Infrastructure

St Mikey

I think some folk are making assumptions about how things would work, At the rugby fans are allowed to take drink to their seats.

I have noticed that in some grounds down south it is restricted to under the stand. Really don't see how you would stop it being drunk in the stand. pour it into a coke cup and off you go.

Some folk are bad enough at games without a drink,

I think some folk are making assumptions about how things would work, At the rugby fans are allowed to take drink to their seats.

I have noticed that in some grounds down south it is restricted to under the stand. Really don't see how you would stop it being drunk in the stand. pour it into a coke cup and off you go.

Some folk are bad enough at games without a drink,

So buy a beer, buy a coke, drink the coke, wash out the cup, pour beer in cup, drink remaining beer in pint glass. Lot of effort to get half a pint out in the stand. Just wouldn't happen.

Summer football ? nah I was in Lucerne and it was so hot you couldn't sit on the seats :laugh:

I never noticed seats in our "hell" section. I mean maybe that's why Aberdeen kept us back so much. Must've thought see those nice Swiss fellars needed to put changes and fencing up to keep the rabid fermer supporters in. L o l.

I'd like to see the club get warm air jets in the stand for the winter. I lost two toes to frostbite against Hamilton.

People can drink at the rugby, cricket and concerts and there is very little trouble, yet people think that there is suddenly going to be a mass outbreak of violence if football supporters are suddenly allowed a pint at the game? Nonsense.

The way it works in England is that people can purchase alcohol (usually low alcohol lager, cider or wine - no spirits) up to 15 minutes before the game starts, then again at half time. As HSF said, people are not allowed to take the drink to their seats. It would provide a significant income boosts to club as not only would they make income from the sales, the league would also likely attract a sponsor from the alcohol industry (so that they their produce would only be sold), which again the clubs would benefit from.

Muirton Suite is open to anyone, including away fans and is excellent for pre match pint. The Eses game was fairly unique circumstance, it's normally pretty easy to get a drink now and it's certainly improved from previous years.

Stovies are top class too.

Not been in much this season, but apart from games against the likes of Ross County and ICT, last season was a nightmare to get served. In fact there were occassions whereby I had to queue outside for 15/20 minutes to even get in! It has improved greatly from a few years ago, but the lay out is terrible inside and the draught beer was always flat.

People can drink at the rugby, cricket and concerts and there is very little trouble, yet people think that there is suddenly going to be a mass outbreak of violence if football supporters are suddenly allowed a pint at the game? Nonsense.

The way it works in England is that people can purchase alcohol (usually low alcohol lager, cider or wine - no spirits) up to 15 minutes before the game starts, then again at half time. As HSF said, people are not allowed to take the drink to their seats. It would provide a significant income boosts to club as not only would they make income from the sales, the league would also likely attract a sponsor from the alcohol industry (so that they their produce would only be sold), which again the clubs would benefit from.

Aitchy, i think history has proved that football fans are very different from fans of other sports.

Its bad enough trying to get a pie and bovril at half time never mind trying to get a non alcohol drink. Why would anyone want a non alcohol drink anyway.

Not been in much this season, but apart from games against the likes of Ross County and ICT, last season was a nightmare to get served. In fact there were occassions whereby I had to queue outside for 15/20 minutes to even get in! It has improved greatly from a few years ago, but the lay out is terrible inside and the draught beer was always flat.

I'm only in fairly sporadically so have maybe just been lucky depending on the opposition. It was fine for the Luzern game though when busy, they had a bottle bar on the go which was good idea.

Not perfect but think it's good that we have it. You are right about the flat beer though......

Aitchy, i think history has proved that football fans are very different from fans of other sports.

Yes, history, History was the 1970's/80's, once football hooliganism was rife and stadiums were not all seated

Football has changed massively since then.

Yes, history, History was the 1970's/80's, once football hooliganism was rife and stadiums were not all seated

Football has changed massively since then.

I give you the centenary suite in Dundee 2 weeks ago. Any advance.

Not sure if I got the name right  :oops: .

Edited by Cagey

I give you the centenary suite in Dundee 2 weeks ago. Any advance.

Not sure if I got the name right  :oops: .

That point is not relevant to this discussion. I am talking about football clubs selling alcohol within the confines of their own stadium. Football clubs cant control what supporters do outwith the confines of the stadium.

And in regards to the incident with the Aberdeen fans in the Ambasasador bar (Formerly Centenary), that was the fault of the landlord. Bar staff were selling people crates of lager and there was no door staff present.

If football clubs were to sell alcohol, it would be very strictly controlled.

That point is not relevant to this discussion. I am talking about football clubs selling alcohol within the confines of their own stadium. Football clubs cant control what supporters do outwith the confines of the stadium.

No you are making out football fans are not the morons they used to be. I give you the young team,given the hospitality of ICT club & steal their flag amongst other things.

No you are making out football fans are not the morons they used to be. I give you the young team,given the hospitality of ICT club & steal their flag amongst other things.

In rugby the stealing "souvenirs" from other clubs is a proud tradition. And they get to drink through their eye balls throughout entire matches!