Saints V Ict 20/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Saintee4life I cant agree on that one. If I am aiming at the dugouts and someone is coming at me from 45 degrees why on earth do I put my shoulder in to ward them. You see his reaction as soon as he did it he knew he was stupid.

I only had the benefit of TV pictures, you would have it as it happened and TV so have to respect your call. From tv pictures I still think it was harsh

Saintee4life I think it was probably one of those that 5 refs out of 10 would give it a yellow and 5 might send him off.

As soon as it happened on Saturday I thought he was off. Who would be a ref :)

well as has been said many a time they have a split second to make a decision and have to go with it no tv replays from 5 different angles for them. Your 5 from 10 probably sums it up as good as any

Was Borrigter's a pen as well then?

nope .

dirk waited about 2hrs after the minimal contact took a step then flung himself in the air. 

BG went down as soon as he was touched all be it theatrical. there are plenty of players who get fouled in the box who can stay on there feet but know the ref wont have the balls to give it unless he ends up on the ground

Don't think the tackle on MOH in the box was even two footed. Draper leads with one foot with the other slightly behind him. It was an excellent if brave tackle considering it was in the box and could so easily have gone wrong. You can tell by the lack of reaction from anyone, including MOH that there was nothing wrong with it.

im crap with technology but if you pause it the second he jumps in he has 2feet off the ground and could have caused serious damage to MOH. if draper made contact with the ball then the speed he was going at it surely would have went out for a corner?

nope .

dirk waited about 2hrs after the minimal contact took a step then flung himself in the air.

BG went down as soon as he was touched all be it theatrical. there are plenty of players who get fouled in the box who can stay on there feet but know the ref wont have the balls to give it unless he ends up on the ground

Graham wasn't fouled in the box that's the problem, contact or not there was no foul.

You're going right, people don't honestly believe that Graham didn't dive do they? It's about as clear a dive as you'll ever see. Plus as well as that I'm seeing a lot of very, very hypocritical saints fans.

He cheated, deal with that, I'm not happy about it, but I'm sure Tommy will be having a word. I'd rather draw honestly than lose by cheating to be perfectly frank. If he does it again I'd be punting him straight back to United. It's funny how Pawlett got lambasted on here for diving, but not Graham to the same extent!

In the Sunday Mail " Less than 3000 for two sides in the top six of the premiership. Desperately poor attendance for both groups of players who are deserving of better"

Partick v Dundee 3,203

Ross County v Hamilton 2,966

Saints v ICT 2,2891

St.Mirren v Well 3,909

I'm sorry but all the attendances were pretty poor but to highlight just the crowd at our game. What happened to the huge travelling Dundee support and the hotbed of footballing communities Paisley and Motherwell

Definitely a sending off.

Draper had been knocked out of his stride a few times previously and even resorted to diving to the ground.

While he appeared to be defending

himself from the impending collision with Lappin, Lappin did not go into the tackle forcefully, resulting in Draper making a forward lunge to leave his calling card on Lappin.

To be fair to Lappin, he did not milk the situation.

While it is no surprise to see the 'offer' of a two match ban, it seems to me that these situations only come up if they are highlighted on TV.

As I think others mentioned, what about the 'challenge' near the end of the game at the corner flag? Ok, no bearing on the game itself, but it should be a rule that covers all, not just as it seems at the moment where they pick and choose which one they wish to bring up.

Just to edit...seeing the challenge on OH above....Does the player not have to be in 'control' of themselves when they make that type of challenge...didn't appear to be the case, although I thought he got the ball. Was that Draper? if so maybe they let it go as he managed to get himself sent off anyway.

Edited by MrBored

Firstly, let me thank you for the kind words, obviously I'm only trying to do my job and to make the Scottish game one that is free of cheating and poor sportsmanship.

A few points. Yes I read all the forums as part of my job, it's one of the ways I identify potential punishable incidents.

Secondly, I wasn't sure if I should ban Brian Graham, I was in two minds, but the honest opinions of St Johnstone fans swayed me.

I've not had a response yet from your club, I would hope that they act with dignity, it's not always the case with SPFL clubs.

I hope that you can understand my reasoning behind the ban. I for one don't want to see players miss games, but I cannot ignore the issues within the game. I hope that you'll continue to support my attempted clean up of the Scottish game.

Feel free to ask me anything that you need clarified, I'm always happy to back up my decisions.

Yours truly,

The Compliance Officer

Firstly, let me thank you for the kind words, obviously I'm only trying to do my job and to make the Scottish game one that is free of cheating and poor sportsmanship.

A few points. Yes I read all the forums as part of my job, it's one of the ways I identify potential punishable incidents.

Secondly, I wasn't sure if I should ban Brian Graham, I was in two minds, but the honest opinions of St Johnstone fans swayed me.

I've not had a response yet from your club, I would hope that they act with dignity, it's not always the case with SPFL clubs.

I hope that you can understand my reasoning behind the ban. I for one don't want to see players miss games, but I cannot ignore the issues within the game. I hope that you'll continue to support my attempted clean up of the Scottish game.

Feel free to ask me anything that you need clarified, I'm always happy to back up my decisions.

Yours truly,

The Compliance Officer

Great bants, won't read again.