Turkey Or Something Else For Christmas Day ?

AthensSaint

Mate of mine posted a picture of his Christmas lunch on facebook. Steak Pie, Turkey, Roasted tatties, Mash, vegetables, gravy, Xmas- pudding: The works. And then in the corner, a small lonely pack of ready-made macaroni for his jumped up girlfriend who refuses to eat anything but cheesy pasta or chips and cheese.

I really fail to understand fussy eaters.

Jumped up girlfriend?  Really?

Not sure what you think is classy, but anyone who only eats cheesy pasta out of a box sounds like a real pikey to me.

Then again, anyone who enjoys turkey, let alone have the audacity to serve it to guests, obviously has no tastebuds. The cardboard holding the kids chrimbo pressies probably has more flavour, and more nutrional content.

. And then in the corner, a small lonely pack of ready-made macaroni for his jumped up girlfriend who refuses to eat anything but cheesy pasta or chips and cheese.

What's a pikey?

in this case, someone who thinks packet macaroni is a meal, or someone who thinks their girlfriend is "jumped up" because they think packet macaroni is "jumped up".

Something as sophisticated as liking steak pie could never be beyond ridicule, hmm wish id been at yours for xmas dindins, bet the lambrini was in full flow

Smoked salmon with prawns, served with a cucumber pickle for starter.

Roast leg of lamb, roasters, Yorkshire pud, carrots and sprouts for the boss.

Some fancy dessert out of marries.

We haven't had Turkey for years.

Good off you to invite the boss you brown Noser. Edited by john.w