70th birthday. Bill wasn't huge, huge... maybe touching five hundred pounds. We retired from the dining table and went around the fire place. I ordered brandies or malts etc, then told we cannot order anymore drinks as we were not at the table "eating" and were not allowed anymore drinks. Actually, I got told that we could move on to "Christies" next door if we were so much in need. Probably the most embarrasing "nice" meal I ever had. Disgraceful and it had to be Perth.    

I had three generations in "Lets Eat" for my mothers 70th birthday. Bill wasn't huge, huge... maybe touching five hundred pounds. We retired from the dining table and went around the fire place. I ordered brandies or malts etc, then told we cannot order anymore drinks as we were not at the table "eating" and were not allowed anymore drinks. Actually, I got told that we could move on to "Christies" next door if we were so much in need. Probably the most embarrasing "nice" meal I ever had. Disgraceful and it had to be Perth.

Well they don't want to break the rules, if that's what the rules say. Not really their fault although they could have made you aware of this silly setup. I would have been raging at this. Did you ask to go back to the table?

Well they don't want to break the rules, if that's what the rules say. Not really their fault although they could have made you aware of this silly setup. I would have been raging at this. Did you ask to go back to the table?

I think I was so flummoxed that for once I was speechless. Agreed..rules are the rules. But a fvcking embarrasing disgrace. Food was good though ; )

Welcome to Perth.    

Why blame Perth though?

because it happened in perth and perth and kinross council is in perth

also the enforcers the perth police

before the cup final pubs were told they could not open 1 hour earlier

1 pub that i know of sent in a appeal to be told that the police would be checking

i think that was not the case in dundee 

Why blame Perth though?

Because it happened in Perth.

If we had stayed at the table we could have ended our meal with beautiful scotch malts or whatever our fabulous country produces but they just watched us move and then informed us. After spending 500 pounds, it was stay and have coffee or fVck off. It was a few years ago and I still get angry thinking about it. I think it was around 10 or 11 pm. Not exactly the "witching hour".

Because it happened in Perth.

If we had stayed at the table we could have ended our meal with beautiful scotch malts or whatever our fabulous country produces but they just watched us move and then informed us. After spending 500 pounds, it was stay and have coffee or fVck off. It was a few years ago and I still get angry thinking about it. I think it was around 10 or 11 pm. Not exactly the "witching hour".

Its not a Perth only rule though, is it?

• 4 weeks later...

I had three generations in "Lets Eat" for my mothers 70th birthday. Bill wasn't huge, huge... maybe touching five hundred pounds. We retired from the dining table and went around the fire place. I ordered brandies or malts etc, then told we cannot order anymore drinks as we were not at the table "eating" and were not allowed anymore drinks. Actually, I got told that we could move on to "Christies" next door if we were so much in need. Probably the most embarrasing "nice" meal I ever had. Disgraceful and it had to be Perth.

Check Tripadvisor, the owners wife gets some stick on it.

Next time book the Apron Stage at Stanley, the original owners of Let's Eat own it, better food, better hosts

Edited by Paul N Shark