Saints V Ict 20/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Must admit, us being on the end of similar decisions felt this was justified, tho' wasn't screaming penalty .

As the Ref was closer to the action than I was and in fact 100 per cent of those present , he must have had a great view of the incident to give the award.

Thought the Ref. had a good game and alkowed thegame to flow, giving "advantage" when he could have stopped play and awarded free kicks.

Another clean sheet, which in the main was down to Ando and Fraz, tho' others played their part.

Loved Beatons trickery at the corner flag, as they ran the clock down .

Another 3 points. Lets make it another 3 against the A rabs next week.

Coys.

Seated south end of the East Stand it looked like a penalty to me nor did I hear any dissenting voices within earshot.  Once the kick was given most were calling for a red card for the keeper.  If once played over and over slowly it turns out to be a dive then for once in my life I would have sympathy for the ref who has to make a split second call though come to think about it the guy took his time.

As for the red card - come on!  Mick McManus would have been proud of that forearm smash!

Anyone else disappointed by Brian Easton this season? Seeing a left back like shinnie today showed that there is a lot missing from Easton's game.

I'd say Easton had a better game than Shinnie today! Very little gets past him and he offered attacking threat too. Think we are very fortunate to have a player of his consistency in the team. Shinnie is a very good player but don't think he did anything particularly of note today. Even Croft caused him a few problems.

You can see the keeper catches him with his right leg.

I really found it difficult to tell. Need a better and/or different camera angle.

Delighted with the win though. What a turnaround from the slump in October. Would be nice to have some more convincing wins but the lack of goals conceded is impressive.

Graham is safe, there was contact. Still more than made the most of it and the ball was going out of play but technically he's not dived.

Safe my sweet ass..  want a £5 charity bet he gets a tug from the CO??  The keeper does not  touch him at all  Mr Broon. ;-)

For me it's a dive all day long, slight contact or not, as been said ball going out of play and contact (if any although I'm not convinced) does not affect Graham's stride or stop him getting the ball, he did also go down like professional marksman scoped him out!

Honestly half of use sound like caley fans ffs, the keeper made slight contact the red was in the best position to see it amn the ref deemed it a penalty we scored we got 3 points end of. If it was the other way around would be same people pissing an moaning get a grip

Just cause agree was a blatant dive, don't mean I'm no happy with the win or points! The ref prob did have best view but sees it real time and only once and has to make snap decision, some including me seen it few times in slow mo and that is my opinion on it, in this particular case IMO the ref got it wrong and I am happy with that : P but it is something I hope I don see more of from saints players (the diving not the winning)

Why is the 4th or a 5th official not watching the game on a monitor to catch errors, or potential errors if the event leads to a stoppage in play? Rocket science it is not. Watched the Leeds v Forest game where the Ref made 2 poor off side decisions after Forest scored and it would have taken an official watching on a monitor a few seconds to award a goal.