Saints V Ict 20/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Honestly half of use sound like caley fans ffs, the keeper made slight contact the red was in the best position to see it amn the ref deemed it a penalty we scored we got 3 points end of. If it was the other way around would be same people pissing an moaning get a grip

I don't come to Saints games to watch our players try to con a ref.

Sendin off was spot on but when he was arguing with 4th official he shoved him too hope that is noted

I think he was just demonstrating to the 4th official what he claimed he was sent off for. The official didn't seem bothered by it.

But the actual sending off was totally justified, I don't know what Draper was trying to achieve. He had already passed the ball and then inexplicably threw  himself at Lappin. Weird.

I think he was just demonstrating to the 4th official what he claimed he was sent off for. The official didn't seem bothered by it.

But the actual sending off was totally justified, I don't know what Draper was trying to achieve. He had already passed the ball and then inexplicably threw  himself at Lappin. Weird.

Yeah, I think that was the case & Madden just seemed to laugh at him.

For me it's a dive all day long, slight contact or not, as been said ball going out of play and contact (if any although I'm not convinced) does not affect Graham's stride or stop him getting the ball, he did also go down like professional marksman scoped him out!

Any striker that gets contact in the box is going to go down & make the ref make a decision ie booking or pen. I agree it was a dive & he would not have gone down if he was through on goal but the goalie shouldn`t be diving in with his feet so far from goal without getting near the ball.

Will the CO cite him ?. If there wasn`t contact he will .If contact then he can`t.

Any striker that gets contact in the box is going to go down & make the ref make a decision ie booking or pen. I agree it was a dive & he would not have gone down if he was through on goal but the goalie shouldn`t be diving in with his feet so far from goal without getting near the ball.

Will the CO cite him ?. If there wasn`t contact he will .If contact then he can`t.

I know, it just frustrates me. Real bugbear of mine. I believe he should be able to. Despite the contact the keeper did not prevent the player playing the ball, take him out of play or produce a dangerous tackle therefor it’s not a foul and don’t get me wrong, I not hoping Graham banned but if I’m being totally honest I want to see players punished for this kind of thing, just unfortunate in this case was our player.

Sendin off was spot on but when he was arguing with 4th official he shoved him too hope that is noted

I think he was reenacting what he claimed had happened to the Forth Official - Although I didn't look like the Forth Official took to kindly to him doing that. 

For those complaining about Grahams alleged dive. 

Has everyone forgot about the 3 or 4 times the Inverness players dived all across the pitch. 

Doran - ABSOLUTE JOKE. He went down everytime the wind blew.

(Also some slag Croft off for his size. Doran is definitely fatter!)

I'm sure Shinnie went down a few times as well. 

Edited by PerthSeany

From where I was sitting it looked a penalty if a little soft. When a keeper goes in feet first he is giving the ref  a decision to make, I don't particularly like defending refs but they must make their decision in a split second without the help of countless tv replays. The red card was a definite sending off. I thought on the whole at yesterdays match the ref was decent, the Main Stand side linesman though was an absolute joke the only time he made a decision of his own during the whole game was when he stopped the Saints players celebrating with the "massed ranks" of fans at the south end of the Main Stand. Although I couldn't see the East Stand linesman he seemed to have a few dodgy calls as well judging by the reaction of the crowd

Why is the 4th or a 5th official not watching the game on a monitor to catch errors, or potential errors if the event leads to a stoppage in play? Rocket science it is not. Watched the Leeds v Forest game where the Ref made 2 poor off side decisions after Forest scored and it would have taken an official watching on a monitor a few seconds to award a goal.

To be fair Dunc, we've had about half a dozen posters who watched this one on TV and we still don't know.

At the time it was clear the referee intended to book Graham. We all thought it, the players all thought it. You can see the Inverness players practically applauding the referee for it. Then something happens and all of a sudden the referee stops and points to the spot. I agree with the assertion that when a goalkeeper makes a challenge like that, he runs the risk of conceding a penalty and I accept that a striker will always make the most of any contact and give the referee a decision to make in that situation. The keeper didn't cut Graham down though, Graham saw the challenge coming in and just went down. There was no where near enough contact to send him down like that. If he gets banned, he can hardly complain. I'm not going to condone what Graham did when we were so incensed by the Celtic player doing the very same thing to us earlier in the season. I'm also not going to criticise him either.

Playing devils advocate for a moment here, there were a couple of similar incidents in the English premier league last week where two players looked to have blatantly dived to gain an advantage under little or no contact from the opposition players. One was in the middle of the park and the other was in the box. The guys on Goals on Sunday argued it was neither a dive nor a foul but simply the player had anticipated the challenge coming but the opposition player didn't fully follow through so the challenge never properly came. So it appeared that both players dived very theatrically but neither were actually diving. I found it a bit far fetched but Brill did dive in and maybe Graham thought it was going to be a bit harder than it was and was anticipating that.

Still no penalty for me though.

I was opposite the 18yd box in the East stand. While it was a soft penalty, there was contact. Actually I was wondering which one of Shinnie or Doran was Tom Daley in disguise so ICT have no cause to complain. Thought the red card was a bit harsh, ref overall had a crap game. Still 3pts again and over the piece we were worth them I thought.

Dive or not it evened up the one on O'Halloran in the first half.That was a stonewaller.

Still not seen the highlights yet but my initial reaction was possible foul but big G made to much of it.

Overall we deserved the victory, be a shame if it wasn't a penalty but you know what, we'll be on the wrong end of a decision like that again in the future, like we have in the past.

Is diving in the box any better than elsewhere on the park cause Shinnie and Doran drop like fleas, with or without contact.

As for Caley, for the umpteenth time I fail to see why they are always up the top end of the league. Poor team with pish tactics, but must be efficient if nothing else.

Having just watched the highlights, and assuming that is the only camera angle available, then there is no way he can be done as you can not see it there was any contact or not (despite the impression of a dying swan).

As for the sending off, that deserves an extra couple of games for thuggery and he might get a gig at St Midden with tactics like that.