Steven Gerrard

Nuggets

and yet still no proof.... 3 times asked, 3 abusive posts. if you actually had an original idea, youd probably be dangerous. Stick with the bad spelling and grammar, as your ability to explain any of your posts is akin to a 12 year old

have a look yourself am ****ed if I'm doing it for you, I know it's there your disputing it so get off your arse and find it

and yet still no proof.... 3 times asked, 3 abusive posts. if you actually had an original idea, youd probably be dangerous. Stick with the bad spelling and grammar, as your ability to explain any of your posts is akin to a 12 year old

a comment like that in the street would end u with a sore jaw, so kindly refrain

Keyboard warriors on the rampage?!!?

Back on topic. I have a strong hatred towards Liverpool with being a blue but he is the second best player Liverpool have ever had and I think it's weird that they won't be offering him a new contract or some sort of developmental role as a player coach. His wealth of experience over the years would surely be an asset to an mediocre Liverpool side.

On the more positive side, think we should offer him a couple grand a week. It helped for another English internationalist a few years ago.

a comment like that in the street would end u with a sore jaw, so kindly refrain

and now its physical threats.

really?

you post your views and when challenged to back them up with any kind of validity, you resort to threats.

we're not in the playground anymore, show a bit of maturity.

(i didnt understand your other previous post, i think your anger managment classes may have let down your mashing of the keyboard)

I really don't get people bashing Gerrard for his loyalty. I keep hearing things such as "it was detrimental to his career"- but was it really!?

He earned millions of pounds, played with world class players, won several trophies (including the Champions League in one of the greatest finals ever seen), represented his country countless times in major tournaments and most importantly was able to fulfill every boys dream- play for his club.

He has built legendary status at Liverpool. That's something that will never be taken away from him now- sure he may have moved and there could of been a few extra titles- but the love and admiration of your local community for years to come is surely worth something more than medals and cups? It is to me anyway.

There's many a player that has won countless titles, who will have the medals sat in their home, that are forgotten about very quickly after they hang their boots up.

basically who give a fcuk about him, might of won a league title, if he had the balls to move to a better club.

I'm not a fan of Gerrard but I think that's really harsh. He's stuck with the club he's happy playing for and he's remained loyal to them his whole career - if Saints had a player who did that, and turned down moves to potential title-winning clubs along the way, we'd all love him him for it. I sometimes think some footballers are too quick to assume that the grass is always greener on the other side, or that a move for more money will automatically improve their career (Liam Craig is one who springs to mind for me). I don't think there's any shame in staying where you're happy and settled.

I'm not a fan of Gerrard but I think that's really harsh. He's stuck with the club he's happy playing for and he's remained loyal to them his whole career - if Saints had a player who did that, and turned down moves to potential title-winning clubs along the way, we'd all love him him for it. I sometimes think some footballers are too quick to assume that the grass is always greener on the other side, or that a move for more money will automatically improve their career (Liam Craig is one who springs to mind for me). I don't think there's any shame in staying where you're happy and settled.

Thats the problem Players / Managers always think the grass is always greener, never happy with what they have got

Wow, it took you 24 hours to find a couple of online posts. The latter from the Standard when it was part of Assoc News in 05 aka the Daily Mail ( THE hotbed of journalistic integrity), the former from some unknown american website that thinks Gerrard and Lampard would have made the best midfield partnership ever, despite their countless appearances together for England which proved the opposite.

Did you even read the stories, or just post the links?

Wow, it took you 24 hours to find a couple of online posts. The latter from the Standard when it was part of Assoc News in 05 aka the Daily Mail ( THE hotbed of journalistic integrity), the former from some unknown american website that thinks Gerrard and Lampard would have made the best midfield partnership ever, despite their countless appearances together for England which proved the opposite.

Did you even read the stories, or just post the links?

your point is? Seems whatever is put infront of you is never correct

..'king hell. i thought you were about 12 but your profile lists you as being 47!

You really dont read the links you post. To back up your view Gerrard WAS leaving liverpool. you post another article,which quotes"Gerrard claims he never really wanted to swap Anfield for Stamford Bridge and the transfer request was a means of forcing Liverpool to show their love for him"

Worst kept secret in football? Seems it was even kept from the player himself!

He's obviously going to claim he never handed in a transfer request after hurriedly retracting it. But hey ofcourse all these people are wrong and you Mr know it all will be correct. Oh and you havnt produced any evidence yet that it was merely papertalk

Edited by saintee4life

He's obviously going to claim he never handed in a transfer request after hurriedly retracting it. But hey ofcourse all these people are wrong and you Mr know it all will be correct. Oh and you havnt produced any evidence yet that it was merely papertalk

Do you understand the concept of burden of proof?

Let me explain it in a simple fashion, despite what you read, hear, think, are told through a medium from your dead granny, until you can categorically prove something, it is simply heresay. Thats why it is so simple to shoot down your "argument".

I dont have anything to prove, if you are stating fact, the burden is on you to back that up with facts, not the odd newspaper article.or dodgy website.

Gerrard was sgning for chelsea, FatSally was a good manager, coagies dont wash (although i must admit to believing the latter) are all equally arguable positions.

Im starting to prefer when you were angry and physically threatening, rather than having to point out schoolboy errors in your logic.

Should your profile actually read 4 - 7 ?

Do you understand the concept of burden of proof?

Let me explain it in a simple fashion, despite what you read, hear, think, are told through a medium from your dead granny, until you can categorically prove something, it is simply heresay. Thats why it is so simple to shoot down your "argument".

I dont have anything to prove, if you are stating fact, the burden is on you to back that up with facts, not the odd newspaper article.or dodgy website.

Gerrard was sgning for chelsea, FatSally was a good manager, coagies dont wash (although i must admit to believing the latter) are all equally arguable positions.

Im starting to prefer when you were angry and physically threatening, rather than having to point out schoolboy errors in your logic.

Should your profile actually read 4 - 7 ?

:-D:-D:-D

Well, unlike most posters on this subject I actually value SG as a top player, world class. Anyway, who are we to criticise a player of his ability as to why he has made the choices he has. I think he has been the best player Liverpool have ever had. He is a legend for the club he supported all his years and I for one would've given my right hand to be a legend for Saints. Unfortunately I'm s#ite at fitbaw so that wasn't going to happen.

It seems to me that LFC fans will continue to love SG, Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea etc fans will continue to hate him. Whether he moves at the end of season or not doesn't really change anything but those that dislike him will continue to use anything about his career to try and justify their dislike and belittle his achievements, regardless of whether it is logical or not. I really don't think it is logical to say that because he hasn't won a league title he isn't a great player. (As was pointed out in, I think, the Times at the weekend, this would mean that Nat Lofthouse and Stanley Matthews weren't great players either). Of course 'greatness' is subjective, but those who don't like SG should just continue to dislike him without making up arbitrary criteria for greatness - it makes them look churlish. Most sensible observers of football, regardless of their own prejudices, recognise that SG has made an immense contribution to LFC and England.

• 4 months later...