Infrastructure

St Mikey

Guest ScottMann

It's certainly a very Saints thing to do but it was an SPFL game held at McDiarmid. Would they not have been in charge of all arrangements with Saints just doing as they were asked to?

6 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

It's certainly a very Saints thing to do but it was an SPFL game held at McDiarmid. Would they not have been in charge of all arrangements with Saints just doing as they were asked to?

I’d have assumed that Saints would sell hospitality and food etc and keep the profits (or at least some share of). The money from the parking alone would have netted the club a few bob.

Obviously, with the age the stadium now is, maintenance is becoming a bigger issue, so maybe the club is going to do things such as food kiosks at the same time they have to do more essential/substantial maintenance. 

Guest ScottMann
2 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I’d have assumed that Saints would sell hospitality and food etc and keep the profits (or at least some share of). The money from the parking alone would have netted the club a few bob.

Obviously, with the age the stadium now is, maintenance is becoming a bigger issue, so maybe the club is going to do things such as food kiosks at the same time they have to do more essential/substantial maintenance. 

That may well be the case YB but you'd think that the SPFL would ensure their subcontractor was working to the spec they were given. 

On the infrastructure, I liked the tv view from the East Stand. Thought the Main stand looked good apart from the dugouts. They looked so dated. Sod resurfacing the car park...get the car seats installed. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

That may well be the case YB but you'd think that the SPFL would ensure their subcontractor was working to the spec they were given. 

On the infrastructure, I liked the tv view from the East Stand. Thought the Main stand looked good apart from the dugouts. They looked so dated. Sod resurfacing the car park...get the car seats installed. :laugh:

Totally agree. Looks much better from the east. Thought that when saw a Scotland u21 game online.

Would make the atmosphere sound a bit better on tv too.

While we are at it, I’d get rid of the yellow and red seats and have all blue. Could do what Aberdeen do and anytime a seat needs replacing, then we put in a blue one (they replace the yellow ones with red).

Guest ScottMann
2 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Totally agree. Looks much better from the east. Thought that when saw a Scotland u21 game online.

Would make the atmosphere sound a bit better on tv too.

While we are at it, I’d get rid of the yellow and red seats and have all blue. Could do what Aberdeen do and anytime a seat needs replacing, then we put in a blue one (they replace the yellow ones with red).

Thought that about the atmosphere too. We'd need a new gantry but if cameras were above the noisier East it would sound better, even allowing for the tv companies volume controls being set down at 2 or 3 as per usual!

All blue with a decent St Johnstone, Perth Saints or Saints in white would look great but solid looks bad with loads of empty seats. Agree we need the speckled effect certainly in the areas that rarely get used.

49 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Every home league game is an SPFL game held at McDiarmid.. 

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, TheYellowBox said:

Shouldn’t be that difficult to judge as the game was all ticket. Suspect the club must have some sort of general rule of thumb such as 10 pies per 100 fans or something like that.

On the catering, which I think is generally pretty good, I assume the club must be planning to upgrade them some point soon? The soft drinks are just cans poured into cups and while essentially the same product, is a bit amateurish and must be costing the club. The syrup and kit is cheep as chips compared the buying in cans, even at wholesale/bulk costs.

Yes it is cheaper with the syrup kit instead of cans but beware the drawback is the time element in pouring the fizzy drinks from a dispenser, it takes ages at Tannadice for them to fill one of the cups as they have to wait for it to die down before filling it up to the top. I am happy enough with a can.

1 hour ago, Jad said:

Yes it is cheaper with the syrup kit instead of cans but beware the drawback is the time element in pouring the fizzy drinks from a dispenser, it takes ages at Tannadice for them to fill one of the cups as they have to wait for it to die down before filling it up to the top. I am happy enough with a can.

Diet Coke is the worst for that, the rest shouldn't add that much time on.

Guest ScottMann
21 hours ago, jhq said:

Nothing pedantic about my post mate. Doesn't matter where you place cameras, it's microphones that pick up noise and therefore atmosphere. 

There was more than one hence my comment. The cameras/cameras has alway been the expression for tv coverage. I've never heard 'were the cameras and microphones at the game?' in all my football following years.