Aberdeen V Saints 1/1/15

The ghost of Jim Morton

Just hope we do not go too defencive. We lose so much when our wingers play more in defence and are reluctant to go forward because of their defensive duties. Seen it too often especially with O'Halloran, he rarely gets into the opposition box because he does not want to be caught out too far forward. With his goal scoring record in the past 6 or 7 games we need him in their penalty area.

Big game for both sides. It's the norm for sides on a good run and a chance to pressure celtic to bottle it so far this season - Hopefully aberdeen continue that trend. Keep it tight early, they will have a massive crowd there, full of part timers who will be thinking it's "only st johnstone" and so might be quick to get on their team's back if they're not winning comfortably.

A draw would be a decent result, a win would be brilliant. We are a team with great character and spirit and are really hard to beat just now.. I'm sure Tommy will have the players confident going into this one.

Inverness two weeks ago were 2nd. We beat them, 3 points bagged . United the following game were second and we beat them, 3 points bagged. Aberdeen are currently 2nd.... sure there is a pattern there somewhete... do all we can to take 3 points to pull closer to being the 2nd best team in Scotland!

Edited by Dave H

Inverness two weeks ago were 2nd. We beat them, 3 points bagged . United the following game were second and we beat them, 3 points bagged. Aberdeen are currently 2nd.... sure there is a pattern there somewhete... do all we can to take 3 points to pull closer to being the 2nd best team in Scotland!

Honestly can't see a pattern here but then maths wasn't my strong point :laugh:

I'm actually more confident going into this than I was the UTD game. 

Aberdeen are 'famous' (haha) for talking up games and failing to deliver. Even when they won the diddy cup, they didn't perform and had to scrape it in the worst penalty shoot out ever. 

They'll be so obsessed with their chance to go top and dreams of a title challenge that they'll underestimate us (again). 

Fair play to anyone travelling up for this game, recon you'll enjoy a narrow Saints victory. 

Nothing to fear going into this game...let Aberdeen believe their own hype..their fans are probably the most exciteable in Scotland and tbh I haven't seen them play well yet,they win games but I wouldn't say theyre on fire far from it..saying that del will have them grounded for this one ...take a draw in front of a big crowd.

Already there are quotes coming in from all over the place saying Aberdeen can push Celtic all the way.  This is good for Saints as it puts pressure on the Dons to go top of the league for a short time.

With both teams on an impressive run of victories, this should get a good deal of media coverage, with Saints as the underdogs, so more pressure on the home team.

Saints need to make the most of this pressure and not let them dominate the game early on.

It may just come down to which team has the worst hangovers from the night before, so TW should instruct all players to be in bed by 10pm with a cup of Horlicks!

Already there are quotes coming in from all over the place saying Aberdeen can push Celtic all the way.  This is good for Saints as it puts pressure on the Dons to go top of the league for a short time.

With both teams on an impressive run of victories, this should get a good deal of media coverage, with Saints as the underdogs, so more pressure on the home team.

Saints need to make the most of this pressure and not let them dominate the game early on.

It may just come down to which team has the worst hangovers from the night before, so TW should instruct all players to be in bed by 10pm with a cup of Horlicks!

2 pages in the paper today on how they can push Celtic. Pressure is on them not to disappoint their fans. Saints will not get a mention which I hope can fire them up.

We beat them in the cup & earlier this season so hopefully that can give them the faith.

Just phoned to pre order tickets , I was told tickets for the away section are the same on the day !!!!

Anyone taking kids - massive savings on Advanced Purchase Tickets.

There's a saving on Adult tickets as well but it's much more significant for kids tickets.

Buy wise!

Abernethy, as this game is next month, the result here should have no bearing on December Manager of the Month. Personally couldn't care whether its given to Del. The media embarrassed themselves awarding him manager of the year too early last year and would love to see same result again. With our budget everyone knows who the real manager is!!! COYS!