Crowds

TheYellowBox

Right I'm all for the young lads but they were told to stop standing on the chairs about 10 times... Didn't listen so one got punted out... Don't want to sound like the grumpy old man but more seats got broke and surely that has to be stopped by the stewards? Isn't that what the stewards are paid to do.

Edited by PerthSeany

Crowds would be vastly improved if what happened on the pitch improved.

After the last two games I wouldn't be surprised if the number take a drastic down turn, who wants to turn up and shout on their team when they put in pish performances like that !

The apathy at the club seems underwhelming to say the least. Something, somewhere has gone seriously wrong from the board to the pitch.

January transfer window is open ! Is there any talk of bringing in some much needed new blood !

Jesus we need it.

Either that or the only thing Saints should do with the transfer window is to chuck folk out of it, including some of the board, SB, just make sure it's not a ground floor window, 12th floor of a skyscraper would do !

So utterly f....ing incensed by the quality and reaction, or lack of it, by the club in the last two games  :angry: Signed, not Mr Angry, but Mr Fuming !!!!!    

Article on STV website (4 Dec 2014) re: average attendances over last 20 years http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/302136-how-has-your-clubs-average-attendance-changed-in-past-20-years/

"St Johnstone

While St Johnstone's recent figures cannot compare to their average attendances at the turn of the Millennium, their numbers remain largely static.

Last season's Scottish Cup win looks to have increased crowds slightly for this term, and there is an obvious core support that have remained whenever St Johnstone have slipped out of the top flight."

Interesting reading.

Highland Saintee - What a ridiculous post.

Why would you want little thugs like that at Saints anyway? They weren't bothered about the football. All they wanted to do was get noticed. They've cost the club hundreds of pounds again. Probably more than the wee pric#s pay for entry.

As for G4S, they're not great. We all know that but it could be much worse, look at the grief at Pitoddrie again. Just a joke! But "pervy", really?

Edited by Saintcraig

Its the fifth highest average in the top division, thats what it is

To me that is very impressive. Just under 5k average half way through the season.

I know it will drop a bit, but it has got to be encouraging that crowds are on the up.

Presumably with either st mirren or Ross county going down (or both) and hearts coming up, then it will only go up next year too you'd assume.

Surely has got to be good news and might allow for a slightly larger player budget?

To me that is very impressive. Just under 5k average half way through the season.

I know it will drop a bit, but it has got to be encouraging that crowds are on the up.

Presumably with either st mirren or Ross county going down (or both) and hearts coming up, then it will only go up next year too you'd assume.

Surely has got to be good news and might allow for a slightly larger player budget?

You'd hope so.

Or a pay rise for GMac

4846 is a great average, our highest since 2000-01 season.

We still have Celtic, aberdeen and Dundee to play at home before the split, three out of our 4 bigger away supports. If we make top 6 then we would hopefully get utd at home again as well.

Does seem a bit bizarre that out of the last 14 or so seasons, it's the one without hearts, hibs and rangers that is the biggest average (so far).

As for increasing again next season, I'm not sure. A big part of our increase has been season ticket sales after the cup final, and I'm not sure how many of those will renew as, to be honest, the entertainment and number of goals at McDiarmid hasn't been near as good as last season.

A lot will depend on this transfer window and the summer. If we get a few exciting players in and start to look like we're improving, then hopefully we would see even more folk coming along to add to the bigger away supports from hearts and Rangers/ Hibs.

The chairman asked for the public to turn out in greater numbers for the team after the cup final, at his player of the year night speech I'm pretty sure he even mentioned the difference an extra thousand makes on the finances. Our average last season was 3806, so the Saints support has done it's bit, now it's upto him to repay that faith and give Tommy the backing to freshen up the squad.

The trouble with some of our "crowd" is their black or white outlook.

When we are winning we are fantastic......when we are losing we are " f%cking shite". I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.I would love Saints to play fabulous attacking football every week and score tons of goals,but it aint going to happen. Its something to strive for but on our budget ,not feasible.

The time Saints really need support is when things are not quite so rosy and screaming for TW and or SB to be removed is not the answer.

Dont get to as many games now and I miss it loads.Born a Saintee 1955,will die one too.

The trouble with some of our "crowd" is their black or white outlook.

When we are winning we are fantastic......when we are losing we are " f%cking shite". I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.I would love Saints to play fabulous attacking football every week and score tons of goals,but it aint going to happen. Its something to strive for but on our budget ,not feasible.

The time Saints really need support is when things are not quite so rosy and screaming for TW and or SB to be removed is not the answer.

Dont get to as many games now and I miss it loads.Born a Saintee 1955,will die one too.

On the footballing aspect the Mcd pitch is starting to head south again which makes it even less likely that we will play fabulous attacking football. The weather taking its toll. 

As a supporter, I'm usually happier seeing us win ugly than lose no matter how we play - I know its an entertainment industry but a smile on a Saturday if we manage to win!

Edited by PerthSeany

Let's not kid ourselves that St Johnstone are the only club who have fans that overreact to wins/losses. It happens at every single club. Look at the Utd forum after we beat them. You'd think they wanted Jackie Mac sacked. Few days later everything is rosy after a Derby roasting.

That's the joy of Football. We want to win so badly that when we don't we go in a big cream puff!

Edited by Broon