Infrastructure

St Mikey

You think to yourself, ahh I would like an alcoholic beverage, only to then remeber that the powers that be dont trust you to have a couple of pints, yet in the same stadium the Chairmen, directors and fat cats ply themselves with alcohol.

Look at our recent game against Aberdeen at Pitoddrie.

Heard that Stevie and his pals had a grand old time plying themselves with booze at Pittodrie while watching our fans be treated like criminals from their seats in the directors box. Except Roddy as he was the designated driver.

Was a right good jolly boys outing.

If he was any sort of man he would have been straight up to the police control box when the match commander decided to be an awkward **** and punish our fans for the actions of g4s. Probably to busy dreaming about his next drink though.

At least there were no first team players sitting in the stand........................

The alcohol argument for me is not about the fans that go, I know personally that trying to talk casual fans in to coming would be a lot easier if I could say that we can get beers there. There's no doubt in my mind that selling alcohol in grounds would increase the attendances.

I don't drink but wouldn't mind seeing alcohol sold at games again. It wouldn't be like it used to be, it would only be allowed to be drunk on the concourse and you wouldn't be allowed to bring it back to your seat. What's the problem with that? The stadium isn't going to be full of steaming drunks if that was the rule. Anything to enhance fan experience.

The alcohol argument for me is not about the fans that go, I know personally that trying to talk casual fans in to coming would be a lot easier if I could say that we can get beers there. There's no doubt in my mind that selling alcohol in grounds would increase the attendances.

The way I think it would improve things is the atmosphere pre match at grounds. 

In Scotland people generally wait till the last minute to go near the ground because its morbid.  

I've been to games in England where ive gone into a ground and underneath the stand is packed full of people hanging around and chilling having a beer. 

Its not the fact there's alcohol. It just becomes more of social event. 

I go to a lot of rugby matches at Murrayfield as well as watching the Saints. All around Murrayfield there is entertainment, food of all kinds, drinks of all kinds and very happy punters of all kinds. Pre match there is entertainment and fireworks to build up the crowd. Half time entertainment that makes you grudge leaving to get another pint. AND until very recently, the rugby on show was pretty pants and people still attended to watch the entire show.

I'm obviously not suggesting that Saints do ALL of this because it's expensive BUT surely we can do more than having a few small children taking shots at an even smaller child in full size goals and if we're REALLY lucky we get to wave at Eve Muirhead. I always like waving at Eve Muirhead, don't get me wrong....

At least we get a good pipe band on Europa League nights unlike the homeless buskers that play at Scotland games but that's another rant altogether.

Edited by Highland Saintee

I agree with the idea of making a match day experience better, but....no amount of Pipe Bands, Hot Pies or Cold Beers will significatly increase our crowds.  My decision to go to the game isn't based on any of that.

Cheaper Football and Summer Football....easy peasy.

Edited by Papa Jack

With the world Cup in Qatar being moved it might see some of our season played over the summer period as one of the ideas for that is to take a break through the season for the World Cup which would then obviously delay the ending of the season. 

It might give some idea if summer football would improve crowds. 

Edited by PerthSeany

Exactly. I don`t know what the debate is about. Does anyone really need a drink  between 2.30 & 5pm ?.

Not personally but like it has been pointed out, it may sway a lot of casual fans into going instead of heading to the pub. I aim to arrive between 2.50 and 2.55 for a 3pm kick off, if there was beer available i'd probably go for a pint or two before hand. At maybe £3.50 a pint, you wouldn't need thousands of extras turning up to see a decent return (although I have no idea how much overheads etc. are for setting this kind of thing up). And I haven't been in the Muirton suite since the Eses game which showed that its almost impossible to get served within half an hour if theres a slightly larger than average crowd. 

Maybe we should have a hour long half time to accommodate the want of a drink because I don`t want guys making me get up to let them past with a pint in their hand during a game.

Petty. What's the difference between that and having to stand up to let people past with juices, coffees, pies etc? It would obviously be contained to an area and not actually allowed in the seats anyway

Muirton Suite is open to anyone, including away fans and is excellent for pre match pint. The Eses game was fairly unique circumstance, it's normally pretty easy to get a drink now and it's certainly improved from previous years.

Stovies are top class too.

Muirton Suite is open to anyone, including away fans and is excellent for pre match pint. The Eses game was fairly unique circumstance, it's normally pretty easy to get a drink now and it's certainly improved from previous years.

Stovies are top class too.

It's a fecking nightmare getting a pint in there.