Saints V Dundee United 27/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Smarmy

Watched your team last week and you were lucky not to get a pummelling.

Your team is one of the best at hitting teams on the counter attack. But with the skill that they have they should be taking the game to teams more. Today you never put Mannus under much pressure.

Your goal was well taken but hardly a master piece.

We did well today and deserved the 3 points great to see Mdge getting the goal/

Edited by mainstand

How good was that? Great performance by the boys to turn it around. Was a bit worried going into today but yet again Saints came up with the goods. This has been one amazing year with so many memories but Millar scoring a fabulous goal to defeat United ended 2014 on one he'll of a high, six straight wins, fantastic stuff. Defensively looking very good, settled side also seems to be helping. Wright and Anderson have been wonderful in recent weeks. The joy on Midge's face when he netted was testament to the great spirit running through the team

For anyone who missed the Alba highlights, here is the youtube highlights run through a Netherlands server, for some reason they are unavailable to watch in this country until they officially get put up at 6 the day after the games but they upload the highlights for overseas countrys on the day. Madness. Anyway, enjoy.

https://nl.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I8uso5oPTZNy3j2okjtKOwgJIcnqljvoM2cd0IRHLsXYg%3D%3D&bit=1

To be honest after the first 60 minutes I never thought we'd score in a month of Sundays. The turnaround in the last 30 minutes was fantastic, especially considering we didn't have any attacking subs to freshen things up.

Millar was again outstanding. He's had a blinder of a season. Super goal to cap his day off.

I'll be honest and say I thought this may of been a season too far for Frazer Wright, but he put in another cracking display. Cifti is a really good player- strong, pacey and skilful, but Wright just has his number. Any time Cifti is near Wright, I'm confident he will be dealt with. Wright and Anderson are continuing to be a really strong partnership.

Having MacLean back is also a major boost. 90 minutes in his first game back is a credit to his fitness and attitude.

My only negative would be Lappin. I just don't think he's particularly good. It was his slack pass that lost the ball in build up to the goal and then again he gave away chances by slack passes. Would like to see an improvement in him.

As for United- I felt they played some nice stuff, with Erskine particularly impressing and keep possession. They just didn't seem to have the final defence splitting pass and our defence seemed to cope with most of what was thrown at us (or passed at us!

Best Christmas entertainment beats everything else. Delighted with the overall performance. Defence and Millar(MOM) they were all outstanding. Croft also deserves a special mention as most of our play came down the right. I still believe MOH is waisted out wide left. I believe he would be better behind the striker making runs through the middle. Apart for three or four good runs down the wing with a shot and crosses he was not in the game. (And the GOAL). Heard TW shouting at him to stay wide when he came looking for the ball. But 7 goals so far from the left wing I will take that Ho ho ho.COYS

Gonna be interesting to see how Fadden and Graham partner Maclean, hope to god we don't have a 4-5-1 when all three are fit.

I couldn't care less what formation we use if we keep winning.  Surely Tommy has earned the right to pick whatever team he likes by now.

Brilliant effort from Saints. Our defence is immense. Our players just don't know they're beaten. Second half I would have been happy with a draw, but not this team.

Very subdued atmosphere from both supports; don't know if it was the cold, but a big crowd, both teams going well and a Christmas game I'd usually expect it to be rocking. They sung a bit after their goal and saints fans came to life a bit at the end but up til then thought it was very quiet.

Who knows where this run will take us, and with some real attacking options to add to one of the best defences in the league, exciting few games ahead...

So pleased I travelled up for the game. When United scored just before half time, I thought this would become the antithesis of the cup final. But no, Saints showed the determination and professionalism to turn the game round. Well done Saints and lots to be optimistic about for 2015.

TW truly has the indian sign over jmac...funny I noticed Jackson moaning all the time at the 4th official but only after we had equalised...he never said a word up til then...there are so bad losers,they once again thought theyd win easily cos theyd beaten celtic ...utds trouble is that they believe there own hype and come a cropper everytime.[not a roy]?

Effin gutted, did the hard part last week, had the game won today....if only Spittal tucks away the easiest chance of the game....ended up losing to a pedestrian saints side....gutted!

Still hand it to TW, has the sign over JMac, who once again fails to make the obvious changes! Gutted!

Say's it all realy "did the hard part last week" make's yesterdays win even better when folk take 3 points for granted when they come visiting Perth,nae luck mate.

Effin gutted, did the hard part last week, had the game won today....if only Spittal tucks away the easiest chance of the game....ended up losing to a pedestrian saints side....gutted!

Still hand it to TW, has the sign over JMac, who once again fails to make the obvious changes! Gutted!

I would argue that for Ratnamara's UTD beating Saints IS the hard part.